Moreno Hotel

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 30% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Best in Buenos Aires

I will recommend this Hotel to everyone that would like to have a city vacation.
    The rooms are big, like they say in the web page, Size always matter. I satyed in a Large Room, the smallest (they say) and it is huge. The cleaniness of the place is inmaculated. The Staff is friendly and really helpful all the time.
    From the very begenning, since I made the on-line reservation, they ask me if I would need transportation, Tango Show to reserve, they even send me dinner recomendations.
    Now I going back to my place, but I´m comming back to this hotel

Unique Quality: The Roof Top Deck is a perfect place for Breakfast. the view from there it is inclredible, you can see the top of the buildings in Buenos Aires, from the old San Telmo ones to the brand new, just finish, in Puerto Madero

More about Moreno Hotel

Hotel cancelled reservations due to health/safety issue

by TripAdvisor Member __FunTraveler__Yes__

We made reservations (and received confirmation) for Moreno Hotel through Octopus Travel several months in advance for the week before Christmas. 10 days before our planned stay started, we were informed by Octopus Travel that the Moreno Hotel indicated they were remodeling due to health/safety issues.

So, we never made it to the Moreno Hotel.

Octopus Travel was very helpful and setup reservations for us at the "Blue Tree Recoleta" which was a comparable hotel. We were a little suspicious of the new and never reviewed Blue Tree Recoleta, but it was very nice.

Although the Hotel Moreno may have good reviews, beware of their tactics for cancellation and/or health/safety issues. My *guess* is that we got bumped for someone willing to pay a premium for Christmas week---just a guess... Regardless, beware...

An incredible hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Stockio

We absolutley loved the Moreno hotel as it was very unlike any place we had stayed in before. We booked the hotel through Asiarooms and paid $82 which made it such incredible value for money. Even though we only had the basic room, we both said that it was the best room we had ever stayed in. The walk in shower and bathroom were exceptional.
The only thing I didn´t like was the area as I didn´t feel safe at night and there weren´t enough restaurants and shops on our doorstep so we moved to the Esplendour hotel which was another boutique hotel but it was so bland compared to the Moreno.
Breakfast was basic, but the ham and cheese croissants made by the lady were really tasty.
I also thought that all the reception staff were really friendly and helpful.
We would definitely stay here again.

Outstanding!

by TripAdvisor Member carol81

My husband and I stayed at the Moreno Hotel for 6 nights. It was our second time in Buenos Aires and we had the most amazing experience. So, let me see where to start.

First: location. The hotel is just a couple of blocks away from the Plaza de Mayo (Casa Rosada, Cabildo, Cathedral...) and therefore really close to 3 subway stations. All the subte lines are within walking distance. The area was pretty safe and there were people in the streets at all times. We came back to the hotel at late hours, but still I felt very safe. Plaza Dorrego in San Telmo is also close (about 8 blocks) and Florida is about 3 blocks.

Staff: they were amazing!! So helpful and friendly. They helped us with reservations, stored our luggage during our trip to Colonia do Sacramento and always got the jucuzzi ready when we wanted to use it. They were all extremely nice.

The hotel itself was also incredible. What you see in the pics is what you really get. The building is a beautiful architectural piece and carries a feeling of authenticity. The old-style elevators only add to the mystique (they are actually modern elevators with the antique look). I saw some reviews that complained about the noise they make, but we did not experience such problem. The only time I could hear the elevator was when some careless guest banged the door.

The rooms are huge and with great décor, comfy beds and great showers. (We stayed in two different rooms, the smaller one and a larger one – they were both wonderful). The cleaning staff always made sure the rooms were immaculately clean and tidy.

On the roof they have a breakfast room, gym and Jacuzzi. Breakfast was alright for me. It had everything I needed: croissants, fruit and yogurt, etc. The best was to sit outside reading the paper and having breakfast with the view of Buenos Aires rooftops. The Jacuzzi was also a real plus since it was very hot in the city. We would soak after lunch and wait for the temperature to cool down a bit to hit the streets again.

To sum up, Moreno Hotel was a perfect experience!

Lots of potential - but have work to do..

by TripAdvisor Member latinmon

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights during a business trip to BsAs mostly after seeing the reviews on this site.

The hotel has potential - rooms are large, clean, and comfortable. The decor is art deco style. The location is ok, not great, not bad. The staff is friendly and attentive.

But there's some things that need to be done for this place to live up to what other people are saying in the reviews. (I wonder if some were written by the hotel itself?) In no particular order:

1. There is no restaurant.. they say its coming.. hopefully soon.

2. Internet connectivity is slow.. keeps you from being productive should you have to work during your stay.

3. They could use some music in the lobby and in the rooms

4. There is no bar

5. Breakfast leaves a lot to be desired

All in all, I may stay here again in the future, but at this price range, there are better areas to stay at with better hotel options...

Lovely hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ConorJ13

This is a beautiful hotel located a couple of blocks from Plaza de Mayo. The rooms are very spacious and nicely decorated. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. Only downside is breakfast is very basic although breakfast room has balcony which is lovely in summer. A new restaurant is due to open so maybe the breakfasts will improve when that is ready. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel.

What a disappointment

by TripAdvisor Member upgraded

Let me start out with the 3 really good things about the Hotel Moreno. 1. Location- We loved it, we walked everywhere and felt safe. 2. Very clean- the entire hotel is spotless. 3. The staff- other than the front desk staff- very nice and helpful.

Now the bad. We arrived at noon and were told that our room would be ready within the hour. We left and came back 2 1/2 hours later and the room still wasn't ready. The person I was dealing with was full of attitude and kept telling me that I wasn't entitled to enter the room until 3pm. I didn't disagree but why promise me something that was far from the truth?

It is impossible to get a decent night's sleep here. The cage elevator, while charming, is loud. All the floors are cement or wood. So you can hear every single thing from the halls and from the surrounding rooms. Our second night there the drunks outside sang (yelled) until 6:15am.

The breakfast is unbelievably bad. There is no excuse for such poor selection and quality.

There is no restaurant or bar. This is despite the hotel's website promoting their "dazzling" bar and describing the restaurant's food.Nor is there anything in the immmediate area.

I would skip this hotel until it gets its act together.

Great hotel for a first stay in BA

by TripAdvisor Member JessFedd27

My cousin and I chose this hotel based on tripadvisor reviews and were not disappointed. As noted in other reviews, the staff was superb and gave great recommendations. Whether we wanted a fancy dinner or a low key authentic parilla lunch, the staff were able to make reservations and great suggestions. We both (2 girls) felt totally safe in the neighborhood and were out walking around at night. The room was good sized and had plenty of space to stretch out and unpack. Breakfast was what I would consider a typical continental style breakfast and was fine for us each day. Two notes: the alarm clocks are the old windup style, so if you want a more reliable clock that you don't have to crank bring it with you; also, bring earplugs-our room was close to the elevator which was extremely loud and running frequently. However I would not hestitate at all to recommend this hotel very highly-the staff were really, really wonderful and the property was great!

fabulous new boutique hotel

by TripAdvisor Member suzietraveler

we just returned from a wonderful 5 day stay in BA, and we just loved the hotel. the hotel is in a charming original art deco building with a fun cage elevator. we stayed in the J suite, room 41, and the room was very large and airy-bigger than some apartments- for $210 a night! very quiet, large comfy bed and great A/C. the staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Guido.
breakfast is very spartan, but we needed to save room for all the huge steaks we had for lunch and dinner.

the location was good, but not great. its 2 blocks from the plaza de mayo, and about 8 long blocks from the plaza dorrego, where we walked at least once a day. but cabs are very cheap and readily available for longer trips around the city. i loved staying in the san telmo area-my favorite area of the city-its very charming and authentic, with amazing antique shops and a few new boutiques. the recoleta is more centrally located, but doesnt have much character-generic big city feel. palermo -around plaza serrano-would be a great area to stay, too, as much of the bars and nightlife are there. its fun fun, young and lively at night.
there is no bar or restaurant yet-a minor drawback when staying in a great area like san telmo.

we had huge steaks for lunch and dinner every day-such a treat! we had our favorite meal at la brigada in san telmo-make a reservation. parilla 1880 is also good and authentic.
in palermo, restaurants bar uriate and cluny were a fun and modern BA scene. el trapiche was a fabulous traditional parrilla, but the scene at la cabrera was too touristy, and our meal was the worst of our trip-bad cuts of meat and unpleasant service.

Best Hotel in South America?

by TripAdvisor Member tommytrojan

I found out about this hotel from other reviews on TripAdvisor. This is a FANTASTIC hotel. Although this hotel is not located in the most desirable part of the San Telmo neighborhood, we felt safe walking back to our hotel from the numerous restaurants and bars that are no more than 2-3 blocks away, even late at night (or, being BA, more likely at 4 in the morning). It's also close to the financial center and Pink House (Argentina's White House). Plus, taxis are so cheap that you can get anywhere in town for a few US dollars.

We stayed in one of the extra large rooms (or perhaps a junior suite) and it was HUGE. Fantastic (modern/minimalist) decor, gigantic bathroom with a wonderful shower, separate sitting area, great beds... however, I'm guessing each room is slightly different as this building appears to have once been an apartment building. It's a fantastic art deco place with a beautiful lobby and a great old-fashioned elevator. Best of all is the rooftop bar -- only problem was, when we were there in January (the weekend before New Year's) the rooftop bar was completely shut down. Perhaps it's still on the way? Regardless, the rooftop jacuzzi and city view made up for it. (It's not a private jacuzzi, but the whole time we were there, we were the only ones who used it).

The staff is uniformly friendly and helpful, and everyone at the front desk speaks fluent English (though my wife is a native Spanish speaker, which was helpful in getting around, obviously).

Finally, the exchange rate as of 2007/08 made Argentina one of the few affordable places for American travelers. This is one of the finest hotel rooms I have ever stayed in, and it wasn't more than $150/night US. I really can't think of anything bad to say about the Moreno, only that I hope they take advantage of the potential rooftop bar scene!)

HOTEL MORENO

by DmcJannet

Hi - Does anyone know anything about this hotel?

Re: HOTEL MORENO