Duomi Plaza Hotel

Costs 35% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Buenos Aires

Gallerias Pacifico ceilingGallerias Pacifico ceiling

BathroomBathroom

My tongue is frozen.....My tongue is frozen.....

9 steps to heaven9 steps to heaven

buying wine by glass

by mopamopa1

Is it possible to purchase good quality Argentinian wines in the restaurants by glass or one is expected to buy a bottle?

by jlanza29

Yes you can purchase wine by the glass but the bottles of wine are so cheap why not spurge ????

by cgf

if it's a matter of cost.. don't worry wine in Argentina is cheap also at reastaurants.
Sure it might happen you can buy only a glass but you may pay as a full bottle of same wine in many other restaurants.

by philsuitcasebuddy

It depends on the Restaurant. Most restaurants stock half bottles of wine which is worth considering if you don't fancy downing a whole bottle.

by loboviejo

Oi,

A lot of the smaller restaurants/cafes that serve a great lunch at a very modest price usually offer a house wine (red and white) at a few pesos a glass. (After a few sips, you won't notice the difference anyway!) Buen provecho!

JAC

by ComandanteG

Not all restaurants serve wine by glasses, and if you get one only some brands/varietals would be offered by glass. But you will find comfortable buying a whole bottle.

Argentina has really good wines and they are still very very cheap. If you really likes wines, you will enjoy. But americans like strong wines, and perhaps you should ask before ordering.

by morochaargentina

I can guarantee: you can buy a wine by the glass in every single place you go... Whether your are having a $5 USD dinner or a $150 USD one (and YES, you can have both spectrums in BA, you just need to know where to go...)
Now, that does not mean it will be "a good one" (it will be silly to assume that every place has the same offering!) Prices are usually "cheap" for food and wine, but that again depends on what you are looking for...
If you are really into AMAZING wines by the glass, I would suggest you go to "El Danzon", that offers around 40 wines by the glass, including rare ones, and they are all in the nitrogen machine.

Travel Tips for Buenos Aires

Money & ATM

by irvbur

Although ATM machines are to be found all over, the transaction is always in local currency. BE PREPARED. For example, do not go up to an ATM and think you'd like to withdraw $500 worth of local currency. You first must know the amount in pesos that $500 will buy. I always carry a currency cheat sheet when travelling. In addition to ATM transactions, it's also easier to bargain and make purchases.

For a cheat sheet go to to http://www.oanda.com/cgi/convert/cheatsheet

Hitting the ground running...or limping

by b1bob

Because I was wearing my Confederate flag shirt, I figured I would stand out like a basketball player at a midget convention. Alex wasn't there. I was immediately accosted by a bunch of people who wanted to sell me taxi service. I figured there must have been some kind of traffic jam. More time passed and I figured that some of his friends held him up with a surprise birthday party. I finally found an information desk and had the lady page him. We waited 10 more minutes and he didn't turn up. So, I gave the lady at the desk his home number. His brother Mariano told her he should be at the airport and he gave her his cell phone number so she reached him. It turns out, he was waiting for me all the time...in terminal A! He never did look at the monitor. It was a long drive back to his flat in downtown Buenos Aires.

Round about midnight, party guests started rolling in like oranges. There is one custom in Argentina I couldn't get used to for a month of Sundays- that everybody kisses each other on meeting, regardless of gender or if you even know them. I wasn't the touchy-feely sort and I'm certainly not going to let anybody, particularly a stranger, kiss me. At one point, you couldn't get into the small flat with a shoehorn. Then, somebody brought a chocolate cake his Grandma made and sang happy birthday. The plan was to go out on the town and go to a discotheque. The truth is, I felt like Atlanta must have when General Sherman's troops marched through. I doubt I could have made that plan of night clubbing after a flight even when I was 25. Before the majority of my younger friends and neighbours chalk the lack of energy up to my age, they should ask themselves if they could hit the ground running straightaway after a flight. Alex understood my need to go to bed and so did his friends. I slept great that night. I didn't get up until 10.32 the following morning. Alex tells me he came in at sunrise. I couldn't have done that.

Dog walkers

by sof76

In Buenos Aires you are going to see this kind of scenes always and everywhere, in my opinion, it is funny and cute.

En Buenos Aires van a ver este tipo de escenas siempre y por todas partes, en mi opinion es divertido y dulce!

Manzana de las luces

by anabelsousa

"Light block" is the name we know this area, and its name is in reference to the "intelectual center of the city".
This area was building when the Jesus Company (jesuitics) moves from the Plaza de Mayo in 1661. San Ignacio Church is one of the spots( the oldest one in the city), and Buenos Aires National College, the most prestigious one in Buenos Aires.(Albert Einstein did a class here)
It's possible to know the sbways tunnels constructed by the jesutics.
Here was made the first argentinian fine art exhibition.
Between:
Perú, Bolívar, Moreno, Alsina, Diagonal Sur streets.
Check tours in the website

Leather Paradise

by rebecca1980 about Calle Florida (Florida street)

We walked along florida st. many times and found great deals.

We ended up shopping at Silvia y Mario´s , a great family owned store. Great prices and designs, also they had price tag on each garment, which made us feel very confident.

Some other stores didnt carry as many items nor styles that Silvia did, and all her staff was So helpfull.

Dont loose th ewhole afternoon, as we did searching other palces, this is THE place you need to see. leather jackets, shirts, skirts!! Anything in leather you can dream of!! 200-300 uS$, for a hihgj quality custom made garment

Comments