Casa Palermitano

Bulnes 1240, (between Cabrera and Cordoba avenue), Buenos Aires, 1176, Argentina

More about Casa Palermitano

Home away from home

by TripAdvisor Member Andreafz

I stayed at Casa Palermitano for eight lovely nights...what can I say? I loved the house's old charm and the daily breakfast (churros, facturas, jugos de naranja, dulce de leche, tostadas..que mas se puede pedir), but the thing that makes Casa Palermitano a unique place are their owners Lorena and Andrea...they are the best, they go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Thanks for everything guys!!!!!!!!!! Nos vemos pronto :)

almost a year later, we still miss lorena!!

by TripAdvisor Member toddtron1201

hi lorena!!! some friends of ours tried to stay with you, but you were booked. we had a good time telling them of our stay with you, though.
for those reading this, casa palermitano is a great place to stay. lorena is wonderful, so nice, and very, very helpful with all of your questions and plannings for b.a. and argentina. you would really be hard-pressed to pick a better place to stay.
Cheers Lorena! we miss you! and lucas!

More than Impressed

by TripAdvisor Member 1000travels

I am extremely pleased with my stay at Casa Palermitano during my visit to Buenos Aires.

The location of the hotel was perfect. I was able to walk to the shops, cafes, and restaurants of Palermo, and it was away from the hustle and bustle of busy touristy areas. Since I consider myself a traveler and not a tourist, I thought the location made me feel that I was a part of Buenos Aires.

I stayed at Casa Palermitano for a total of 5 nights. The rooms had private bathrooms, AC, and more importantly, they were clean and spotless. They were also airy with high ceilings. My friend and I were very happy with our rooms.

The breakfast was very, very good and gave us a great start for the day. The breakfast included fresh fruits, coffee, fresh orange juice, different kinds of bread, meats, cheese, pastries, fruit jam, and dulce de leche. I definitely looked forward to breakfast.

I was also able to keep in touch with family and friends using the computer in the living room. The Internet connection was good. It was a speedy and efficient experience.

In addition to all of the above, Lorena and her staff were great hosts. My flight was delayed for three hours and I arrived at Casa Palermitano at 3:30AM on Christmas Day. Lorena waited up for us and that was very much appreciated. She was a great host and made our stay perfect. I would definitely stay at Casa Palermitano the next time I visit Buenos Aires. I look forward to it!

A nice place to stay.

by TripAdvisor Member agt33

This is indeed a great bed and breakfast!! Rooms are ample and clean, good breakfasts (not crazy on the coffee), and freshly squeezed juice in the morning. There is also a nice, large sitting area with internet access. Lorena, her partner, and Norma are all very helpful. Oh yeah..and Lucas the parrot too! My special thanks to Lorena who helped me place calls to cancel credit cards, etc, when my wallet was lost.
Some people have written about the location not being that good. We quite enjoyed it, it is just off the corner of Cordoba Street, a major route in B.A. which will take you right to the heart of the city, and taxis are very reasonable. Maybe 3 to 4.00US to get downtown.
Just one note of disappointment. We were 2 couples who stayed 4 nights at Casa Palermitano at the beginning of our trip in Argentina, and then travelled for 10 days, and had booked to stay with Lorena for our last night in B.A. We were looking so forward to returning there, and it had been booked back in April or May. But, when we arrived Lorena only had 1 room. Not wanting to make a big issue, the four of us elected to stay elsewhere to remain together. It really was a letdown, as the place she referred us to, Mansanilla B&B, which was the same price, was really inferior.

Home away from home in Buenos Aires

by TripAdvisor Member SeanOFlynn

I know that many other travellers have already said how wonderful the owner Lorena is but I have to say it again. She is fantastic. So friendly, sweet and helpful.
We are a group of 5 from Brazil who went to Buenos Aires for a long weekend. The location is great. It is a real neighbourhood with hardly any tourists. Every evening we walked to fabulous nearby restaurants just full of local people. Transport was great to other parts of town - buses, the metro and taxis (which are very cheap). It is very close to the nightlife of Palermo Viejo. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable and the house itself has a real old-world charm. It is excellent value for money. Over the delicious breakfast we always ended up talking to the other guests as everybody sits around one large table. Great for making friends and getting tips on interesting things to do.
Buenos Aires is a fabulous city. We will all be returning as soon as we can and we will definitely stay at the Casa Palermitano if we can still get a room after all these great reviews.

What a find!

by TripAdvisor Member N-J0907

On the edge of Palermo Viejo, this affordable B&B is a real must!
The rooms are light, modern and spotless and there is fast internet access available in the lounge area. Breakfast consists of a good selection of pastries, bread and fruit - in fact it was the best we had during our 3 weeks of travel!

The owner Lorena was brilliant and helped with our every need. From reservations to recommendations, she was on hand to translate, advise and arrange. This place is a real find.....

B & B great; hosts better than that

by TripAdvisor Member zephyrr

When you book with a place that is so highly rated, you expect to be satisfied, but you might also worry that there might be some areas of dissappointment. Worry not. I'll not give much detail here: suffice to say that all the praise concerning nice rooms, terrific breakfast, other amenities, etc., is on the money. What i'd really like to emphasize is what a terrific person your host will be. Lorena gave us all the same help that other guests have mentioned; she also went way beyond that when we had a problem resolving stolen
AMT and credit cards. Moreover, she and her partner are truly nice and friendly people that we really enjoyed talking to.

Went here again

by TripAdvisor Member BelairTraveller

Casa Palermito is upstairs in an Art Deco building in Old Palermo. The area seemed safe, with tree-lined streets and within a short taxi ride to the centre and to local restaurants. Lorena is helpful and provides a computer for guests to send emails etc. The rooms have high ceilings and good bathrooms, but are reached along an outside passage which can be a little dark at times. However the breakfast is excellent and the B&B provides very good value for money.

by TripAdvisor Member GST7

Look, if you are looking for the Ritz ,this is not your place, but if you want a good bed in a friendly atmoshere at a great price, this is it. We stayed 7 pleasent nights and would stay here again.
I think the prime asset of this B&B is the owner Lorena who seems to be always cheerful and helpful above and beyond the call.

Nancy and Gary Tucker
Huntington Beach, Ca.

Good value B&B

by TripAdvisor Member sluffer

My wife and I recently stayed for three nights at the Casa Palmermatano and we felt that it offered good value for a B&B. The room we had was comfortable and spacious, although it was fairly basic and the hot water was sporadic. The owner, Lorena was very friendly and extremely helpful in assisting us in seeing the sights and attractions of BA. One very nice feature of the B&B is the availability of free hi-speed internet.
The biggest disadvantage is that the B&B is not within easy walking distance of any nice restaurant/bar areas or other attractions. It is about a half hour walk to the interesting areas of Palmero or to the metro, so to go anywhere else it is necessary to take a bus or taxi.
However overall we enjoyed our stay there and we would recommend it as a very reasonably priced place to stay.

Comments