Art Hotel - Hotel De Charme

Azcuenaga 1268, Barrio Norte/Recoleta, Buenos Aires, Capital Federal District, 1115, Argentina

A Hotel
Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Costs 27% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

A wonderful stay

After spending some time doing research on places to stay, I decided to go with the Art Hotel. We didn't want to stay at an apartment which would definitely have been more economical, but instead we wanted a cozy boutique style hotel for our few days in Buenos Aires. I do a lot of reading and research when it comes to places to stay (unless I am staying at a Marriott or other chain hotel) and this particular hotel had everything.

The price was excellent, it was a small hotel, and in the neighborhood of Recoleta, exactly where we wanted to stay.

We arrived early Friday, sometime around 12:30 pm. The front desk agents were very friendly, but our room was not ready. We registered and left our bags and decided to walk around the neighborhood until check-in. We returned sometime around 5ish where we were given our key and room number and told about the daily breakfast. Our bags were already in our room which was quite nice.

The room was quite stunning, with a Queen bed with nice linens. The room was a pretty nice size, which had a small table, large mirror and a nice size bathroom. The closet was perfect and there was a wardrobe with a small tv and there was a trunk at the foot of the bed, making the room quite cozy. The ceilings were cathedral ceilings with a drap over the bed. The door to the room was a huge double plane door with an amazing lock.

The hotel provide free internet in the lobby and breakfast is served everyday and is included in your room rate. There are some amazing art work in the lobby area and the workers where all so nice and gracious.

I would definitely stay here on our next visit.

Unique Quality: We loved the personal attention we received from everyone at the hotel, as well as the cozy romantic room, with its nice bed. The bathroom was a good size and everything about the hotel was nice.

More about Art Hotel - Hotel De Charme

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member bdh1968

Hotel Art is a great little hotel in my opinion. They must have addressed the service issues noted in previous comments, because when I stayed in early February the service was great. The staff was friendly and efficient, and they made numerous reservations at restaurants and offered good advice.

Hotel Art is an excellent value for the location and hotel. The historic building was updated while maintaining historical integrity and charm. The rooms are small, however they are well designed and modern. It has a good feel and nice ambiance.

I travel frequently, and I will be returning to this hotel in late February, so I'll post more comments if I find anything new.

Don't Waste Your Money

by TripAdvisor Member academical

This hotel is a rip-off! Despite booking 3 nights in a superior room we were given a twin (Sorry, Sir/Madam hotel already fully booked!!) Both twin beds against wall space bewteen bed less than 24" NO SPACE TO PUT CASES! No Chair, Tiny TV in cabinet overhanging one bed. (Not that we wanted TV). Bathroom tiny too! Wardrobe/Closet space a joke 2ft wide and 15ft high. Literally couldn't have swung a cat in the room. When making a complaint to front desk another guest had same issue. Staff were disinterested offering a double for the next night for another $30 extra then back to our small room for the last night. We did what any sensible person would. Checked out before 12noon by which time we had found a 4* alternative with a huge inclusive breakfast less than 5 minutes way by cab (A$5!!.)
For two normal sized Europeans the rooms are pathetic.
For any North Americans??????? Cute???? Forget it!!!

Don't miss Buenos Aires however, City wonderful, People friendly (xCpt Art Staff) and prices very good for £ $ etc.

Enjoyed the Art Hotel and its staff!

by TripAdvisor Member auntj

Stayed for 4 nights in early February. Staff (especially front desk) were always pleasant and helpful for anything we needed. Hotel is a unique structure that has its ideosyncracies, but those same features became part of the charm. Great location, even better price. And the breakfast (included) was excellent.

Great boutique hotel in great neighborhood.

by TripAdvisor Member kikoluv

We stayed at the Art Hotel for two nights before departing on a cruise. Although our incoming flight was delayed and we did not arrive at the hotel until 1130pm, the staff held our reservation and was ready and willing to help us with our luggage and give us a tour of the place. The building itself is a vintage delight, carefully restored and immaculate. Great features of this small hotel include the delicious continental buffet breakfast, free computer access, refrigerator in room, and rooftop deck/hot tub. Location is superb; just steps off of Avenida Santa Fe with its thousands of shops, and close to Recoleta and its fine shops. Subway access about three blocks away (D Line, Puerrydon stop). What the rooms lack in size and light, they make up in charm. Our room, 23, a "king" room, was of decent size but was quite dark (there is no window, only faux windows facing an interior courtyard). However the soaring ceilings, quirky furnishings and double french doors made it very comfortable. I would suggest splurging for the king room if room size is of any importance. Other rooms are much smaller. Well worth the $105. Every staff member from the breakfast attendant, housekeeper, desk clerk and the owner were exceptionally pleasant and helpful. Would definitely stay there again.

A few notes of interest: (1) when comparing prices of competing hotels, note that tax is included in the rate shown on their website. With tax at 21%, this could make a big difference. (2) the hotel requires that you leave your room key at the front desk when you leave. This really didn't bother us, but we noticed that other guests didn't feel real comfortable with this. (3) the hotel has three kinds of rooms; small and cozy, queen and king. The small and cozy rooms feature twin beds, and the queen and king rooms have double beds, not queen or king beds. The only difference between these two rooms is their size.

Small room, comfortable bed, great service

by TripAdvisor Member jerblu

The Art Hotel is charming and the service (contradicting recent reviews on this forum) was pleasant, friendly, and top-drawer. True- the "superior" class room itself was small (see my photos), and the lighting was poor, and the bathroom was small. But these are not significant unless you plan to spend a lot of time in your room. The major amount of time I spend in a hotel room is sleeping, and I must say that the BED was excellent, thereby meeting or exceeding all of my principle criteria. Breakfast was quite good (rolls and jam, cereal, yoghurt, cheese and ham, sliced fruits, coffee). I would be very satisfied to go back there again. The location was very good- on the SouthWest corner of Recoleta, close to a Subte and only 2 blocks from Santa Fe, and only 3 blocks from a gelateria (what more could you ask for?)

Good deal for the price!

by TripAdvisor Member nygaby

I travel to BA six to eight times a year. Stayed in all kind of Hotels.
This is my review on the Art Hotel, where I spent 6 nights (April 1st to 7th) in room 52.
The location is desirable, close to Santa Fe Av. the subway, shoping, restaurants, Recoleta, you name it.
The building is charming, this is a true boutique hotel.
The Lobby is adecuate, there is a nice area (wireless available and free) on the ground floor, you can also use the hotel computer (free), or sit down read some of the great picture books they have on all parts of Argentina. There is a small "Art Gallery", some nice well lit paintings for sale. At the same time there is original art work all over the hotel.
In the back of the ground floor, is the breakfast area.
Breakfast is above average for hotels in BA, the food is good, and there is always place to sit down and read some of the newspapers available there in the morninigs.
The elevators are 1930's and they are small but very charming, the mirrors are real crystal.
My room 52, on the top floor next to a nice terrace where you can sit, unwind, drink some Malbec, and watch the southern cross. The room is adecuate, on the small size, but good enough, unless you plan to spend the week inside it.
They offer free internet in the rooms, the quality of the beds, linens, pillows, and covers is TOP NOTCH.
The rest is OK, the bathroom is small, but again adecuate.
Plenty of closet space, and a safe, also a TV, and a fridge.
The people that work there starting with Eduardo Casazza are top of the line. On top of every detail. I'm not the easiest of customers, and they satisfied all my requests and needs. Reservations, taxis, addresses, more questions, comments, last minutes emergencies, etc.
There is no question in my mind, this is the place where I'm going to stay on my next trip.
NOTE: rooms 42,32,and 22 have balconies, for me it was not important, but it adds some interest to the toom.
Great value, good place to stay!

Querido Art Hotel

"I visited Buenos Aires with the intention to look for what is authentic ... The Art Hotel must be one of the few hotels in town that respected the historic origins of a building that must be about 100 years old.
I'm an art lover and appreciated the presence of works of art all over the hotel (art galery on the ground floor, art in the rooms,...).
Although I consider myself to be a demanding customer, I was very pleased with the attitude and eficacy of the hotel's staff.
If you are looking for a place that is really special, check out the Art Hotel."

Un abrazo!
Bernard FREVILLE

a must in Buenos Aires

Probably one of the most romantic and best hotels of Buenos Aires ! Old typical house of Buenos Aires totally refurbished in ancient style.
Very well located (Recoleta), calm, excellent breakfast, family atmosphere. Free internet access for customers.
Permanent exhibitions of paintings and draws of artists.

A good address to know ! Your best choice and quality/ price if you are looking for something different.
This address was recommanded to me by the travel agency Equinoxe (Buenos Aires). Thanks to them !

Great and charming hotel In Recoleta

by TripAdvisor Member Yann_BuenosAires

I have spent a great time in Buenos Aires in a very charming hotel with a good location in Recoleta.
Beds are really confortable and the Manager, Eduardo is always of good advices, about where to go and what to do.It's very helpfull to any one that want to experience a great stay in a lively town.
If you like friendly places and tastefull ambience don't hesitate, there is no where else to stay.

Comments