Palacio Duhau Park Hyatt Buenos Aires

Avenida Alvear 1661, Buenos Aires, Capital Federal District, C1014AAD, Argentina

Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires
Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Costs 71% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• wonderful restaurant - greedy hotel

I have stayed several times in the Park Hyatt BA. I cannot recommend the hotel section (tower). It looks like the people working there do not want to be bothered by their guests!
    It has been very disappointing that the price related to the services offered is far beyond any reasonable level. You even have to pay for internet connection in your room on a daily bases (for the price they charge you, you can have a monthly internet connection everywhere else)! In most hotels in BA and elsewhere in the world, internet is part of the services, like shower, towels and TV.
    The breakfast is a disaster. One would expect a service comparable to the restaurant of the same place. Forget it! You have to wait very long for service, after you have been waiting for being seated. If you are from e.g. Germany: Do not request for a boiled egg, they do not know what it is, but they will charge you a lot, once they understood what you want them to bring you!

Unique Quality: Really a wonderful place to have lunch or dinner. The garden is exceptional as is the art gallery connecting the tower and the 'palacio' part. The flower section downstairs is an example of style and creativity. The service in the restaurant is absolutely top class, as is the kitchen. They do have a very extended section for wines and cheeses there too. Great for a drink in one of the nice rooms (library, bar etc.)

Directions: high level hotel, restaurant and shopping area

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Fantastic if you can avoid the Tower

This is a stunning hotel in Recoletta. The rooms in the old main hotel are huge. Or at least the one I was in. The lounge is well done with a piano and a good selection of wine, although I am told Cow Doers show up and are a bit loud after some of that wine.

If you're a Hyatt Diamond I highly recommend this hotel.

Unique Quality: Avoid the tower rooms if you can. Not because they're bad but because the others are so fantastic.

More about Palacio Duhau Park Hyatt Buenos Aires

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member AleenaLondonCity

Our experience at Palacio Duhau was fantastic. The Hotel is beautiful, the location is very convenient, the facilities are superb but above all the service is impeccable. This is a hotel I will definitely go back to.

Amazing Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Phat Kid

Me and my wife stayed at this hotel for the first 2 days of a 10 day trip to Argentina. We wish we could have spent the entire trip here. The rooms are immaculate, and the hotel is one of the most beautiful buildings you will ever see. They have done a great job preserving the Palacio Duhau. The service is impeccable as they knew our names within hours of staying there. I would highly recommend this hotel if you want something modern. Stay away from room service as it is a rip-off.

great experience

by TripAdvisor Member pennawitz

Great Experience
we have stayed at nice hotels all over the world, some outstanding, and the combination of a wonderful room and terriific service (extremly warm and helpful) was as good or better than any we have previously experienced. we spent a wonderful 10 days there.

Mismanaging a Beautiful Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member KolyaSanFrancisco

This lovely hotel, with outstanding rooms in an old French style mansion, is located in a fashionable district of Buenos Aires. Unfortunately, management at all levels, while kind, is not competent. Repeated mistakes in airport car service, both arriving and ceparting, as well as a convoluted checkout process, drove us crazy. The service mistakes compounded over a several day stay. Each mistake was followed by lovely handwritten notes of apology, accompanied in some cases by candy and fruit. These efforts to calm us would have been better spent in correcting administrative failings, but management doesn't seem to understand this. Our final departure was leavened only by the appearance of the hotel manager, assistant manager, and two bell hops, each carrying one of our suitcases to the limousine in a straggling line reminiscent of "Carnival of the Animals". Don't stay at this place until Hyatt gets its management in order.

Amazing Pre-trip Concierge Service

by TripAdvisor Member buzzby

I have stayed at some of the finest hotels in the world and I have never experienced the level of concierge service that is provided by the Park Hyatt.

I am referring to pre-trip services conducted through emails. I have been working with Marcela , a concierge at the Park Hyatt, and she is helping me plan my entire Buenos Aires visit with her warmth and professionalism...tickets, tango, dining, tours, reservations, reviews, descriptions and suggestions.

We have not yet arrived in Buenos Aires but I will report on our stay when we return home. If this prelude means anything, I am certain our stay will be wonderful.

One of the Nicest in the World

by TripAdvisor Member newyorkanya

We were put up here on a recent work trip and couldn't believe how lucky we here. This is one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed in. We were given a suite in the old part of the hotel and it was gorgeous --very simply furnished in plain colors and with a lovely big bathtub. Everything about this hotel is top notch: the service is superb and the staff are incredibly helpful, the housekeeping is fantastically diligent, the furnishings are tasteful and and the food is wonderful. Room service is incredibly prompt and we were even given courtesy pressing.
There is also a lot of attention to detail: the coffee table books in the room were beautiful photography books we actually we wanted to read, the fruit bowl included figs and plums and we were given a generous platter of delicious cheeses in the afternoon. The bar and other public rooms are beautifully restored. The location is superb. I managed to buy all my gifts by just going to a couple of stories around the corner and there are some nice museums in the neighborhood too.

Amazing Hyatt; gorgeous room, delightful staff

by TripAdvisor Member dylanursula

My wife and I stayed at the Park Hyatt in Recoleta district in BA in July 07. It was simply amazing. We have traveled six of the seven continents and generally only stay in 4 or 5 stars hotels so are well traveled and rather picky. Now I am a Diamond Hyatt Rewards Passport member, so that may have got us an upgrade to a deluxe suite but the hotel staff were knowledgeable; spoke great English and were a general delight. Our suite was gorgeous; two flat panel LCDs, gorgeous bed and bathroom, clean, and fantastic lines. The breakfast buffet (continental) was good if not a little bland but good fruits, juices and killer coffee.

Truly a Palace in Buenos Aires

by TripAdvisor Member maggs187

I stayed at the Park Hyatt back in January and it was amazing. I was fortunate enough to stay on the Palace side and the room was huge with beautiful wood floors and a flat screen TV. The bathroom was beautiful with the double doors and the soaking tub. The staff was perfect, friendly, kind and went out of their way to help us. I was not able to enjoy the patio, restaurant or wine/cheese bar because I was out in the city so much but I did stop by and those too were stunning. I loved the cheese cellar concept.

I think by far, this hotel is the best of the bunch in Buenos Aires and I think that it is one of the best properties that the Hyatt Corporation has produced thus far. Fantastic location, attention to detail (Mont Blanc pens at check in) was wonderful, flower shop in the middle of the hotel was a fun touch and of course thebeautiful garden area etc The list can go on!!!

Comments