Cabello 3318, Buenos Aires, 1425APH, Argentina
Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Buenos Aires

Floralis GenericaFloralis Generica

Paying the fare at the machinePaying the fare at the machine

The feastThe feast

plaza Italiaplaza Italia

Spannish and Tango courses in BA

by EditaA

Would like to take Spanish (beginner) and tango courses in BA.Maybe some of you fellows have attended on some which can be recommended or otherwise I would be thankful for the information which courses is "not to go to".
Looking at one opportunity at http://www.academiabuenosaires.com/cursos_y_tarifas/curso.php?id=8. Have you comments on this?

Thanks in advance

by Porteno

The best and easiest way to learn Tango is to attend the milongas. See my travel pages here for a list of the better ones to attend.

As for Spanish you might consider a private teacher which I found to be more cost effective that the schools which can get pretty pricey for what you get. This is the best guy that I found and is an outstanding teacher http://www.spanishtutor.com.ar/ Daniel Fernandez

suerte
SAM

by EditaA

Thanks a lot for your tips. Will note the adresses of Milongas as well in my itinerary book :)

Edita

by treyond

Hi there: i go to a professor in Belgrano area who give classes the fridays at 18 hs and is a reasonable price. I talk english so you don`t have to speak spanish to learn to dance, i also can teach you some spanish. The adress is Blanco Encalada 2848 Belgrano Buenos Aires. You can emailme if you decided to come.
Here is the link of the place http://www.belgranodance.blogspot.com

Travel Tips for Buenos Aires

Take in a Tango show and eat a...

by pkhill

Take in a Tango show and eat a great steak after the show. Take an afternoon nap, no one eats until after 10:00PM The Tango and the great colors of the barrio of LaBoca.

See my trip at http://www.avana.net/~phill/index.htm

Boca Juniors : a passion for argentines!

by EmilianoCV

Boca Juniors is oneof the leader football clubs in the world. It is the football club that won more prizes in international competitions (Real Madrid from Spain, Milan from Italy and Independiente also from Argentina are the second clubs in this ranking).

It is said that more than half of argentines are funs of Boca Juniors. It is a tradition from parents to their sons! Like in my case: my father is a Boca fun, I am a Boca fun and my son Faustino is a Boca fun (since he was born!!, see the pictures).

When visiting "La Boca" do not miss the very well world know stadium of Boca Juniors, "la Bombonera". It is impressive. And if you have the chance, go and see a match between Boca and River Plate in "La Bombonera", one of the most exciting things to do in Buenos Aires.

A LADY DOG CALLED CHIQUITA

by RafaelTheSecond

Well, we have been friends for more than 10 years!!!! :)))) And I am so glad that in my last visit to San Isidro, she recognized me, and we had a great time together, she invited me for some argentinean dog food which I kindly refused...I am in a diet! :)

But we were glad to see each other, she is old now, she is a respected old dog lady which I love very much!!!

Chiquita was found in a public Dog House, I really do not know how to call it in english, but it is a place where some street dogs go, when they are caught by the City Hall.

My best friend Mariano, the First, saved her life, and she is very grateful and provided happy moments for everybody in the house!

Meeting Chiquita is more important than meeting the President of Argentina for me!

CHIQUITA YOU HAVE A FAN IN BRAZIL!

October 2nd, 2005

Uruguay - Colonia

by vtveen

Colonia del Sacramento is the full name of this Portuguese colonial town just opposite Buenos Aires on the border of the Rio de la Plata in Uruguay. An interesting destination for a day trip from Bs As, but be aware to take the fast ferry, which will take about 1 hour (the slow ferry takes about 3 hours one way!!).

Be in time at the Buquebus office/wharf at Darsena Norte, because before boarding we had to do a lot of ‘paper work’ :
- we got a boarding pass and visa at the check-in counters;
- we had to fill in a form for the Argentinean immigration service;
- we changed money at the changing booth; recommend to change money before in a bank or get your Uruguayan pesos from an ATM in Colonia; the changing booth is robbing you
- check of passports with a lot of stamps.

Just outside the harbour building in Colonia are offices of car rental companies and a Tourist Information Centre, where we got a map of Colonia. Outside the ferry area one can rent a bicycle or scooter, but we decided to discover this rather small and compact town on foot.

It is about 1 km to the historical part of the city. We entered ‘la colonia portuguesa’ through the restored Puerto de Campo (a real town gate) and just wandered around over the cobble stoned narrow streets, enjoyed the old colourful houses, the flowers, the shops and cafés. It is also possible to take a look in one of the museums. We had a lunch in one of the restaurants near the waterfront.
Afterwards we had a taxi for a couple of sights outside the centre: the small Iglesia San Benitol and the Plaza de Toros with an arena, which is not in use anymore.

Colonia (an Unesco World Heritage Site) with its pleasant pace of life was a relief after the hustle and bustle of Buenos Aires.

For information about schedules and rates see:
http://www.coloniaexpress.com/ar/ (did read some negative reviews !!)

Go to Shopping IV

by Charlin_Baby about Galeria Bond Street

Referring of the under of buenos aires, the gallery Bond Street became the point of encounter of diverse cultures. In her live together the skaters, the Gothic, the hardcore and all curious, in the most absolute one of the respects. That is the style Bond Street. In Bonds Street Gallery you can buy.....since a pair of eye-glasses to a pircing in the tongue...It is one of those places that one enters and your eyes can't see all the things in the same time.....all that you can imagine, you can buy there, hoops of all types, tatoo, shoes, clothes, etc...really is very funny...and...well...I usually go there.. For us is more expensive than others places, but....you know, for you is so cheap!

Comments