La Otra Orilla

Everyone's eatingEveryone's eating

Casa RosadaCasa Rosada

Hotels in Palermo?

by darkstar25

Does anyone know of any decent hotels in Palermo? I hear 5 Cool Rooms, Malabia House and La Otra Orilla are ok but am looking for more options. I couldn't find the Bo Bo Hotel's URL. If anyone has this as well, I would be very appreciative. Thanks!

Joe

Hip/Trendy/Affordable Hotels in Palermo?

by darkstar25

Hi VT! My wife and I are traveling to Buenos Aires in March. We are looking for a hip/trendy/affordable hotel in Palermo. Is this possible to find? We'll be there for 6 nights. Is it better to just rent an apartment in Palermo? We would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Thank you so much!

Joe Oliveri
Chicago, USA

RE: Hip/Trendy/Affordable Hotels in Palermo?

by Razmataac

I've also been looking at apatments in Palermo and have been shocked at how much 200-300 usd a week get you. Some of the flats listed on the sites look rally cool!

The obvious designer hotel choice in Palermo would be Malabia House. Bo-Bo and La Otra Orilla also look well trendy if not affordable.

RE: RE: Hip/Trendy/Affordable Hotels in Palermo?

by elgaucho

The best choice in Palermo Viejo is Costa Petit Hotel. It only has 4 rooms. The best rooms are the to large suites. It is expensive for the area (around 220 US for the large rooms). One of the owners is a decorator and the other is a furniture restorer and the decor reflects that. Hotel has a small pool and great service.

5 Cool Rooms is another great choice. Around 110 for the medium sized rooms (the also have large, which are very nice, and small, which are miniscule). They give a discount for cash. Pretty, hip space. Just two blocks from the main plaza in Palermo. Hotel has a jacuzzi.

Hotels in Palermo?

Joe

RE: Hotels in Palermo?

by Razmataac

RE: RE: Hotels in Palermo?

by elgaucho

I stayed at 5 Cool Rooms recently, and stayed in all three of their room types. The "medium" room is small, but well-appointed and nice. The "small" room is tiny. The "large" room is a good size. Overall, we enjoyed our stay there. The staff was very nice, and the hotel is exceptionally well-located. They give a discount if you pay in cash.

We also stayed at the Costa Petit Hotel a few blocks away. It was much, much nicer and much more expensive. With only 4 rooms, it isn't easy to get into, but worth it if the budget allows (especially the big suite). I would always stay in a big suite at Costa Petit Hotel every time, assuming I had the $.

The SoHo Suites Hotel is a bigger, non-boutique hotel a few doors down from 5 Cool Rooms. Seems nice enough, though less charming than other options.

Home Hotel is supposed to be very nice. But it isn't quite as well-located as 5 Cool Rooms and SoHo Suites, or even, I believe, Costa Petit. Home was our first choice after reading about it in Conde Nast Traveller and elsewhere but we couldn't get a room. Customer service while trying to make arrangements was a bit annoying, but they seemed nice enough.

RE: RE: Hotels in Palermo?

by texasdago

We've only stayed at the Bobo and we loved it. I would strongly recommend it.

Travel Tips for Buenos Aires

A Normal City Street

by Bwana_Brown

Even without seeing anything of great importance, it was a pleasure to just walk along the average everyday streets of Buenos Aires.

Warm temperatures, the sun shining, the hustle and bustle of everyday life in a large city with all it's attendant smells and noises and, let's not forget, the (for us) completely different Spanish culture! After all, that is what travelling is all about or, as the French would say, 'Vive la difference!'

We thoroughly enjoyed Buenos Aires - what more can I say?

just one word: T A N G O!

by tini58de

Buenos Aires generates tango, thanks to Buenos Aires scenery. Tango recreates Buenos Aires every day. Buenos Aires with its strange identity, difficult to understand and deny: "the Buenos Aires people identity", a mixture and derivation of tango.

Probably, tango had been a hideous fertilization, something in between pampa and city, criollos* and inmigrants. Such a mixture gave rise to a dance, a piece of music, a way to move around in the world. The so called Tango was born in Buenos Aires, in the Piver Plate.

A human scenery: the Buenos Aires people, the Riverplates, the Argentines. A piece of music, a dance, a poetry, a way of living. A place, a city scenery that lulls to sleep and finds them. Buenos Aires and the Tango.

from the website: http://www.buenosairestango.com/

don't miss this fabulous page - lyrics, information and music!

Tigre - relax your pace from the city

by soflee

I didn't take the local ferry around the neighborhood, which the tourist office senorita told me it'd take 3 hours round trip. Given that I got there pretty late - around 2pm, I decided to take the large tour boat and just relax. It was not bad as the weather was excellent and it was on weekday, which I believe most crowds were here on weekends.

Gourmet Food Shop

by Sonador3 about La Fondue

If you're looking for a place to shop for gourmet food items, then this is the place. Located in Palermo Chico, I used to stop by this little shop to pick up items I couldn't otherwise find in a grocery store or kiosko. I always pick up a hunk of Argentinian Parmesan, which give anything available in Parma a run for its money. Also available are a great selection of fresh and aged cheeses, sausages and ham and great vartiety of wines. And the prices seem to be quite reasonable

hip bar

by ncoutroulis about Gran Bar Danzon

Bar Danzon is like a hip New York bar, in the center of B.A. It's modern, dark, and cool. It reminds of me of the 10th street lounge in NYC. It's a great place to go to hangout and meet people, and have some appetizers.

Comments