3335 West Village Drive, Teton Village, Wyoming, 83025, United States

More about Hotel Terra Jackson Hole

Great Stay at Hotel Terra

by TripAdvisor Member KCLbaltimore

Jackson, Wyoming/Hotel Terra

On a recent trip to Jackson, Wyoming, our hotel rivaled the Teton views as a star attraction! Our stay at the Hotel Terra was WONDERFUL!!! It was designed with environmental concerns in mind, and the technology is state –of-the-art. The lighting in the beautiful bathroom went from perfect for make-up application to excellent night lighting. Our room had a foyer that was perfect for storage of luggage and golf clubs out of the way. And an added plus: the hotel’s restaurant, Osteria, has fabulous food in a fun atmosphere. We can highly recommend the Hotel Terra!

Karen and Pierce Linaweaver
Baltimore, Maryland

Hotel Terra-iffic

by TripAdvisor Member amntraveler

Had the great pleasure at staying at the brand new and absolutely fabulous Hotel Terra in Teton Village in Jackson Hole. The Terra has a green theme and posts some interesting information about how they've constructed their well thought-out eco friendly offering, from totally nontoxic mattresses (the most comfortable I've ever slept in...) to providing up to 75% natural lighting in each room. We had a one bedroom suite on the fifth floor that had 15ish foot ceilings which were totally spectacular.

I don't quite understand the vehemence of the some of the negative reviews but will concede that Terra needs to rethink a couple of things. The placement of the faucets in the bathroom does indeed make shaving and face-washing a little tricky and I do agree that one elevator (even being a stair guy...) seemed lacking. But the positive attributes so overwhelmingly outweighed the negatives that those little deficiencies hardly seem worth mentioning.

Everyone of the twenty or so people we met in the magnificent rooftop hot tube unwaveringly raved about their room and stay at Terra. While I did not partake of the spa, my friend did and said it was fantastic.

The service level of the admittedly young staff was excellent. Let's remember that Terra is in a remote, very expensive-to-live-in ski town so while maybe not possessing the highly experienced staff of some five star place in NYC, I personally was very impressed with the courtesy and eagerness-to-please of the staff they did have.

So overall, for a hotel that admittedly is going through some growing pains, I would unequivocally recommend Hotel Terra. I will absolutely be staying there again this summer and next winter.

loved Hotel Terra but the heating/air blows

by TripAdvisor Member bw2082

We stayed at Hotel Terra from June 8 through the 12th of 2008 and had a wonderful time. The hotel staff is fabulous, although I felt it was somewhat understaffed. (The concierge doubled as front desk operator and room service delivery from time to time.) The two concierges are excellent. Before my stay, I was contacted at home by them to plan my itinerary and book tours and restaurants. The restaurant Osteria is the best restaurant in Teton Village. I at at them all from the ones in the Four Seasons (small portions high prices) to the Japanese restaurant Masa next door to Terra. The rooms are modern and luxurious. My only complaint is that the heating and air conditioning system was designed by an insane person. The time that we went there, Jackson was having unseasonably cold weather (snow and in the 20s). Turing on the heat was a nightmare. After contacting the front desk, we were told that someone from engineering had to come to the room to physically flip on a hidden switch to turn the heat on, even though we could set the thermostat ourselves to 87 degrees. We had to do this every time we wanted heat. It was annoying! If you go, rent a car. Teton Village is a long way from Jackson and getting a cab is expensive. Driving is easy. It's essentially a large loop, so it's difficult to get lost. Hotel Terra does not have a courtesy car.

Best Western at Jackson Hole

by GUYON about Best Western at Jackson Hole

160$ Situated in a ski resort.
Indoor pool.
Pleasant small village at 8 miles from Jackson Hole

BEST cabins and hosts in all of Wyoming!

by Homanded about Budges Lower Slide Lake Cabins

We have been staying here since the early 90's when we first discovered the magic that is Jackson Hole, the Grand Tetons and, thankfully, Lower Slide Lake.
I'd like to say that Jane and Danny Budge, the owners, contributed to our initial experience and, to our love of the area.
With their guidance, wonderful sense of hosting and, the incredible comfort that is their cabins, situated in an idealic surrounding, you will be sure to fall in love too.

We've stayed at all four cabins throughout our many visits but, our favorites are, #4, if traveling solo or, #1 if in a group (which has numbered as high as 8)! The cabins offer seclusion, wonderful ammenities, and a surrounding which is heaven on earth!
A beautiful lake, brimming with trout right outside your door.
Hummingbirds feeding from your window feeders or, flowers during the summertime to, eagles nesting right across the cabin on the far side of the lake. You can watch the Osprey teach their chicks to fish!
Beavers build up their dam and swim alond side the lake shore as you watch the sun set!

During the winter, we've seen BigHorn Sheep, Elk and deer wonder up to the cabin and, on one particular year, a red fox who kept pressing his nose against the glass begging for food he's become so used to guests giving him generous handouts!

We cannot say enough about this place and, it is only made better by Jane and Danny's good and kind heart. They are helpful beyond words.
For a wonderful reading on their roots (the Budges stem back from the early settlers) pick up a copy of: Legacy of the Tetons, a guide to Homesteading in Jackson Hole by Candy Vyvey Moulton or, Thje Grand Controversy by Orrin H. Bonney and Lorraine G. Bonney.
This will also fill in the gap on how the lake was formed during that fateful night in May of 1927 and, all who perished with the wall of water.

Please take the opportunity to hike into the area surrounding the lake and, drive beyond the cabins to the Red Rock area. One of the more gorgeous yet, seldom visited parts of the park.
Go early afternoon for most dramatic colors!

On the base of the Tetons

by Homanded about Dornan's Spur Ranch Cabins

We've only stayed here one time and, unfortunately, it was an awful experience.

The evening went something like this:

We had been out visiting friends and, had developed a horrible headache. I now believe it was altitude sickness...
After arriving back at the cabins, I had been up and making frequent trips to the bathroom vomiting all night.
At about 3am, I awoke to find someone in bed with me! I jolted Eddie out of bed, both turned on the light and to our surprise, there lay a scruffy, bearded young man covered in mud, twigs and a very disheveled look to him! He reeked of alcohol!

We started screaming for him to get out, demanding to know how he'd gotten in and trying to push him out the door.
He could barely stand he was so drunk (or high).
Ended up, he was an employee of Dornan's, working the Pizza Restaurant. He and several buddies had been drinking by the river and, he'd eventually passed out.
In his drunken state, confused, he had wondered to our cabin and, thanks to a faulty latch, he'd managed to walk in and pass out on our bed thinking he was back at his employee dorm!

Police and manager was called, he lost his job, we were apologized to profusely and, we promptly checked out of the place the following day.
To their credit, they refused to charge us and could not have been nicer.
I cannot help but wonder what would've happened had I been an older woman staying there by myself or, a child who's room that young man had wondered into. They are ideally situated at the base of the Teton Range and, offer various activities which can be organized from their premises.
You will not have a hard time finding them as they are known throughout the valley and, their tell tale giant Indian Tee-pee acts like a beacon, from far away.

I have to say that no trip to Jackson Hole is complete w/out a stop at their deli for what has to be the BEST sandwiches in all of Jackson.
Try the Ham with Apricot Chutney....
We always get some of their natural granola and a couple sandwhiches to take on our hikes...made to order, you decide what you want in them!
People rave about their bbq...I didn't find it particularly good.

They also provide a fully stocked sporting good store and a grocery store which, although convinient if you're staying in a campground in the general area is way too expensive for serious stocking up.
Go into Jackson and stock up at the Albertson's instead.
Their meats offered here are A-1 however and very very fresh!

Hip hotel in the center of Teton Village

by TripAdvisor Member biffbaker

I often stay in smaller boutique hotels for a more personal experience. Hotel Terra did not disappoint. I found the hotel extremely inspired and energetic - just what I needed to ski one of the toughest mountains in N America. Great care was taken to address the modern traveler's wants and needs including ipod docking stations, wifi connections, flat panel LCD TVs and touch screen telephones complete with a weather forecast for JH. The fact that it's green is icing on the cake.

Enjoy the environment; Enjoy yourself

by TripAdvisor Member greengirl6

My boyfriend and I loved our stay the Hotel Terra. We had an beautiful room with a kitchen, skiied all day, and could feel good about it because we knew we were choosing an eco-friendly hotel. Besides that the staff was extremely helpful and we made use of the spa services which were extremely relaxing. Basically, if you are looking for an upscale way to enjoy the beautiful Teton Mountains, Hotel Terra is the way to go!

JACKSON HOLE, WYOMING

by Pawtuxet

Jackson Hole is a naturalist's dream. Hiking, climbing, riding, fishing..couldn't be more idealic.

Jackson Hole sits at the side of the Great Teton Mountains just south of the Yellowstone National Park. Lots of National parks and protected lands all around it.
It felt like a saucer or a basin in the midst of a vast wilderness...with mountains in a complete circle all around you. Lots of ranching all around ... horseback riding...herding cattle...it's all a page out of the old western movies.

Jackson Hole & Yellowstone

by GUYON

"Jackson le "trou""

Jackson was a hole in which each year the trappers and some indians met to exchange furs and food.

Now it the major town near the Grand Teton Park so named because a round mountain looks like a women breast.

Jackson HoleJackson Hole

Stage Coach in Jackson Hole!Stage Coach in Jackson Hole!

Map of Jackson HoleMap of Jackson Hole

just outside Jackson Holejust outside Jackson Hole

cashing travel cheques

by lfc

hi
is it easy to cash traveler cheques in jackson hole at the weekends
thanks in advance

RE: cashing travel cheques

by Paulie_D

If you are taking US$ T/cheques then you can use them like cash in stores & restaurants. You don't have to go to a bank and cash them.

You may be asked to show ID (your passport or other picture ID) so it might be advisable to carry it (somewhere safe) for that purpose.

Hope this helps.

Paulie

Wagon Train Trip

by gemstone

Hello. I'm looking for information from anyone who has taken one of the wagon train trips that leave from Jackson Hole. My husband, son (15) and I are seriously considering taking a wagon train trip next summer and are looking for any type of feedback from someone who has already done this. Thanks for your help.

Moving to Idaho or Wyoming

by troysig

I'm 29, single, and after several visits for hiking/skiiing have decided to move to either Wyoming or Idaho. I'd like to live somewhere with the most variety/quantity of venues for hiking, skiing and biking are accessbile, (i.e. anywhere from real close up to a four/five hour drive). I'd like to live away from a city so I can have a few acres to call my own, but be no more than an hour or so I'd guess so I can easily enjoy nightlife, shopping, etc..

My most recent trip took me to Grand Teton NP and down route 89. I don't know if anything along that route fits the criteria above, but I sure loved the scenery.

I'm beginning my research over this Thanksgiving weekend, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Moving to Idaho or Wyoming

by pilgrim55

Sounds like Jackson Hole would be what you are looking for. There is a huge difference though between living someplace and vacationing there. There is a reason that Wyoming is one of the least populated states in the nation. It is beautiful and wonderful to visit, but living there year round can be tough. Good luck!

by Rixie

Driggs, Idaho, is about an hour from Jackson Hole and is a nice small town near the Grand Tetons with spectacular scenery.

by jmhenry1123

I love Jackson Hole Wyoming.

Re: Moving to Idaho or Wyoming

by delcity

try this site ( www.findmyspot.com ) plug in your wishes and see where comes up on there list of the best ten places that meet those wishes.
a couple of other places might come up on the list for you other than idaho or wyoming.

by Rixie

That's true. If you'd consider other places, how about the Truckee area in California? Friends of ours moved there years ago because they like mountains, snow sports, horseback riding, hunting and fishing. Truckee is near Lake Tahoe, so the scenery is beautiful. Closest big cities are Reno, Nevada (about 35 miles), and Sacramento, CA (about 60 miles).

RE: Moving to Idaho or Wyoming

by AskSharron

Hi there:

Don't kno wif you are still looking but truckee, California is somewhere you might want to consider. Not only do we boast the best adaptive ski school in the West - Tahoe Apdative Ski Shool (TASS) at Alpine Meadoww, but we have lakes, trails sytems, water sports, etc. that are all accessible. We have a large athletic community here that are very involved in accesbile sports.

if you want more information I can put you in touch with a local paralympic Athlete.

Comments