Snake River Lodge And Spa

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 31% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Snake River Lodge And Spa

Snake River Lodge & Spa

We just returned from a 5 night trip staying at this hotel. It was awesome. WE had 3 different rooms and loved everyone of them. They were wonderfully appointed und very comfy. The hotel staff could not be any nicer and more helpful. The spa was definitely worth getting a bathing suit for. Looking around that would be the only hotel for us to return to. I don't know what people where complaining about before. Yes, the view, which was almost completely taken away by the Four Seasons Hotel which is a pompous place.
The only thing I don't agree with were the prices at the restaurant at the hotel, a bit overpriced, too bad.

OK but not Great

My husband and I and our two teenage children stayed at the Snake River Lodge & Spa for a week in March 2005 for a ski vacation. Tbe hotel staff were for the most part very nice and provided a good level of service, particularly the bellman and car valets. The concierge desk was, however, a weak link, being not well managed. The personnel at the concierge desk were not able to perform the service other hotels perform (make dinner reservations) and did not know basic facts about the resort. The rooms at the hotel were a bit of a disappointment, being too small to be comfortable. We had two connecting rooms, which helped, but the small size wamade the rooms awkward. Nice bathrooms, though. The hotel is somewhat on the noisy side, because of the constant traffic. The spa is quite wonderful. Our teenagers liked the pool and we enjoyed the work-out room. The hotel does need to address the hallways and ski locker rooms, which have a "run down from use look". Theses areas should be decorated with more durable carpets. By March, the ski locker room had quite the odor, kinda like a men's locker room. I would also suggest that the continental breakfast buffet have more variety and something different (a "special") every day. Not eveyone wants a hot breakfast and after a few days the same thing every morning is a drag. Also, there should be a greater selection of breads and not just bagels.

Beautiful and peaceful

by TripAdvisor Member vaca7423

My husband, daughter and I just got back from a lovely stay of 6 nights. Bedding is soooo comfy and rooms cozy. We went to the "Mangy Moose" for live music, dancing and drinks located in the village walking distance. Too fun!!!!! For delicious prickly pear margaritas and wonderful cuisine try "Cascades" also located in the village walking distance. Such a wonderful time and we saw black bears!!

Great holiday @ SRL

I was a little worried after reading some reviews about the size of the rooms. We had a standard king bed room and there was ample room for us and our luggage. So fear not ! They were kept very clean and up to good standard.
Bathrooms were really nice and well stocked with good quality products and bathrobes.
On the down side the walls are quite thin and guests with noisy children could be heard and someone complained about the noise coming from our room when we were checking out at 5am. It's hard to be quiet lifting heavy suitcases about!
The food was good in the restaurant although sometimes a little overseasoned for my taste and the breakfast buffet well presented with ample variety, however the dinner menu, lunch menu & breakfast buffet didn't change during our stay so after 10 days it was a little boring.
The staff were really helpful and worked hard to make sure you had what you needed particularly at breakfast.
The bar was quite cold most times during our stay in spite of the open fire, I think there was problems with the heating, it seemed to improve towards the end of our holiday.
The pool in the spa was not very warm and I didn't visit it again as I did not find it pleasant. Changing rooms are well equipped, clean and comfortable.
We did have items charged to our bill for a hotel transfer which had already been prepaid and a taxi on Xmas day was billed as a return trip instead of one way. We did get this sorted out but it took a few trips and telephone calls to the concierge.
When we checked out the person on the desk was unfamiliar with the billing and was unsure of the charges, this resulted in another charge being debited to my account after we had left and I had to make several international calls once we got home to have it credited back.
Aside from the billing issues the hotel is of a good standard, and the staff generally pleasant, friendly and effecient.
There is a bus stop outside to take you to Jackson and they run on time so it's easy to get about. Staying in the village does give you the benefit of ski in, ski out.
A trip to Yellowstone to see Old Faithful is a must, particularly in winter, the landscape is surreal. I can also recommend the Dinner sleigh ride and Grand teton tour which is amazing value for 109 dollars each. Includes 3 course meal at the Granary restaurant which is a real good place to eat with great views. We saw some great wildlife on the trip and the guide was really good. The tour is run by Grand Teton Adventure Company and can be booked through Llama Lou's over at the Mangy Moose. Make sure you say hi to Molly when you visit.
The Amangani is great for a meal and to watch the sunset with a pre dinner drink. The nibbles they provide with the drinks are the best!
All in all this was a ski holiday with a difference, great country, great wildlife, great holiday.

Comments