Local currency - ATM tips
1) when trying to get pesos in Buenos Aires, you can go into any ATM with your foreign ATM card (most ATMs are connected to the Plus network, all the ones on the Banelco chain are) and get pesos at the daily exchange rate (usually a pretty advantageous one) directly without needing to go to a Currency Exchange.
2) Never get 100 pesos out of an ATM in Argentina - because, most likely, you will end up with one 100 pesos bill, which is much harder to break (imagine if you went to pay a cab in NY with 100 bucks, same situation). All ATMs store also 10, 20 50 and 100 Pesos bills - I usually get 90 pesos which breaks down to one 50 and 2 "20s" or 4 "10s" depending on the ATM - that way I already have a decent amount of change
3) NO FEES on argentine ATMs! so you won't have the added $1.50 / $2.50 transaction cost you get in the US
4) when you are about to travel back to the US and if you ran out of dollars head for the ATM again, most stock dollars and pesos.
Hippodrome / Hipodromo de Palermo
Of course here you can assist horse races, but there's also a casino there, only with slot machines. It is worth a visit, the building is amazing!
Por supuesto que aca se pueden ver carreras de caballos, pero tambien adentro funciona un casino solo con maquinas tragamonedas. Vale la pena la visita, el edificio es impresionante!
After the great Argentinian economical shock caused by irregular politicians peso currency has devaluated from those former days when 1 peso was 1 american dollar.....
Nowadays prices are reallly expensive for locals who are buying to european prices and they earn like argentina average....for outsiders almost all is really cheap...actually you can exchange 1 euro per 3.95 pesos ...when i was there in march ..just for 3.55..or 3.60 as much as !!
River Plate Stadium
Argentinians have a passion for "futbol" -soccer- that can only compare with Brazilians passion for it.
River Plate (colours red and white) is the main opponent team to Boca Juniors, and its stadium called "El Monumental" -the largest in Argentina, where Argentina won the World Cup in 1978- holds concerts and other major events from time to time, but its mainly the place to go watch a game.
River Plate players included: Gabriel Batistuta y Hernán Crespo.
There are tickets from 15 to 40 pesos.
Once every two weeks there will be a good match, so you cant miss it, just go and watch a passionate (soccer) game on a Sunday in River Plate Stadium, and feel it vibrate!!!
Take a look at the website and check out the right top corner for English.
Estadio de River Plate: "El Monumental". Its located in between Belgrano and Nuniez neighbourhoods. In Capital Federal
Address: Av. Figueroa Alcorta 7597 - and Udaondo street...
Its very easy to access...
The most direct way is by taxi or bus (28, 29, 42, 130) but you can also go by the Retiro-Tigre train -its airconditioned and very comfortable- from Retiro train station, just get off at Belgrano C station and walk 14 blocks, or by subte -underground- the D line, getting off at Congreso del Tucuman station and walking some 15 blocks
Compras , compras.. / Shopping , shopping....
Para los europeos son muy atractivas las compras en este momento en Argentina . Voy a indicar alguno de los sitios que nos gustaron por su diseño , su precio...
- "Guido mocasines" Zapatos C/ Quintana 333 Muy buen precio y diseño
- "La Martina"- Camisas , camisetas de Polo , cazadoras.. - Primera tienda en Arribeños y Monrroy , hay sucursales en casi todos los centros comerciales - Están de moda en España Caro , pero más barato que en España
- "López" Artículos de cuero de lujo , carpincho , huanaco... En Galerías Pacífico y en Patio Bullrich Dicen que es la tienda más exclusiva de pieles con diseños bonitos y pieles buenas y caras
- "Laffon" Artículos de cuero de lujo , carpincho , huanaco... Viamonte 582 - (esquina Florida) http://www.laffonleathers.com - Tienda exclusiva de pieles con diseños bonitos y pieles buenas y caras
- "Lazaro" - Bolsos , carteras de cuero... En Galerías Pacífico - Diseños muy modernos y buenos precios For the Europeans the purchases at this moment in Argentina are very attractive. I am going to indicate some of the sites that pleased us by their design, its price…
- “Guido mocasines” Shoes C/ Quintana 333 - Very good price and design
- “The Martina” - Shirts, t-shirts of Pole, jackets. - First original shop is in Monrroy and Arribeños , there are branches in almost all the important malls- They are fashionable in Spain Expensive but more cheaper than in Spain
- “Lopez” Leather luxury articles , capybara, huanaco… In Pacific Galleries and Patio Bullrich The say that it is the most exclusive store of leather with pretty designs , good and expensive leather
- “Laffon” - Leather luxury articles, capybara, huanaco… Viamonte 582 - ( corner Florida st.) http://www.laffonleathers.com - Exclusive leather store with pretty designs , good and expensive leather
- “Lazaro” - Leather bags , purses, … In Pacific Galleries - Designs very modern and good prices