Panamericano Buenos Aires Hotel

Carlos Pellegrini 551, Capital Federal, Buenos Aires, Capital Federal District, 1009, Argentina

Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

Costs 52% less but rated 18% lower than other 5 star hotels

• “The worse hotel ever....”

I'm a regular traveler and I stayed in this hotel during one of my trips to Buenos Aires....the WORSE experience so far in terms of hotels. Here is the summary of my experience:
    - First night, I found a tick on my bed. I called reception to talk about the incident and they sent me a bell boy to "kill" the tick...gosh! if that was the solution I was looking for, I could have done it myself.
    After making my point around expectations of a 5 star hotel and the discusting experience I received many apologies and the offer of a new room. Not sure why...I accepted a new room and moved to it at 1:00 AM.
    - Second day, I ordered breakfast with coffee with milk....I get the breakfast without cups.
    - Go to take a shower...no towels!!!
    - Third day, I tried to make a phone call from the room to discovered I didn't have the phone line connected!
    By this point, I'm totally frustrated and when to reception to talk with one of the managers...He is very nice and apologetic. The manager offered to adjust my room rate and to give me some certificates for the hotel's spa...What did I get at the end of my stay?- A bottle of champagne, a certificate for 15 min massage at the spa and not adjustment for my room rate at all.
    I ended up paying $235 dollar per night to the hotel that has offer so far the WORSE hotel's experience of my entire life.
    I don't recommend this hotel at all!!! It looks so beautiful from the lobby....by with the ticks, the service and poor attention to details, everything ends right there...at the lobby!

Unique Quality: Great views
    Excelent location

Directions: In front of the Obelisco

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Prime City Centre Location

I stayed in the Panamericano for one night as part of a pre-cruise package.

My initial reaction was positive - the marbled public areas are vast, polished, and impressive. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived so we were invited to wait in one of the reception areas for the five hours or so that it took to make a room available to us.

We waited in one of the bars and ordered some light food - sandwiches and tea. They were beautifully presented by polite and efficient staff. Initislly the prices shocked me (hard to do), but it transpired that the prices on the menu were in local currency and so cost just a third of what I believed them to be in dollars.

When we were eventually shown to our room the disappointment set in. A cursory examination suggested a typically old fashioned five star luxury hotel, but closer examination revealed tired furnishings and peeling wallpapers. In addition to this, the room stank of stale smoke. Our room was very dark and looked out on the side of another sky-scraper and some kind of mezzanine roof. I felt that we were simply "shoved" into one of the worst rooms in the house because we were simply "in transit" guests. Hotels make a huge mistake when they do that kind of thing as many cruise transit passengers may return for a longer stay if they like what they see. Based on my one night experience I would wish to stay elsewhere the next time.

There is a large indoor pool on the 23rd floor with plenty of sunbeds and a glass roof. This leads onto an outdoor deck and plunge pool with incredible city views. However, the outside deck is tiny and full of double sunbeds - these are fine for couples but what I fund was that they were occupied by singles and so an already cramped space was underavailable.

Unique Quality: The concierge staff in this hotel are outstanding. I would particularly praise Patricia. My luggage was lost by Iberia and Patricia spent literally hours on the phone to Iberia and to BA airport trying to sort things for me. At one point she had two lines on the go at once. She's just fantastic.

The rooftop pool and deck commands a spectacular view of the City.

Directions: Right in the City Centre, overlooking the Obelisk.

More about Panamericano Buenos Aires Hotel

Buenos Aires Fine Dining

by doctorLAW101 about Tomo I

Tomo I (pronounced Tomo Uno) is located in the Hotel Panamericano, in the Microcentro area of Buenos Aires. It is regarded as one of the city's most exclusive restaurants, in regard to cuisine, service and price. I dined there with two friends, and we received warm greetings and friendly, bend-over-backwards service the entire evening.

This was the first place I've been able to find a proper Martini in Buenos Aires. Their wine list was very good (although the bottle we chose was not my favorite), and the food was absolutely exquisite.

Expect to pay between $30 and $100 (pesos) per entre. For the three of us, after adding a 20% tip (which is very generous for Argentina, where 10% is normal for great service), our total expense was around US$200 (dollars). Entre: Braised Deer with Potato Puree
Appetizer: Buffalo Braseola with Arugula and Parmesan

BARILOCHE

by Cheewa

"Cerro Catedral"

Typicall for tourist, this city is a little Switzerland. Mountains, lakes, trees, chocolates, fish food. GREAT

Comments