Melia Buenos Aires

Reconquista, 945, Centro, Buenos Aires, Capital Federal District, 1003, Argentina

Melia Buenos Aires Hotel
Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 56% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• acoco's Profile Photo

A business hotel in Buenos Aires

Everytime I visit Buenos Aires, I'm staying at Melia Buenos Aires because of the quality and space of the accomodations, the courtesy of the staff and the quality of the restaurant.
    I definitively recommend this hotel.

Unique Quality: Locate in the heart of the business district of Retiro, the hotel is at walkable distance of most of business spots. It's also conveniently surounded by restaurants very convinent for a business lunch, just by yourself or with clients or associates.
    At night time, a cab can take you easily to the hot spots.
    If you need to relax you can profit the spa, the fitness center and the indor pool.

• mw808's Profile Photo

City Center Location

I stayed in a non-smoking deluxe room on the 5th floor from May 18th to 27th. My room was clean, modern, and spacious. The bathroom had a tub and sink area, a separate large shower, and a separate room with toilet and bidet. The double size beds were on the small side for U.S. guests. My view was Reconquista Street and buildings across from me. My room also included a buffet breakfast which consisted of medialunas and other types of bread, scrambled eggs, sausage, and bacon. There was another table with cold meats, fruits, and juices. The best service for me was the currency exchange/change. It was so convenient to request small bills after visiting the ATM. I was able to request a late check-out because I was a Sol Melia MAS member. The only service lacking was the Concierge. There is no Concierge, only front desk employees who try their best to answer questions/make recommendations.

The hotel is very close to good restaurants, especially Dora, and bars. Also close to Calle Florida for shopping. The area doesn’t have as many people on weekends. There is a Locutorio across from the hotel for cheap Internet and long distance phone calls and a supermercado on the next street. The door man can call a taxi for you anytime.

Directions: Microcentre

• lizzytex's Profile Photo

Great hotel - Great Location

This was a VERY nice hotel, right in the heart of downtown. The rooms were very spacious and rather luxurious, and the staff was great - although they did try to charge us for all our phone calls even though they were charged on a calling card. We fought this and they promptly removed the charges. They also had a business center, which was nice because we were able to check our email every day. It was also nice because Florida street was only 2 blocks away, and the main avenue was also just a short walk. I would definitely recommend this hotel, even though it was a little on the pricey side. We paid $85/night, tax included.

Directions: Downtown

More about Melia Buenos Aires

Where to stay

by DesG

My wife and I will be in BA the last week (mon to fri) in april 2006. Would like to be in a good location for the buzz of the city with lots of things in walking distance. However don't want a noisy hotel. Is there anywhere that comes close to this?
Cheers
Des

by gigacircuit

The Melia Buenos Aires is a nice hotel - good location and not noisy.

by Porteno

So much depends on how much you would want to pay. The Art Hotel on Azcuenaga www.arthotel.com.ar is a small, quite hotel. In Barrio Norte/Recoleta just a few blocks from Santa Fe. The Hotel Bel Air on Arenales is another nice hotel, located in the Recoleta. The Kempinski Park Plaza on Parera is another. These are all medium priced hotels. I am not so sure that I would agree with the previous post recommending the Melia, it is on Recoguista between Paraguay and Marcelo T. Alvear. And for the price I feel you can get a much better hotel in a more interesting area. In the same range of $US 200 plus a night you can book the Marriott Plaza on Plaza San Martin, or the Loi Suites Recoleta on Vincente Lopez. In addition there is the new Meliá Recoleta Plaza Boutique Hotel on Posadas which is really nice and under $US 200 a night.

Hope this helps
suerte
SAM

by djoslin

My wife and I spent five nights at the Claridge, a lovely, historic hotel right off of Calle Florida, and a few blocks from Plaza Mayo. It is setback on a side street, and significantly quieter than other locations. Easy walks to Retiro, Puerto Madero, Galeria Pacifico. There is a wonderful parillada right next to the hotel.

RE: RE: Where to stay

by ericdharma

If you are enterested in stayiing near the Microcentro and don't mind paying I would recommend the Howard Johnson's Da Vinci on Tucuman. I stayed there when I first arrived and while I thought that it was overpriced for Argentina ($110USD during high season) I do remember it being very quiet there and the staff was very nice and helpful. In fact, strangely enough, now I live on a pretty busy corner in Recoletta and my apartment here is noisier than the room that I had there in the middle of downtown B.A.

Comments