Buenos Aires Hilton

Hilton Buenos Aires
Booking.com Hotels.com BookIt.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 29% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Worst Hotel Stay. EVER.

My stay in Hilton is, so far, a BIG disappointment. And not to mention that it has become a stressful experience.

I am staying in Hilton for 41 days and most of it has been stressful. (Yes, unfortunately I have to stay here for a few more days since I'm on a business trip and Hilton is the closest hotel to our office.) I am a Hilton gold member and was told that I will be upgraded to the executive lounge when a room becomes available (Gustavo of the front desk told me there was no available room when I arrived) but I'll be checking out 4 days from now and I have never been upgraded. But when one of my officemates arrived three weeks after me, they put him in the executive room even though I requested to be waitlisted and he didn't have a reservation just because he paid for the room. Is that how gold members are treated in Hilton?

The receptionists at the front desk rarely smile and should be taught good customer service but the receptionist named Rosario is the worst. She NEVER smiles, a snob and sounds condescending when she talks. I don't know if she's aware that she works for a service industry.

THERE IS NO WI-FI INSIDE THE ROOM. Like how the hell is that possible for a luxury hotel? Good thing that I brought my Airport Express so I can have wi-fi inside the room. My officemates have to go to the lobby or outside their rooms just to get a signal. I can get a better wi-fi signal at the middle of the street. And that's no joke.

Part of my benefits as a HHilton gold member is the breakfast buffet at El Faro. The restaurant staff is all nice and accommodating (front desk should learn from them), especially the two Mercedeses (the chef and the waitress), David, the two Fernandas, and the other three waitresses which I forgot the names, BUT the food is SO uninspired. I've been staying in Hilton for more than a month now but their morning breakfast buffet NEVER changed. Eggs, bacon, sausage, pancake, french toast and scrambled eggs are staple then two dishes will be routinely changed with rice, asparagus, steamed tomato, french fries, and potato wedges. (See how I already memorized their options?) It may be OK for a week or two but having the same thing for more than a month is not funny anymore. I've stayed in other hotels and they change their menu almost everyday. I stayed in Four Points Mumbai (which is considered only a 3- or 2-star hotel) but their food selection is way better that Hilton's.

I couldn't care much about those things actually but what I can't accept is how Hilton handle the security of their guests' belongings. I "lost" my perfume in my room and called the attention of Hilton to investigate how it happened. I bought the perfume at the airport when I arrived in Argentina and just used it twice since I still have another bottle which I brought from Manila. I asked them to do an investigation because I find it weird that my three phones, laptop and 2 cameras which were lying around in my room were still there but it's the perfume that got "lost". I just don't want to believe that it was stolen because the cleaners are so nice to me so I just want to think that one of them may have accidentally thrown away the perfume (Issey Miyake) since it looks empty especially when new because the bottle is frosted. But I was told by Gaston, the duty manager, that cleaners don't and shouldn't throw away anything that's not in the trash bin. So I told him that I am not stupid nor crazy to throw away a bottle of perfume that I just bought. He said he will ask all of the people/cleaners who went into my room if they saw the missing perfume bottle. I didn't get a call from him after two days so I made a follow-up and that's when he told me that all of the cleaners denied seeing the perfume bottle and that all of them just saw 1 perfume bottle (Bulgari). I already resigned the idea of getting my perfume back since I feel that it's not worth all the trouble they're giving me and I hate that they try to make me feel that I'm just making up a story. Until Silvia (one of the cleaners I got to talk to) admitted that she saw and perfume and she clearly remembers where it was. I don't know what "investigation" Gaston did nor how he asked the cleaners about my missing perfume but I just showed Silvia a picture of the missing perfume bottle from the internet and she remembered it immediately. So I tried to call up Gaston but I was told that he's on leave and will not be back after a few weeks. So Mariela, another duty manager, took up on the case and promised that they will be replacing the missing perfume. But three days after our conversation and there was no sight of the replacement so I made a follow-up. I went to the reception desk after I got from work and I got to talk to Brian, another duty manager. He said that Mariela told him that the perfume will be replaced and that they just can't find a store that sells it. A day after that, I got a call from Mariela. She is apologizing for a misunderstanding because she thought I don't want the perfume to be replaced anymore (WTF?!). So I called up the guest relations manager (Pablo) this time. I was just so disappointed that Brian and/or Mariela just added to my aggravation by lying to me on the status of my dilemma since they have contradicting claims. Finally, after three more days, I got my perfume replacement with a letter that I have to sign that I won't be suing Hilton. I just wanted my horrible two-week ordeal to end so I just signed the paper and got my perfume but I really felt like I have to be compensated for staying in Hilton just because of the trauma I had.

I thought Hilton has learned a lesson from my situation about security when I was told by my officemate that she can't find her Blackberry phone in her room last Sunday. Currently, Hilton is doing an "investigation" but I told her to report it already to the police and our office since we are leaving in a few days and she may not be able to get her phone back anymore after we leave. I don't know if Hilton is doing a background check on the employees that they hire or if they just get people off the street and hire them.

I am a platinum member on another hotel company and never had this problem. I wanted to stay in one of their hotels in BA but was told by my officemates to stay in Hilton since it's near our office. But looking back, I wouldn't mind walking longer distance everyday just not to experience this again.

This is, so far, the worst hotel stay ever. I expected so much from Hilton since it's a global brand and other friends recommended it but it gave me nothing but disappointment. I was asked by our company if we would still advise other employees to stay in Hilton in the future and I gave a big NO. For obvious reasons. And this means tens or hundred employees of our employees who regularly go to BA for business trips.

Unique Quality: Their only saving grace is their restaurant staff (during breakfast and dinner) and their cleaners (Luzmila and Silvia). Hilton should be rewarding those people because they are the ones who work hard to make my horrible experience a little bit bearable.

• TexasDave's Profile Photo

Elegant, Centrally Located Hotel

A large, modern hotel, this is the only representative of the Hilton family of hotels in Buenos Aires. It is right in the middle of the chic Puerto Madero neighborhood, and an easy 5-10 minute walk to Casa Rosada, and the Subte metro stops to be able to travel to many other areas of the city. The personnel are very service oriented and eager to help and make you feel 'at home'.

Directions: Puerto Madero

• sof76's Profile Photo

Hilton

If you like to stay at Puerto Madero, this is one of the options you have.
    I'd rather stay in Recoleta, but that's only my opinion...

Si quisieras quedarte en Puerto Madero, esta es una de las ociones que hay.
    Yo prefiero quedarme en Recoleta, pero es solo mi opinion...

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Excellent Lounge

The Buenos Aires Hilton is one of the better hotels in my opinion. It is the only Hilton property in town and is fairly new. I particularly like the layout of the hotel and the executive floors on 8 and 9. The lounge is on 8 and quite large. There is a pool table here in the lounge as well as some high end liquors during the happy hour with decent food options. I had some sandwiches and prawns along with a glass of scotch while I was up here. The soft drinks are available all day long.

The rooms are fairly standard. I only saw the two bed rooms which are sufficient but nothing great.

The lobby area is large and well designed. There are several restaurants available although I’d never eat in a hotel restaurant while in Buenos Aires.

Unique Quality: The gym here is quite nice as is the spa and pool area. The pool is off of the 8th floor executive lounge. I didn’t use it but it is one of the nicest I have seen in my travels.

Directions: Puerto Madero

• skywalkerbeth's Profile Photo

A nice place to stay

The hotel is very modern and spacious. It's a short walk to good restaurants and some nightlife. I was there on a business trip, and I also noted that a number of airlines keep their folks there - yes, I did go out partying with one airplace crew one night. Quite by accident. What happens in BA stays in BA, right?

Unique Quality: it has a beautiful atrium - 7-9 stories high

• Broadband Internet at the Hilton

Not too fast connection, also expensive, will try the Sheraton next time. A choice between several speeds, where higher speeds are ridiculously expensive, almost rude. Even on the executive floor.

Unique Quality: The executive lounge offers only fatty foods, if you stay here for longer than 5 weeks you better use the gym every day or run in the nearby "reserva ecologica".

• THE Hotel in Buenos Aires

Great location in the renovated docks-area, just a few minutes walk from the center. Lots of possiblities to eat & drink in- or outside around the hotel.
    Great rooms with nice view.
    Check-In was a little too busy at the time

• Constanza's Profile Photo

Hilton Buenos Aires

Unique Quality: Located in a newly redeveloped area of the city, the Hilton Buenos Aires is next to the downtown, financial, and business districts. The hotel offers immediate access to the domestic and international airports, as well as the various areas of the city.

Restaurants, cinemas, theaters, and shopping are just steps away from the hotel. The gym and open-air swimming pool with a sundeck complement the hotel's wide selection of leisure activities.

Business guests will appreciate the state-of-the-art-meeting facilities, including exhibition space, two ballrooms, and 10 meeting rooms. The hotel's business center offers secretarial support and private workstations.

• aero198's Profile Photo

Only at the Hilton

Excellent service, typical of a Hilton, with large, clean and well maintenance rooms, excellent service, they always call you by your name, delicious breakfast, fitness center, swimming pool, business center, 24 hpur room service...

Unique Quality: A unique riverview and great location in Puerto _Madero. Very friendly staff.

More about Buenos Aires Hilton

Hilton Buenos Aires Puerto Madero - A Wonderful Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member newspro

We enjoyed this fine hotel in mid-February of 2006 and found it to be absolutely wonderful in every way. We've stayed at Hiltons in Rome, London including the Park Lane, Budapest, Hawaii and all over the world. This is the finest Hilton we've ever enjoyed! The staff made every effort to be helpful and they constantly buffed the wood and kept everything sparkling. The location was great, too, near Cabana Las Lilas, the best meat restaurant in the city. And if you're worried about security here, don't! It's in a safe setting with plenty of Port Police on patrol. We are Hilton Honors Gold Members and were upgraded to a suite. Some publications give this hotel only 4 stars. I, however, would give it 5 stars plus. We highly recommend a stay at the Hilton in Puerto Madero based on our multi day stay there.

Comments