Hostel Sol

Hostelworld.com HostelBookers.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Buenos Aires

Evita muralEvita mural

And, more sweetsAnd, more sweets

Excellent Italian lunch :-)Excellent Italian lunch :-)

This way inThis way in

Gluten Free food in BsAs?

by jewbacca

Hello Friends!

Does anyone know about gluten free eateries in BsAs? I have heard of some places doing empanadas with rice flour...anybody have any tips?

cheers!

by bairestraveler

Hi,

Here is a article with a list of gluten free food restaurant in Buenos Aires! I didn't know they were so many!
Hope that will help you!!!

Enjoy your stay, and of you have any other question ,I will be glad to answer!

Bye!

by bairestraveler

With the link I was talking about it would better...
there it is http://www.glutenfreeguidebook.com/2008/04/14/reader-report-buenos-aires/

by jewbacca

Thank you so much!

Where,in your opinion, has the best gluten free empanadas?

by Mari85

Hi, I've been in BA for while now, with a celiac friend. She said best place is CeliGourmet.
Here's the site:
www.celigourmet.com.ar
Enjoy!

Travel Tips for Buenos Aires

Use the Locutorios the phone in your hotel room

by hekate

OK, so it is much cheaper to use the Locutorios (something like communication centres offering telephone, fax and internet services) than the phone in your hotel room.

You could find them nearly on every main street in Buenos Aires. Easy to recognise them since they have the sign shown on the picture.

These places are just great for international calls. I remmeber that I paid something like a dollar for talking 3 or 4 minutes with Bulgaria. So, I would definitly strongly recommand this option :)))

In order to make an international call you should dial 00 + country code + area code + local number which is more or less what you do when you are abroad.

FYI, the country code for Argentina is 54 and the area code for Buenos Aires is 11.

Probably you would find this site useful if you can read Spanish:
Telefonica

My last night in Buenos Aires

by b1bob

Before long, the life of the party was in the same condition as the piñata. So, we all piled into Diego's car to go to his flat. Diego made us all feel welcome by making us some coffee. Alex brought tapes of himself, Diego, and Majo in a play they recently did. The 4 of us sat on a long leather sofa and watched the 30-minute performance. I couldn't understand much of the dialogue, but at that time of morning without any sleep, I doubt I would have understood it if it were in Oxford (North Carolina) English. All I knew was that I was among 3 good friends. According to Alex, Diego is one of the most generous folks he knows. I believe it. I was no longer worried about making my bus to the airport, in fact, I was even less willing than before for this part of the excellent adventure to end. At 4.15, we left Diego's flat to stop by Alex's to pick up my black carry-on bag. I checked for my tickets, passport, and journal and we stowed it in Diego's car for the short trip to the bus stop. We got there well before the appointed time. I took pictures of the rest of the lot and had Majo take a picture of Diego, Alex, and me together.

At 5.02, the bus left the station for Buenos Aires International Airport. It was a long, lonely ride. I checked in with no problems at all. I am impressed by how easygoing security is in Buenos Aires.

Plug in

by sof76

We use 220 v, and we have all this kind of plug-ins.

Nuestra electricidad es de 220 v y tenemos todos estos tipos de tomas.

Nossa electricidade e de 220 v. e temos todas issas tomadas.

La Bond Street Gallery

by solcitom87

This Gallery called "La Bond Street" is located in Av. Santa Fe 1670 at Barrio Norte Neighborhood at 1 block from Av. Santa Fe and Av Callao.

- "La Bond" that's the way the teenagers called this gallery.

This place become popular after several tattoo and piercing stores located there.

If you want to have a tattoo or a piercing done in Buenos Aires, this is the place where you should go!

A piercing cost from $ arg 30 = u$D 10 to $arg 60 = u$D 19, and a tattoo cost from $arg 50 = u$D 15.00. So from u$d 15.00 you can have a tattoo done!

Many local famous had their tattoos done at "La Bond" like Maradona!!

You can find as well clothes shop that sell really original t-shirts and other stuffs!

This is the place where freak teenagers meet.... we called freaks those people who wear all in black, use boots, have a lot of piercings or tattoos and other weird stuffs...

Galerías Pacífico

by Constanza about Galerías Pacífico - Mall

This complex is located in an old building that belonged to Ferrocarriles Argentinos, the former Railroad Company of the State. Fortuantely, the wonderful friezes by Raúl Soldi were kept. Thus the shopping promenade is lined with artistic streaks. Its shining marble, diverse staircases and mural paintings constitute a novel and sophisticated atmosphere.

The center is home to the Centro Cultural Borges and Julio Bocca´s ballet school. There are also more than 200 stores, a number of movie theatres, and an elegant dining area with different options: from tea rooms to romantic restaurants to fast food parlors.

Comments