Buenos Aires Hotels

Our Members Say

• cjg1 profile photo cjg1
  • Reviews: 5415

Rent an Apartment: Better than a hotel

I have rented apartments from BYTArgentina several times. I have been very happy with them so far and always continue to be impressed with the service provided by this site. The prices are still fairly reasonable and compared to a hotel a SUPER bargain.

My last rental was located in the Congresso section of Buenos Aires. We saw the listing pictures and Liz immediately wanted it. The apartment was in an old but well kept elevator building. Our apartment was on the thrid floor of the building. The apartment was massive with two levels. Upon entering there was a huge marble floor foyer with a large chandelier, gold mirror, table and several wall accents. The ceilings were so large It was the first thing I noticed.

The first room on the right was the gym with an excercise bike, treadmill, weight machine and a pull up bar. A terrace balcony was also off of this gym room. The second room was the large living room. The living room had Louis XIV style furnishings with two large couches, chairs, tables and accents. The chandelier in this room was unceliveable with large sparkling crystals. Through a sliding wooden door we walked into the large dining room. The dining room was decorated in gold and red with a huge dining table in the center. French doors opened up to a large terrace that spaned the entire length of the first floor. Down the marble hallway was a nice eat in kitchen with a table and the basic kitchen appliances.

On this first level were two full bathrooms, a study and two bedrooms. Each bedroom and the study had french doors opened out onto the terrace. The first bedroom was where Rob stayed. It was a nice size with a queen bed, chair, dresser and armoire. His bathroom was a nice size with a shower stall, sink and toilet. The master bedroom was huge with blue accents, armoire, dressers, ottoman, chairs and the TV. Our master bath was beautiful with a full jacuzzi tub, shower stall, double sink and toilet. The study was located between the master bedroom and the guest bedroom. The study was filled with antiques and beautiful wall hangings. There was a desk, bookcase, lamp and phone. At the end of the hall there was a staircase to the second level of the apartment. Once up the stairs, there was a nice sitting area with a couch. Inside the door was the third bathroom with shower stall and the third bedroom. The third bedroom was two twin beds, an armoire, dresser and a chair.

The apartment was huge and beautiful; the location was also good for our needs. It was a great place to stay and to host several parties thoughout our vacation.

It was a much cheaper and more comfortable experience than staying in a hotel. Renting an apartment affords me the feeling of living here. I make myself a part of the neighborhood while I am here. Meeting the same girl in the bakery every morning. The local bartenders saying hello as I walk by even if I'm not coming inside now. Things like that that normally don't happen while staying in a hotel. There is a down side to this though as in all my trips here I still have a LOT of BsAs to see. Just that I'm so happy just being here in "my" neighborhood that I am a little reluctant to leave.

• Related to: Architecture, Historical Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written March 21, 2005

Incredible Living Room

• Sonador3 profile photo Sonador3
  • Reviews: 170

Sofia's Apartment: Cozy Apartment

No, this isn't a joke. You can actually rent a beautiful, small, cozy apartment right in the heart of Palermo Chico for about $300 per month. I stayed here, and my stay was great. My plane arrived late, but Sofia was patiently waiting at the apartment with the keys and a smile. The apartment was in tip-top shape and had everything I needed. A comfortable bed with clean linens, including bath towels, etc. Roomy sitting area, a large color TV with cable, clean bathroom and a fully functional kitchen. She also left a list of activities to do including important numbers and was always available to me to assist me during my stay and answer any questions I had, no matter how silly. She also has some kind of magic powers that allowed us to get a table right away at Des Nivel, no matter how busy they were. And her sister Coty can come through with the sweet VIP passes at the MINT nightclub. Props to you two!!!

You can write to Sofia for specifics in terms of current prices and availability at sof76@vtmail.com

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Budget Travel, Business Travel
  • Written May 24, 2004

Sofies Place

• lkdahl profile photo lkdahl
  • Reviews: 98

Anywhere in Recoleta: Avoid the hotels rent an apartment

I rented an apartment 6 blocks from Recoleta Village.
It was a new, very clean apartment with security guard on duty in the day, daily maid service and one of the local restaurants delivered breakfast every morning.

I found the apartment through a website that rents apartments to tourists or business people for short stays, a week or longer.

These are the services I received with the premium package.

Airport pickup by remis
Wireless internet(computer not included)
Breakfast delivered daily by a local restaurant
Daily maid service
Free access to local health club
Mobile phone(need to purchase phone cards)
Security guard on duty during daytime
Maid would also pick up/drop off laundry for additional fee.

• Written October 16, 2004

• barryg23 profile photo barryg23
  • Reviews: 2896

Garden House Hostel

For our first 10 nights in Buenos Aires, we stayed in Garden House hostel, a very friendly place in the San Telmo district. The people running the hostel are very welcoming and we were sorry to leave the hostel at the end as it was really starting to feel like home. We met some great people at Garden House, many of whom had already travelled to places we had yet to see in Argentina and South America, so it was very helpful for our trip planning.

The hostel has 2 dorms and six twin/private rooms. None of the rooms are ensuite though there are toilets on each floor and they are kept very clean. Breakfast is included in the price of the room and the hostel also organises weekly pizza nights and asados (barbecues), which are a good way to meet other people. The kitchen is free to use as is the computer, while the hostel can organise activities like tango lessons, Spanish classes or football trips.

The location in the beautiful San Telmo neighbourhood is good, though it´s on the west side of Avenido 9 July which means the main sights of San Telmo are about 10 minutes walk away. However, the area is safe and there are supermarkets, shops, bars and restaurants nearby. I´d strongly recommend Garden House to anyone looking for a cheap, reliable and friendly place to stay in BA.

• Written September 12, 2007

Ruth relaxing in Garden House

• Sonador3 profile photo Sonador3
  • Reviews: 170

Anchorena Apart-Hotel: Nice Apart-Hotel

I've stayed here twice, and both times I had a generally positive experience. The hotel is clean and with a friendly staff. The price is excellent for what you get and the location was perfect for me. The only downside to staying here is that twice a week they have a rather loud "swinger party" in the 5th floor bar. What that means, other than the obvious, is that no matter what floor you stay on, you'll hear the rather loud bass until 4am. Unless you get hammered, forget about sleeping on those 2 days. Since nightlife starts very late in Buenos Aires, I just planned my evening out to coincide with these parties.

All in all it was quite hilarious; I'd straggle home drunk at 4am, and the couples would be filtering out and crossing the street to check into the "no-tell hotel". What a scene.

Cheap for the amenities and location. Clean rooms, nice little pool and roof-top sundeck. Exceptionally friendly staff. Cable TV, 3x weekly maid service, kitchenette w/fridge, etc.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Historical Travel, Study Abroad

1 with shower and bath

KITCHEN
Equipped

VIEW
To the out side of the building

Details:
Refrigerator with Freezer - Cable TV - Toaster - Microwave - Ceiling-fan - Heating -Coffeemaker - Audio equipment - Linen and towels - Utensils - Balcony

The prices include:
Electricity.
Gas.
Common expenses.
Water.
Municipal taxes.
Telephone with control line for local calls - limited-.

Near to:
Subway, Bus Stop, Gym, Fitness Center, Restaurants / Pubs, Irish Bar, Market, Laundry, Parking, Internet Access, Church, Cinema, etc.

Bus Stop:
5-15-26-36-42-55-65-86-88-112-132-141

Subway Station:
Line "A" (Station - Acoyte)

• Related to: Women's Travel, Work Abroad, Study Abroad
  • Written July 24, 2004

My Apartment

• spidermiss profile photo spidermiss
  • Reviews: 1280

Hostel Inn: Buenos Aires Premium Hostel

I stayed in the Hostel Inn on the last leg of my BA stay (in February 2010) and also my first leg of my BA stay (in January 2011). It's quite close to the heart of San Telmo and near Puerto Madero barrio.

There are dorms and private rooms. I stayed in a private room with air conditioning. If you struggle with the heat and humidity, the rooms are perfect to sought respite after a long day of sightseeing!

Breakfast is included in the rate. The staff can also organise tours and onward travel arrangements. There is a kitchen and rest room areas where you can prepare meals and relax. On the top floor, you can able to sit out on the rooftop terrace and look out to the city's skyline.

This is a Hostel International Affilated Hostel where as a member you can get discounted accommodation rates.

I love the historic and bohemian feel to the hostel.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written July 12, 2010
Tip Photo

Hostel Inn (Inside my double room - February 2010)

• DPando profile photo DPando
  • Reviews: 1426

The hostel-inn: HOSTELS

Buenos Aires is full of economic place where to sleep ... i pass by San Telmo and i saw a cosy youth hostel in one of the best neighbourhoods to spend some days in the city...its called Buenos Aires hostel-inn. The fare is around 6 euros per night with all kind of facilities, the location is closer to the blue line subte that cross the city from south to Northand its 15 blocks southwards from the obelisc but easily you reach it by subway

I will go there next time !!

you can also seek hostels in :
www.bugeurope.com looking in hostel reviews

• Written April 27, 2006

San Telmo quarter

• vtveen profile photo vtveen
  • Reviews: 1536

Lo de Costa Bed & Breakfast: we really felt at home

If possible/available we do like to stay in a ‘Bed and Breakfast’, because in general you do have more contact with the local people, talking about the way of living, culture, receiving tourist information. And the hosts will help you with problems you may sometimes have.

In Buenos Aires we found through the internet between 10 and 20 B&B’s and after a lot of e-mailing and reading information, we decided to stay at ‘Lo de Costa Bed & Breakfast’. The main reason was the location, while it is located in Vicente López, a green and quiet neighbourhood outside the hustle and bustle of downtown Bs As, which is still easy accessible by taxi, bus or train. You need about 30 minutes to Retiro Station (a walk to the train station of Vicente López and a train ride).

We never regretted staying with Gloria and Eduardo, our hosts. Especially Gloria did help us a lot due to a strike of pilots in Argentina during our first visit. We couldn’t have wished a better start of our days in Argentina. It was just perfect (reason why we came back - of course - during our second visit).

We stayed in the 'Flowers Room' as well in the 'Birds Room': both spacious and overlooking the garden with access to a huge balcony, private bathroom. Lo de Costa has also a swimming pool, a garden and day rooms to read a book, to look TV or to listen to music.

It is possible to have dinner together with the family. We were too lazy to find a restaurant after a tiring day (trip) and are looking back on great evenings. Often starting with a glass of wine, a chat and finishing with a fantastic dinner !!

We came as guests and did leave as friends !!

• Written August 12, 2006

Lo de Costa Bed & Breakfast

• fachd profile photo fachd
  • Reviews: 600

Room with balcony: Good location

We like Claridge because the location is central, walking distance to major attractions of BA, plenty of cafe/restaurants nearby, pacfico plaza. Friendly service, clean room, good buffet breakfast.

There is no unique qualities.

• Written August 4, 2007

Claridge Hotel

• xaver profile photo xaver
  • Reviews: 1222

Terrazas de Uriarte apartaments: Nice apartament

When I got back from Patagonia, I wanted to stay in a different area of the city so I didn't chose the apartaments in Recoleta but tried Palermo soho. This apartament was brand new and very nicely furnished. You have free wi-fi and free local calls with a cellular here. The apartament gets cleaned every 3 days, if you want it to be cleaned every day there is an extra of 15 dollars to pay, I didn't as, anyway they provided towels for 3 days.
Breakfast here is not included. What I did not like of my choice was the area, absolutely safe and quiet, yes may be too quiet as, after 9 pm, everything was closed.
Price was 58€ per day.

• Related to: Singles
  • Written April 28, 2013

apartament

• mircaskirca profile photo mircaskirca
  • Reviews: 1091

Apartments for Rent - ByT Argentina

I found ByT Argentina on the internet while browsing for a place to stay during my visit of Buenos Aires. It's an agency that offers furnished apartments for rent in Buenos Aires - well worth if you are staying in the city for more than seven days. As with most capitals, hotels are expensive here and you get greater freedom having your own place, as well as it being more cost affective.

In 1998 ByT Argentina was the first company established that would rent fully furnished apartments in Buenos Aires. Today it is the largest company, offering over 1500 apartments in the most elegant neighbourhoods, as Recoleta, Palermo, Puerto Madero, San Telmo and others. All of the apartments have been visited in person by a member of ByT who has decided on the incorporation of each property and taken photos, which are posted on their site. The majority of the apartments are rented for a minimum stay of one week. When specially indicated, some of them have minimum rental periods of one or more months.

You can call them Mon-Fri from 9am-7pm.

When I saw the pictures of this little apartment I immediatelly fell in love with it. An additional benefit was its location on a quiet street of Recoleta and this is just where I wanted to stay.

This arty apartment consists of a small but nicely furnished room and a very chic bathroom cowered with little mosaic-style tiles (made by the owner herself). Kitchen is separately and I was using it together with the owner of the apartment. Breakfast was included in the price and I could take just about everything that I found. I usually had my breakfast on the huge terrace with the magnificent view of the surrounding French-style apartment buildings. The owner was nice and always helpful with the info. I very much enjoyed my stay. If I visit Buenos Aires again, I'd love to stay here one more time :)

• Related to: Architecture
  • Written June 8, 2008

colourful room

• barryg23 profile photo barryg23
  • Reviews: 2896

DowntownMate Hostel

We had to leave the excellent Garden House hostel after 10 nights as we forgot to extend our reservation, so we spent our last 4 nights in Buenos Aires in the Downtown Mate hostel.

Downtown Mate is in a great location on Calle Rivadavia, in the centre of the city. It was two streets from our Spanish classes, and also very close to Avenida 9 de Julio, the city's main street and a short walk to Plaza de Mayo. Downtown Mate was a friendly place, and there was a kitchen which we could use, and we also met some friendly people here.

However, the hostel was nowhere near as comfortable or as clean as our previous hostel. The rooms in particular were poor while the shared toilets and showers weren't very clean. At 60 pesos for a double it was reasonably cheap, but it's not a place I'd stay in again unless I was stuck.

• Written September 23, 2007

• doctorLAW101 profile photo doctorLAW101
  • Reviews: 10

Rent'N'Buy Argentina: Renting Apartments in Argentina

Because my stay in Buenos Aires is for a month, I decided to rent a furnished apartment, rather than staying in a hotel. It is much more economical, plus I wanted a kitchen and amenities.

I searched apartments on-line from home, and came across Rent'N'Buy Argentina. They do rentals and purchases, and also offer classes in Tango Dancing and Spanish Language (you actually learn about Spanish and Wine at the same time... it's very unique). So this company offers accomodations and the chance to study abroad.

Nancy Landi, one of the owners, was very helpful to me and put me into a great building in Barrio Norte. I was slightly apprehensive to send my deposit down ahead of time via Western Union, because I have known of people who have been swindled this way. Nancy provided me with the e-mail of another guy from San Diego who was down in Argentina. I got in touch with him, and was convinced of their legitimacy. And my experience since has been teriffic.

They have properties in many areas and really care about their clients. Also, you can take Tango classes, and Spanish & Wine classes.

• Related to: Wine Tasting, Luxury Travel
  • Written February 5, 2007

• leok profile photo leok
  • Reviews: 66

Residencia Lezica: Family Life

Want to get a taste of real Buenos Aires living AND meet other travellers?

This is a HUGE family house where most of the rooms are rented out to foreigners. You can have the choice of paying to eat with the family or just have your own room. There's a big kitchen and living room with free internet and although the bathroom may be a bit basic it's got a bath and shower - so really all you need.

Most of the residents here are students studying at COINED's spanish school or one of the city's other language schools - it's definitely not a huge party place but will give you an insight into how the porteños live - Marcelo (the owner) will sometimes still be playing the guitar into the early hours (don't worry sound doesn't travel).

Upstairs there are a couple of terraces - great for escaping the city's bustle and when the sun is out a good sunbathing spot.

The residence is 30secs away from a subte stop (Castro Barros - line A), opposite a 24hr shop and close to a main shopping street. There are also tons of taxis on the adjacent streets.

So long as you are not expecting luxury this is a very inexpensive place to stay and make new friends. It was a popular choice amongst coined students - several of whom moved here from other places.

NB You will not be allowed to bring guests back to your room - although they can visit the residence.

Prices:
$15 (US) single room/night
$20 (US) double room/night

The family also own several other appartments which you can rent - see the website.

• Written December 2, 2004