Honduras 5860, Palermo Hollywood, Buenos Aires, 1414, Argentina

Travelocity Hotels.com Booking.com

• The Best Small In-City Hotel I Have Visited

I was looking for a first class, boutique hotel in Buenos Aires to use as a base for our family's 17 day trip to Argentina. We would be coming and going from various side trips around the country. Home Hotel certainly looked good and rated well with other travellers on the internet. It turned out to be even better than we expected. The pleasure of being a guest there began before we even arrived, due the prompt, professional and courteous email responses I had to many questions. Most were not concerning the hotel itself, but pertained to finding private guides, special events in town, airport transfers, currency conversion. All were handled with immediacy and accuracy. Once we arrived, we truly felt at 'Home'. The staff is extremely well-trained, friendly and courteous to the finest detail. They remembered our names, how we took our coffee in the morning, were on top of what our plans for the day might be. The oasis-like garden and pool was a pleasure for relaxing, the rooms pristine and comfortable (we had 2 rooms). I cannot imagine a better hotel in a big bustling city.

Unique Quality: The garden/pool/bar area was an much-needed oasis after a day spent walking the several cultural highlights and shopping areas. The staff was outstanding, and the location in Palermo Hollywood was quiet and safe. The complimentary breakfast was lovely and complete, and slightly unique each morning. The spa was a hit with my wife and daughter.

Directions: Palermo Hollywood

More about Home Hotel Buenos Aires

Without a doubt, the best hotel I've ever stayed in

by TripAdvisor Member screennameforme

Me and my boyfriend absolutely loved Home Hotel, it got everything right. It is in Palermo, the best part of BA in my opinion, it is trendy, well maintained and luxurious. The staff are the friendliest, most helpful I have ever come across and made a huge difference to our trip. The breakfasts are amazing, unfortunately it was too cold to swim but the pool looked wonderful. If I ever go back to BA I wouldn't stay anywhere else. 10/10!

Great hotel, but there are better choices

We just got back from Argentina and we stayed at the lowest end room at Bobo Hotel first, then at a Superior room at Home Hotel (the 3rd class from the bottom) and my husband and I both agreed that Bobo was much better (not to mention 50% cheaper $90 at Bobo vs $140 at Home). It's not that we had any problems at Home Hotel, but Bobo was just a lot nicer, especially the restaurant. I was shocked that our room at Home was similar in size to the smallest room at Bobo. I can't imagine the size of a std room. The breakfast at Bobo was much larger and had a bit more variety. Bobo was closer to the subway (by about 4 blocks), but they're both in good areas. We had excellent service at both hotels. We were trying to figure out why Home is so much more expensive and the only thing we could come up with is that Home has its own in-house spa (you can still get massages done at Bobo, though), plus pool. Home is still a very nice choice, but if I were to return, I would book Bobo first.

Home away from Home

by TripAdvisor Member Muzz&Krissy

My wife and I have been here for 6 days and yes as other reviewers have commented it is an Oasis within a city of motion. We did not venture out of Palermo for first couple of days as everything we wanted - shopping,great food and wine was within walking distance (with help from great staff suggestions) when we finally ventured into Florida mall etc we could not wait to get HOME well done to staff you truely have a little gem here and we would highly recommend. WE did a day trip to Igauzu which other travellers said was not enough but it is certainly possible to do the falls as a day trip including boat under falls etc and be back in time tor happy hours at HOME.

Stay at Hotel Home

by TripAdvisor Member DCMilo

Hotel Home is a fabulous little place in Palermo, one of the hipper parts of Buenos Aires. We actually stayed there twice, once for several nights when we first got to Argentina, and again for one night on our way from Mendoza back to the U.S.

During our first stay we were in a great suite on the top (4th) floor with a balcony and jacuzzi. Our second stay was in a smaller room overlooking the pool and garden in back. The rooms are modern but warm, the beds comfortable, and the food lovely.

The best part about Hotel Home is the staff. They all speak English, and are really warm and friendly. One waitress rushed out to hug us goodbye, a front-desk person sent people surrying for a small box to help us pack some art, and the owners always stopped and chatted.

There are several hip little hotels in the Palermo, and we only stayed in one of them - but that was enough. If/when we go back to Argentina we'll stay there again.

Perfect stay!

by TripAdvisor Member arooks

I just returned from a 4-night stay at Home Hotel, and I cannot complain about a single thing. The hotel is gorgeous--the rooms are charming, the bar is cool, and the pool and outdoor area are beautiful. The spa and our massages were fabulous, too--not to mention cheap at about $50 each. The staff is friendly and accomodating as well. I highly recommend this hotel!

Like being a guest in an old friend's home

by TripAdvisor Member travelinbetween

Home Hotel is like being a guest in an old friend's home. It is so comfortable, relaxed, and fun. I stayed three nights in mid-September and loved it so much I booked another night at the end of my trip. The location in the Palermo Hollywood neighborhood of BsAs could not be better. It is a nice walk to the metro stop or to loads of shops and cafes. And, it is very safe. I wish all my hotel stays were this wonderful!

Great boutique hotel

by TripAdvisor Member cyw4

Beautifully designed, Home Hotel looks like something that came out straight from a West Elm catalogue. I particularly liked the Home breakfast, which comes with two shots of fresh fruit juices, dulce de leche and butter swirl, ganache spread and citrus marmalade with your bread rolls and croissants. Excellent presentation and simply gourmet. There's an iMac in the lobby for your convenience. The staff are super helpful and speaks good English. The pool is outdoor and heated, surrounded by a beautiful garden with a fireplace. The bathroom is equiped with hairdryer and large dispensers of shampoo, conditioner, & shower gel--all no-name but quality products. There's also TV and CD player in the room. WiFi in the room avail. My only complaint is that the pillows aren't very comfortable. I woke up with a stiff neck two days in a roll. Overall highly recommended.

I'd Go Back Just For This Hotel...

by TripAdvisor Member KateKirk

If only every hotel could be like Home....where can I start? The spare-chic but exceptionally comfortable room, the faaaabulous garden resto-bar and pool, the relaxed living room with its open-to-all internet connection, the 16 rooms that mean staff know your name by the 2nd time you walk in the door, the great location in Palermo, the delicious breakfast, well-made cocktails, etc etc.

Certainly the hotel's design is sexy and the food/drink is appealing, but what made it an unprecedented experience was that it was all that -- without the snootiness that typically accompanies the boutique hotel experience. **The staff were the best I've encountered at a hotel of any size, in any large city in the world, period.** We were steered to the local parillas for truly sublime bife and malbec with a better scene and even lower prices (hard to believe) than the tourist joints, to the leather block for locals, and when I had an airline-related issue, the staff was persistent and annoyed on my behalf just as I would have been in the US. They were truly the definition of hospitality....and when we left, they all said, "Oh! I am so sad you are leaving us" and it felt like they really meant it.

My minor complaints/caveats are that this isn't a hotel for families due to the Chic Factor -- a few guests brought young children and everyone hated them...it's just too small; the rooms could probably add a few more shelves/drawers to help those who are staying for a week or so; we didn't mind that it was a 15-minute walk to the Metro, but some people might think that's an inconvenience. We were a bit nervous about our street-front room but the traffic and notoriously late-night BA revelers did not present a problem at all.

I travel frequently for business and try to always stay in the same places -- many on a monthly basis and all where I belong to frequent stay programs. I *never* get treated the way we were treated at Hotel Home as first-time guests and that says to me that they approach their business differently. I wish I could find more hotels like this in the U.S.....If you're going to BsAs, definitely pick Hotel Home and say hello to Gabriela, Tom, Patricia, Natalia and everyone else!

Comments