3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 31% less than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Hotel Babel

"Mi .... Bueno Babel querido"

by TripAdvisor Member horoskippie

Frank & Carla
the Netherlands

Perfect located in San Telmo, probably the best quarter in BA, breathing an atmosphere of old glory connected with celebrating and enjoying nowadays life. Especially during the long loomy evenings and the swinging Sunday flea market.
Hotel Babel is brand new renovated. Opening the frontdoor we entered a cosy warm colored lounge with bar/reception,which did us feel at home immediately.
This all was completed by a young, friendly and open minded staff,who for example arranged a reservation for us at the famous "El viejo Almacén" for a tremendous tango show just on a 10 minutes walk.
We slept like roses in our quiet, beautiful and climatized room. The quality of the beds is really high standard. The wetroom very stylish and modern.
Having breakfast in hotel Babel is starting the new day with pleasure and a good feeling. An extended choice of different kinds of bread,cheese, ham,sweets, ommelets, coffee, tea, juices and fresh fruit.
During our 3 weeks trip in Argentina and Peru we didn't met that high standard and service like in hotel Babel !

Very relaxed atmosphere

by TripAdvisor Member brenda013

I did not make a reservation, but went to Hotel Babel straight from the airport, because I read the positive comments on this website. I only stayed in Hotel babel for one night, because unfortunately the following night they were already fully booked.
The staff speaks good English and is very willing to help, give advise, call a taxi, etc.. Sitting in the lobby they kept offering me tea and coffee. There is someone present at the reception 24/7. They personally open and close the door for you every time.
The whole atmosphere in this really small hotel is very relaxed. In a positive way.
The breakfast was nice! All kinds of nice little breads and croissants, fresh juices and the staff offered everyone to make them scramble eggs.
There is free Wifi everywhere in the hotel or a computer to use on the first floor.
My room smelled a bit muffy when I came in, but with the doors open to the small patio, that problem was solved quickly.
It is a good location from where you can visit a lot of places. I recommend La Brigada for a good Argentinean stake.

Fantastic place to stay in San Telmo

by TripAdvisor Member nelly150

We were so glad that we chose Hotel Babel for our stay in BA. It has everything you could ask for plus more. Great location, great rooms, great breakfast. But the one thing that really made our stay so special were the staff at this hotel, they were so friendly and willing to help. Thank-you Juan and team for making our stay so great, cant wait to come back.
Make sure you book this hotel in advance, it's already really popular and will only get more so.

Perfect location in San Telmo

by TripAdvisor Member helenm1970

At the end of January we stayed at Hotel Babel for 5 nights and it was the perfect choice and the perfect location. This hotel has just been renovated/opened for 4 months and is a cozy hotel to stay at. The staff was very nice and helpful and they spoke very good English. The sunday market is just around the corner and there are a lot of restaurants on walking distance from this hotel. The rooms were nice and comfortable. One minus point is that we didn't have hot water every morning, so we had to call the reception almost daily so they could connect the hot water to our room. Breakfast was nice too. On the return trip to Buenos Aires we, unfortunately, could not stay at Babel because the hotel was full at that period. I would absolutely recommand this hotel to everyone!

a small diamond in a big city

excellent place to stay, safe, clean and trendy but cozy, the best staff of the world, 1000% helpful & friendly and can give u all kinds of advice, perfect english spoken, good breakfast and they do all they can do 4 u to make it a wondrful experience!!!!! travelled all over the world in lousy places and the most luxurious hotels, this one is small but sweet as a belgian chocolate , a delicacy in small hotels and they make u feel like ur staying with ur favourite relatives.... just check it out!!!!!

In the heart of San Telmo & a terrific staff

by TripAdvisor Member 4commonsense

This tastefully designed inn has a wonderful staff to accompany the atmosphere. The room was lovely, the bed comfy, and the breakfast was fantastic. This is a true gem in Buenos Aires and it is centrally located. The staff provided us with friendly, outstanding service. We would recommend this charming inn to our family and friends!

Our little nest in BA

by TripAdvisor Member Soundesigner

Babel is more than just a hotel.. as many BA hotels this little 9 rooms guesthouse is really warm and good welcoming. Staff is always helpful and smiling.
The once known as non safe area of San Telmo is mush more intimate than the stylish Palermo Soho, it has stone-paved roads and the beautiful Plaza Dorrego with its open air cafes... If you're looking for peaceful and cozy place San Telmo is the right Barrio.
Back to the hotel, we booked 2 doubles in high season (100USD each per night) and we had great time. No need to take taxi to visit Puerto Madero, Plaza de Mayo and Florida (from Soho you'd have to)..So if you're doing Sightseeing this is a good starting point (even la Boca is not far)..
Rooms are ok, very clean, bed comfortable and the bathroom is great (don't expect a 5-star). So I think there's a good value for Babel. The only thing is that only one room (maybe 2) has street-view.. All the rooms are on the little courtyard and the only "window" is the entrance door.. But it makes sense if you want to experience a true Portena house... But rmember that the friendly behaviour of the hoteliers allow you to stay in the minimal woody entrance hall, take a book from the little library and order a cool Quilmes while reading or chatting with the other guests...
Wi-Fi everywhere as well as free use of internet..

Great hotel, great location!

by TripAdvisor Member Utrecht_9

The hotel is very good located in the middle of San Telmo, near the market on Sunday. The hotel is decorated very trendy and also the staff is young and very attentive. The breakfast is superb (as we discovered also after experiencing other Argentinian breakfasts). The only reason why I did not give a 5 rating is that we had a beautiful room but without windows and the bathroom was quite small and with a lot of water after showering.

Excellent boutique hotel in quiet street just of the main San Telmo drag...

by TripAdvisor Member Jenko77

My wife and I stayed in this boutique hotel for 5 nights in early March. The hotel is located on a quiet cobbled street just off Defensa in San Telmo, around the corner from the main square and markets. There are 9 rooms, 7 of which face onto a central courtyard with tables and chairs.

There is a main lounge and bar area where guests can chill and the faboulous brekkie is served in the morning (fruit, eggs, cereal, cold meats, cheese, fresh juice etc). On the one morning after we had been out late (and a little hungover) we were offered and served breakfast in our room by the Manager, Juan. We were also offered complimentary wine one evening.

There is high speed internet usage for guests. The rooms are clean and well done. Some dont have windows however have a window letting light in above the door. The lighting options in the rooms are very good. This was fine. Beds were very comfortable and room quiet. Bathroom clean, with a funky design and great shower room that can fit two people in easily! Each room has cable TV with extensive channels...

Our stay was made even more enjoyable by the wonderful staff (who spoke excellent English) and who were very knoweldgable about what to do in BA - restaurants, markets, bars etc... Nothing was any trouble... After our fifth night they kindly let us check out late as there was no other booking that evening and we had a late bus to catch...

If we had to be picky then there were two things that could be addressed: one was that the TV had a dodgy volume limit on it (which I know they are getting changed - those who stay will see what I mean) and the second is that sometimes when people smoked in the courtyard; if the door of your room was left open some smoke may drift in... Minor points really but well done guys on a great hotel with exceptional service... we will definitely stay back here on a return trip to BA....

Thanks TRIP ADVISOR for the info.

by TripAdvisor Member Bexx802

I needed a place to stay on my final night in Argentina and thought about San Telmo. In this Barrio you get the full flavor of Buenos Aries, both charming and rough around the edges but full of character and culture.

The hotel is new and had several reviews ... all very positive...so I booked a room and had a great ending to my vacation. The room was amazing, very comfortable bed, climate control, nice TV, small desk, beautiful bath room...etc etc. The lobby is very comfortable and there is also a center court yard which all the room open to. A contemporary twist surrounded by historic buildings. Food, bars, plazas, and shopping are minutes if not seconds away. The staff is very friendly and super knowledgeable of the area. A great comfortable stay!!!!!

Vicente López - Av. MaipúVicente López - Av. Maipú

The Incredible Wine & FoodThe Incredible Wine & Food

Big BeefBig Beef

Casa RosadaCasa Rosada

Fibertel

by cgf

I don't live in Buenos Aires for long during the year, but I'd like having a fast xdl connection there without wasting my money. As some relatives of mine are living two blocks far, I thought to make an air-brigde (wi-fi) between as both apartments see each other and it should be not a problem... today, who knows in future? a big house would be build in the middle (nothing easier in BA).

I thought about fibertel as I got cablevision in my apartment like my relatives have in their one and when my wife and I were in BA, they don't need having internet, but could I take the modem/router from my apartment and take it to their when we are leaving?

will it work?

thanks

p.s. Sure, I could ask to my relatives, but I better don't otherwise I'll have xdsl in my apartment and they pay for it.... very kind from them, but I don't want.

It's possible...
I thought it was as is not a phone-wired connection... I just was not sure...
thanks to Martha

by Porteno

Unless your relatives have high speed access from Fibertel then NO just having the router and modem will not allow them to access the internet. You might see if you can find a WiFi router that is powerful enough to get the signal to your relatives place but then my experience with Fibertel has been that my WiFi loses connection on a fairly regular basis which means I have to reboot the modem and router. So unless your relatives have easy access to your apartment then might not be so practical even if you can find a router that will get the signal to them.

suerte
SAM

by ComandanteG

Fibertel will be wired to a house (yours or your relatives) and you could not move the router since it will be wired.

If you connet it in your relatives house, you may use it wireless (of wave arrives to your home), but you will surely experience shutdowns and you will need to call your relatives to put internet into service again. After some time your relatives will get boring to do that...

There are some wireless services from Claro, Personal, or Movicom with a special modem, but it provides (I believe) just a limited amount of traffic and then the service automatically goes down to 128K.

You may attach it to your PC and then when you go out you may lay the modem to your relatives.

Perhaps the Arnet Go is your best approach, it combines a High Speed ADSL conection with a wireless router and a 3G conection (with same limitation to traffic as the others.

I see...
you both are saying "if they have access to Fibertel"... as far I know, Fibertel uses the same cable of cablevision and we both have it in our apartments.... that's why (I might have been not clear before) I thought it was possible...
beside I did call Fibertel and I spoke to an operator (Martha) and she said it was possible, she wanted to make an appointment shortly...
she might have misunderstood what I've been asking for or she just wanted to sell.

Thanks for answer, I'll keep this topic update, cheers :-)

by Porteno

Unless your inlaws have ordered high speed internet service on their cable from Fibertel then they cannot access the internet with your modem. It takes more than a modem to get connected. If all it too was a modem then no one would pay them for internet service :). As I said before, if you can find a wifi that is powerful enough to transmit to your inlaws then they would be able to pick it up if their computer was wifi capable. But again with Fibertel the service tends to go on and off which would mean your inlaws would need access to your apartment to reboot the modem and wifi router. Hope this clears your question.
Sam