Hipolito Irigoyen 959, Buenos Aires, 1086AA0, Argentina

My Hostel List

Hello
    I had been 3x in Buenos Aires, so that´s is my selection:

1) Buenos Aires - HI Milhouse Hostel

Very well located ( in downtown), but you need to book in advanced. good breakfast.
    website: http://www.hihostels.com/dba/hostels-Buenos-Aires---HI-Milhouse-Hostel-002017.en.htm

2)Che Largato
    Little bit far from Downtown but fair.
    website: http://www.chelagarto.com/

3) Tango
    Far from Downtown. but close some clubs and pubs. breackfast isnt good.

Website: http://www.hihostels.com/dba/hostels-Buenos-Aires---HI-Tango-Backpackers-Palermo-002029.en.htm

Cheers

• leongarf's Profile Photo

Party Every Night.

I stayed at this hostel for several nights and everyone parties here before heading out to the disco.....and after they return. If you like hostels this is your place to stay.

Unique Quality: Drink, drink, drink. Oh yeah....they also tell you where to go and what to see every night of the week.

Directions: Off of Ave. 9 de Julio

• skatzcatz's Profile Photo

Milhouse Hostel

Milhouse Hostel is a large hostel catering for your affordable backpacker needs. With a location close enough to all the tourist locations by walking or public transport I found my time spent here very enjoyable.

Unique Quality: Open 24 hours
    Free Breakfast
    Laundry Facilities
    Rooms with 1,2,4,6,8 beds
    TV Room
    Free Internet (only 3 slow computers available)
    Bar & Cafeteria
    Lockers

Directions: Hipolito Yrigoyen 959
    Buenos Aires

Off Ave 9 De Julio

• Great place to stay in Buenos Aires

It's a great place, near to avenida Nueve de Julio and avenida de Mayo and a subway station. There are parties every night when you can meet a lot of interesting people, a bar and walking tours. Staff was lovely. The rooms were clean and everything worked well.

• carolinak2's Profile Photo

Do you wanna party?

If you wanna meet people and party the whole trip, this is the best option. Milhouse is a big hostel with people from all over the world! The 26 days I spent there (right, 26), I enjoyed every minute! I stayed in 3 different rooms, they were all great. The first one, with 8 girls and 2 bathrooms, I barely met the other 7 girls! There was always a new person sleeping there. The second room was for 2 people, which I shared with a friend and there we had a private bathroom. The third one I shared with 5 girls and there was no private shower, but I had no trouble! There were 6 clean bathrooms on that floor.
    The prices were ok, like the other hostels in town (about 26 pesos per person in a shared room), and I met a lot of people, including the people working there! Most tourists are Brazilian, Irish and Australian, but that doesn't mean you won't find people from other countries!

Unique Quality: Laundry service, elevator, free internet access, cable TV, snack bar and kitchen.

• Neilzonwheelz's Profile Photo

Great Back Packer Hostel

Central location.
    Plenty of activites on offer.
    Internet
    Cooking facilities
    Great place to meet fellow travellers.
    Amazing staff.Clean & quiet room.

Unique Quality: Very popular place, book in advance!
    Alot of young travellers - great if you are looking for travel buddies, male/female
    Lively bar & atmosphere.
    My room was quiet.
    Elevators
    Area around hostel appeared to be safe - Ihad no trouble.
    Staff arrange taxi to airport - so u can team up with others
    Thet arrange trips to the soccer.
    Room was hotel quality minus the TV.

• belgian_joe's Profile Photo

Hostelling International, my favourite!

During my stay in Buenos Aires, I tried 2 international youth hostels, first the Recoleta hostel and then the Milhouse.
    Both were great, especially to meet travelers, but I must say that the Milhouse, which is bigger, was the funniest and organised some crazy nights such as coktail parties and karaoke night which can be wild when you hear an israelian hobbit sing ;-)
    On the other hand, Recoletta has an inside terrasse which can be pretty cool to relax in after a long day of walk...

The rooms in both are really good, considering what you pay, bathroom are clean, staff is really nice...what more can I say, I'll be back?

Directions: Milhouse
    Website: www.trhostel.com.ar
    E-mail: info@trhostel.com.ar

• hivaoa1's Profile Photo

Milhouse Hostel

This is my all the time favourite place, my friend Melina works here and I find it the best hostel I've ever been to. It has EVERYTHING. Rooms and dorms look like a 3 star hotel, they are clean, spacious, toilets are sooooo clean. In double rooms you find even cable tv. Breakfast is HUGE and included. You can also play pool, watch cable tv in the common area and have free internet access. A Double room is 20 bucks. Hostel Milhouse, Hypoliyo Yrigoyen 959, this street's between Avenida de Mayo and Adolfo Alsiria, so, supercentral. You are at Casa Rosada in 5 minutes walk, in Puerto Madero in 10 minutes walk, walking distance to San Telmo, Retiro and even Recoleta.

• sabrina_florida's Profile Photo

Friendly atmosphere + beautiful recycled building

First I have to admit that I've never stayed here. Why should I? This is the city where I live! But I got to meet people who have stayed here and once I got to be inside it and what's more, I went up to one of the private double rooms (no, I was not with a guy!).
    The building from outside is rather offputting I have to say, due to its grey walls. Then inside, in the lounge, you get the typical hostel atmosphere. BUT, when you start going up the stairs, that's when you get to see its beautiful, last century architecture. The double room where my friends were staying had a wooden floor, a very nice private bathroom and an antique closet. They paid 65 pesos a night for it (around 20 dollars), with breakfast included! The shared room I think is around 18 pesos per person.
    There's a notice board in the lounge where you get messages from people who called you when you were in, or daily updated news about events and things to do in Buenos Aires.
    It's located 5 blocks away from the Obelisco (obelisk), so it's in downtown.
    Also, they have free Internet access and pool tables.
    Check their webpage!

• LoucoSP's Profile Photo

Hostel good like Hotel

stay in Milhouse was great experience, people from differents parts of globe share the same room, the rooms is clean everyday, everybody has lock that you put your stuff, staff always pay attention to help you.

Unique Quality: Close to downtown( 1 block from 9 julio Avenue),everyday different activities(for ex. free tango lessons).

Directions: Metro: 50m Line C: Av. De Mayo Station. Line A: Lima Station.

• luzmaria's Profile Photo

The Milhouse hostel

Several friends of mine who ve stayed here recommend this place, cos its huge and acomodates many people, so u ll never feel alone and u ll have to make friends here!

Also the staff are said to be really nice...

Directions: Downtown, Microcentro - Buenos Aires

• lolitajane's Profile Photo

Milhouse Hostel
    From 6 USD (prices may change - please ask before booking).

Unique Quality: One of my friends lives there, and he feels like being at home!

Facilities
    Telephone, Fax and Internet
    Breakfast included
    •Medical Assistance 24 hours a day
    •Billiards, table football and games
    •Recreation & Reading Room
    •Tango Tours

Directions: Hipolito Yrigoyen 959
    How to arrive:
    From Aeropuerto Ezeiza
    Take Autobus 86 Get off HipolitoYrigoyen 900 (45 min)
    From Aeroparque J. Newbery
    Take Autobus 45 Get off Chacabuco 100 (

More about Milhouse Hostel

by vinchile

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has stayed in either of these hostels and would recommend one over the other in terms of comfort, cleanliness, staff friendliness, or location? Thanks!

by sabrina_florida

I've never stayed at Milhouse cos I live here, but I've had friends who stayed there and they loved it. The service, the atmosphere, the breakfast. I went inside to one of the rooms and I loooved the building! Do try that one!

by MrAviator2u

I walked infront of the hostel and seems safe and good. The neighborhood is good.

Enjoy

RE: RE: Tango Backpackers Hostel near Plaza Italia or Milhouse Hostel on Hipolito Yrigoyen?

by sean100

Forget milhouse! Pls... people keep recommending something which is crowded, bad located and I don`t understand why... Palermo is a great neighborhood although I don`t know the hostel.

by sean100

by vinchile

Thanks to everyone who replied! It was really helpful. My friend and I stayed at Tango in the end...and although the staff were super nice and friendly, the place itself could use some work...we had no curtains (and our room faced the street), there was no hot water after one person took a shower first, the microwave didn`t work, and we were put in the second building apart from the main building so we had to constantly go to the other building to meet people or eat breakfast, etc. But in the end, it was ok for what we paid. Next time though, I will probably try another hostel!

Comments