Hotel Goya Buenos Aires

Satisfaction Average

More about Buenos Aires

ParrillonsParrillons

Ant, Rob, Liz & RichAnt, Rob, Liz & Rich

Opera Bay in Puerto Madero, Buenos AiresOpera Bay in Puerto Madero, Buenos Aires

homeless ppl in a bus near Congresohomeless ppl in a bus near Congreso

recoleta

by ozheidi

looking to book apartment in recoleta which is arenales and libertad.do you know if ok area

by Porteno

Yes it is a nice area, will be a bit noisy due to traffic so make sure your flat is either on a high floor or facing away from the street.

suerte
SAM

by ozheidi

No, the unit is the bottom floor so thanks for the reply.Decided against that thanks to your comment.There is another apartment on santa fe & anchorage very modern apartment on the 13th floor,you think better???

by treyond

Very good area, one of the best.

by Porteno

Are you sure the street is Anchorage? That is not a street I know.

Sam

by Porteno

Would you be referring to Anchorena ?

sorry anchorena,but its actually on santa fe 13 floor

by Porteno

Sante Fe is a very busy street but on the 13th floor you should be ok. I would assume the bedroom is in the rear of the apartment.

Sam

Travel Tips for Buenos Aires

Cost of Living

by barryg23

The cost of living in Buenos Aires was a pleasant surprise and seemed very low compared to Europe, and especially to Britain and Ireland where I've lived most of my life.

As BA was the first stop on our year long trip to South America we were fairly strict about our budget, and planned to eat mostly in our hostel, but with such quality food at an affordable price in the restaurants, we inevitably ate out more than planned. And why not when you can get the best steak you've ever tasted and a nice bottle of wine for less than 10 Euro!

We couldn't help but notice the house prices too. After 4 years working in London we just had about enough for a deposit on a house. Here you get far bigger flats and houses for about 1/10th the price.

Argentina's government devalued the currency in 2001, meaning that Argentina is one of the best value destinations for visitors. Inflation is supposedly running high, but most visitors will find BA good value, with a very high quality to price ratio.

YPF (Yacimientos Petrol?feros Fiscales)

by la_beba

It's like our 7Eleven here in the U.S. but nicer....
gas station, some of them offer car wash, convenient store and restaurant.
They are everywhere you drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
for almost all your needs on the road or around town.

RAFAEL MUSEUM - LA VUELTA DE ROCHA - MAY 1995

by RafaelTheSecond

When I was there last september I did try to look for this bar, but could not find it, maybe next time..but that bar is funny because the walls are covered by bank notes from all over the world. the owners ask you to write a message for Buenos Aires and leave your money on the wall as a souvenir!

Andrei and I left our CRUZEIROS there..In that time, 10 years ago, we did not have the modern REAIS.

Retiro train station. I...

by mannymiami

Retiro train station. I myself love those old grand train stations and I recommend for train lovers to checkout the central train station that was built by the British. It is the only train station in South America with a very grand european style. It reminds me of those grand gards in Paris.

Cabildo Avenue: budget shopping

by sabrina_florida

This is my favourite place to shop. For us locals it's not that cheap, but it is for the tourists.
Most of the shops are for women, and there are some unknown brands as well as famous ones. You'll know which is which because of the prices.
The best brand is COMPLOT (On Cabildo Ave. between Juramento and Mendoza streets). Do visit it, 'cos I'm sure you'll like it unless you dress too plainly. Another good one is MATERIA, on the same block as Complot. Mostly clothes, but also shoes, accesories, underwear and things for the house.

Comments