Livin Residence

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 45% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Buenos Aires

Recoleta MausoleumsRecoleta Mausoleums

My cafe con lecheMy cafe con leche

Galeria Mitre - now Falabella store, Florida 343Galeria Mitre - now Falabella store, Florida 343

9 de julio avenue9 de julio avenue

Stay in Buenos Aires

by rjeubanks

We are traveling to Buenos Aires and will arrive on January 29th. The length of time we can stay will depend on if our daughter can get her prescription medicine refilled there. Her doctor in Canada will only give her a prescription for a limited amount so if it is not available we will be limited in our stay. She has thyroid problems and has to take desiccated thyroid (natural not synthetic) Some brand names are Armour, Naturethoid, Westhroid and Qualitest. She will have a prescription with her but the stuff is not too common. Could somebody please call a pharmacy/botique and see if they have it. We would really appreciate it.

Thank you very much, Robert, Susan & Karen

Re: Stay in Buenos Aires

by puppis

Those brand names are not selled here. I also have thyroid problems and take the synthetic drug; in the past both versions were sold, I dont know in the present but I will ask the pharmacy in my neighbour.

Re: Stay in Buenos Aires

by puppis

Hi Robert and Susan:

this is what I found: the prescription given to you by your doctor is not valid here. In the past, the desiccated thyroid was sold without prescription here, but now it is not sold in any way, only synthetic is found.
BUT, there are some pharmacies which can prepare what are called "recetas magistrales", that is medical products prepared only by order. 24- or 48 hs is enough for them to prepare most orders. One of those pharmacies is this one:
Farmacias y perfumerias Rp,
Carlos Pelegrini Str.number 423, phone number 4322-2888, in downtown.

You should go with your prescription to a local doctor here, and he will transcribe it so it can be accepted by a local pharmacy. But first, call to the pharmacy to know if they still have the dessicated thyrod, because it is a not usual thing to have these days.
Better ask her doctor to let you buy a good amount of pills. If this is an option, take the pills with the envelope and the medical order justifying them, just in case. Hope it was useful. Have fun.

Travel Tips for Buenos Aires

Internet cafe/phone access

by Dabs

We only had one occasion that we needed to use an internet cafe, we saw one at the Galerias Pacifico shopping mall (Cordoba and Florida), down near the food court. Just 2 pesos an hour, the connection was a little slow but fine for our needs.

We then decided to call my mother in law, it was my husband's birthday and she had given us a hard time because we never call her while on vacation. We only talked for about 2 minutes and it was 1.95 pesos, the connection was pretty crappy and I could barely hear her. But now she can't claim we are too cheap to call LOL

The National Sport

by JessieLang

The official 'National Sport of Argentina' is Pato! I would have expected it to be soccer (they are fanatics) but I learned otherwise. Pato (duck) is played by the gauchos. It is played on horseback, and evidently it is something like polo without the sticks. It is played with a leather ball now, but originally it was a duck in a bag.

Futbol tours in Buenos Aires

by lucasworld

I was told that watching a football game was something hot in Buenos Aires but i`ve never imagined that it was such a big thing.
As i didn´t want to miss the game i booked with Tangol (http://www.tangol.com/esp/futbolargentino.aspx) a travel agency that runs futbol experience tours ( i got their contact from the Lonely Planet guidebook) they picked me up from my hotel and took me in a van to the stadium with a group of other 11 guys. The guide was the first cool thing, his name is Gonzalo and he told us about the players, stadium, history and the songs wich are amazing. One´s in the stadium i couldn´t belive that 40 thousend people where singing non stop the hole game:) I finished my memory stick in the camera recording the hooligans singing...lovely.
The game was good but the atmosphere was the unique. We all jumped in our seats, sang the songs and get to talk with the Argentinians seating around us that were crazy about their club.
I finished liking River Plate because Ortega, the national team player has something that makes you love their club.
I really think everybody shoul watch a game in BA.
You can trust these people! And Gonzalo is a great guide..i still keep contact with him on facebook. Don´t bring valuables like big cameras, passport or money i just went with a fotocopy of my passport, some cash on my pocket. Look like them not like a turist in safari...:)

EMBAJADA DE FRANCIA

by mtncorg

The US, German and UK embassies are all housed in dreary, dull office buildings, but the French – like the Brazilians, Peruvians, Spanish – utilize the buildings of a past portena period where fortunes were spent – and then dissipated – on magnificent houses. This was originally the house of Ortiz Basualdo and was acquired by France in 1939. It is also located at the northern terminus of Avenida 9 de Julio, making it very easy to find.

Electronic music

by solcitom87 about PERU BEACH

I went there with some friends.

You have to be at least 18th years old, they might ask you for your I.D to confirm your age.

Entrance ticket $Arg 20.00 including a drink like: Gancia, cuba libre, tequila, destornillador...

Dinner up to 23.00 pm (no idea about the price)

Dancing up to 5.00 pm ( only electronic music) no flip-flops (even is summer here)

no shorts for men

no dirty or tore clothes!

Comments