Kempinski Chateau Park Plaza Hotel

Dabs's Profile Photo

Boutique Hotel In Recoleta

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 2, 2006

We were supposed to stay at the Kempinski Park Central near the Obelisk and several subte lines but when we arrived they were either overbooked or were having maintenance problems and they sent us over to the Kempinski Park Chateau in the posh Recoleta neighborhood. We should have asked to switch back to the original hotel, although this hotel was convenient to Recoleta Cemetery, it was located in a quiet residential area and wasn't convenient to much else (including the subte), we spent an extra 15 minutes walking each direction every time we left our hotel, most people will find that they need to use taxis. The reception desk at the Park Central said this was a nicer hotel but as they were evenly priced, I suspect that they were of similar quality.

Even though we were on a quiet side street, we never felt unsafe returning to our hotel late at night.

Unique Quality: I'd give this hotel an A for it's rooms, our room was nicely decorated with warm colors, a comfortable bed, cable TV, minibar, air conditioning. Our room was not on the street side so it was very quiet at night, another couple we met said the street side rooms could be a little noisy. Electrical outlets had slanted slots like the ones on my Australian adapter, fortunately the TV was plugged into an adapter so I could charge my camera battery.

The bathroom was also nicely decorated, there was a hair dryer, soft towels, toiletries were just soap, shampoo and lotion. Plenty of hot water for showers.

Breakfast is included in the rate, included eggs, sausage, pastries, cereal, fruit, meat, bread, juice and the breakfast room is right past the lobby of the hotel. It wasn't as good as the other two hotels we stayed at on this trip but it was adequate.

Negatives-the small 2 person elevator was rarely available so we ended up walking up 2 flights to our room every time. Not a big deal but they also used the stairs for laundry and room service so you were walking by this stuff every day.

The front desk made us a reservation for a tango show but they mixed us up with another couple. They got us a taxi but we ended up with the worst seats in the house. And the show, which they recommended, wasn't very good. All in all, the hotel staff did not impress me.

Directions: Recoleta, Talcahuano between Arenales and Juncal

xantylaol's Profile Photo

Don't wanna go here again...

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 6, 2006

I stayed a total of four nights at this hotel. It is centrally located in the city and has a quite good standard and there's little traffic noise to be bothered with. I found the croissants they serve for breakfast to be surprisingly good - many bakers don't get them right - but these ones are absolutely great! The staff was friendly and forthcoming.
However, I stayed there for two nights - travelled somewhere else - and returned for another two nights. When I left the first time, they charged me for a beer from the minibar I hadn't been drinking. I said, whatever, I don't feel like arguing about one beer so I'll pay for it - but I didn't have this beer. When I returned for the second part of my stay at the hotel, the hotel manager met me and told me that they had made a mistake and that she apologized for the error of charging me for the beer incorrectly. I said okay, fine, it happens.
But they had closed the minibar in my new room prohibiting me from using it, and I asked them to please unlock it so I could use it. They doubtfully agreed to that. The last night I stayed there, they had entered the room for the sole purpose of closing the minibar again and slipped a note under the door to explain that this was done on a routine basis or something like that. This made me feel like they treated my like a thief. I payed for the beer I hadn't been drinking, the hotel manager apologizes this but does not pay the money back, and then they shut the minibar. Freaking idiotic customer management by the hotel manager!

If you want a good hotel in Buenos Aires where they make their customers feel like their welcome - try the Four Seasons, the Alvear Palace, the Marriott Plaza or maybe the Hilton. The Kempinski Park Chateau makes you feel like you pay for a five star hotel (it's 144 US$ a day minimum) only you are there to please the manager - they are not there to please you. That's not what I'm paying for.
I would like to repeat though that I found the rest of the staff to be friendly.

Unique Quality: A hotel manager that pisses you off!

Directions: Centrally located in Recoletta

Nearby Kempinski Chateau Park Plaza Hotel

Kempinski Chateau Park Plaza Hotel

• Kempinski Hotel Park Chateau Buenos Aires
  • Hotel Park Chateau Unique
  • Park Chateau Unique Buenos Aires

Address: Talcahuano 1253, Buenos Aires, Capital Federal District, 1014ADA, Argentina

3 Photos of Kempinski Chateau Park Plaza Hotel

• Continental Breakfast
  • Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge

Buenos Aires Travel Forum

Need advice about Buenos Aires, Argentina? Visit the Travel Forum for Buenos Aires and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Buenos Aires hotel reviews

To/From Uruguay = A/Desde Uruguay
Long Distance Buses
Kisses
Local Customs
Opera Bay - (Used to be El Divino)
Regarding Food
Antiques
Casinos
Local Eating
Restaurants
Buenos Aires News (Now it's Crobar)
Asia de Cuba
El Establo
Restaurants
Plaza de Mayo, Goverment House, el Cabildo The Cathedral, etc.
Protests