Emilio Zola 5185, Buenos Aires, 1425GHA, Argentina

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

• dustbin's Profile Photo

Trendy Neighborhood, So-So Hotel

Unique Quality: The location was nice - a good distance from downtown BsAs if you were going to do that stuff.

Directions: Palermo, Palermo Nuevo

• ellielou's Profile Photo

MTV house....better on MTV

Che Lulu is incredibly hard to find. Our remis driver had to stop and ask directions no fewer than 4 times, that's even after we showed him where it was on a map. It's a cute guesthouse, a bit on the outskirsts of Palermo Viejo, near the railroad tracks.

Despite it's cuteness, I would NOT stay there again. We arrived during a heat wave, only to find that the place had no a/c. Also, it was cramped and crowded, although the others staying there were very nice. We had one of the two first floor rooms because they were the only ones en suite, and it was essentially a basement room...no windows, only the sliding glass front door which lead to the little courtyard. And, despite the fresh flowers daily, it was a basement.

Unique Quality: The place is young, hip, and cute.

Also, while we were there, they were filming some quaisi-reality tv show, with some Argentine supermodels. (Think Paris Hilton and Nichole Ritchie, but with even LESS talent.) If hanging around supermodels is your thing, you may get lucky. (Yeah, lucky, just like us...)

More about Che Lulu Guesthouse

Great new boutique hotels

by Porteno about Several to choose from

For those looking for accommodations a step above hostels several new places have opened that offer near hostel prices for really nice rooms. The first is the Costa Rica Hotel http://hotelcostarica.com.ar/eng/
and the next is Che LuLu http://www.luluguesthouse.com/ they also offer apartment rentals which seem to be good deals as well. Good locations, good prices and comfortable accommodations.

MTV house....better on MTV

by ellielou about Che Lulu

Watch charges for extras there. A cell phone call cost me U$S1 per minute. (Luckily I only talked for 4 minutes), and a small water (con gas) is also U$S1....es caro, no? The place is young, hip, and cute.

Trendy Neighborhood, So-So Hotel

by dustbin about Che Lulu Trendy Hotel

We spent our first stay in BsAs in this hotel. It's tucked away in the Palermo Nuevo Neighborhood in BsAs and there are a lot of nice restaurants and such around. As for the accommodations, I think we would have found better in the area. The rates are around $50 US which for BsAs is a little pricey. I would have expected a bit more than what we got. The staff was very and friendly and helpful and the breakfast in the morning was delish, but that was about it. The location was nice - a good distance from downtown BsAs if you were going to do that stuff.

can you give me info on che lulu??????

by pregunta

where is it located, is it on a nice side of Palermo????? thanks!!!!

RE: can you give me info on che lulu??????

by danayoffe

I'm guessing that che lulu is a hostel, right?
don't know where it is but all of Palermo is a nice area.

good luck
DANA

RE: RE: can you give me info on che lulu??????

by Porteno

This is what a reviewer from the NY Times said about it on 6 June, 2004
"I found Che Lulu Guest House, in a narrow cobblestoned lane near the edge of the SoHo side of Palermo that has recently been renovated by a collective of artists as a B&B. Welcomed into the spacious common living room by a stylish young innkeeper and the throb of ambient music, I settled into my little room upstairs. It didn't have a bathroom (I shared one on the hall with another room). And with a renovation going on next door it was a bit noisy during the day, but it was sunny and pleasant. At breakfast, included in the $25-a-night price, I drank coffee and ate sugary-sweet Argentine croissants, medialunas, while sharing stories with tourists from England and Germany."

So sounds OK
SAM

Palermo accomodations

by abbottsc

Hey,
Im looking for a place to stay in the Palmero area of BsAs in the mid-range price. Any suggestions. I would love to stay somwhere close to good bars/clubs/restos, thats safe.
Im thinking about staying at the Che Lulu Guesthouse. Does anyone know anything about this hotel?
Thanks
Scott

RE: Palermo accomodations

by agustiana

you have a lot of options. I don`t know this place che lulu though.
como en casa ( now it`s called casa alfaro I think)
laotra orilla
casa amarilla
and some hostels like casa jardin, casa esmeralda, giramondo...

palermo hotel

by sharkydmc

Hey friends,we are looking for a hotel in Palermo in the $60(us) range, in a walking area, can you recommend something? -thanks for any help`...dave & carla

by Maryimelda

I can recommend the Hotel President which is right at the port. See my tip on my Sicily page. Book through www.venere.com.

by loboviejo

Oi Dave & Carla,

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, perhaps you might want to stay some place a bit closer to Buenos Aires....or even Argentina!

The Hotel Paname, on Godoy Cruz 2774, is a fairly basic, but clean hotel in the Palermo area. Depending on what you like to do and see, there is more going on in the "Centro" area of BA....such as along Calle Florida, or in Puerto Madero, etc. Have a great trip!

JAC

by trexa

i was there in march and stayed at Che Lulu in the palermo dist. The staff was really helpful and the hotel was great, clean and bright with a small outdoor courtyard. There is internet access there as well. If stairs are an issue, this isn't the place for you. Great breakfast in the a.m. Hope this helps. Happy travels

Comments