Pte. J.E.Uriburu 1183, Buenos Aires, 1114, Argentina
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Buenos Aires

JumpingDANIELSCHAMANN, Casa Rosada, ArgentinaJumpingDANIELSCHAMANN, Casa Rosada, Argentina

Clean station and trainsClean station and trains

Palacio Duhua - now an hotelPalacio Duhua - now an hotel

example of apartments offeredexample of apartments offered

Looking for a Local Tour Guide in Buenos AIres

by jonasridge

We are a group of six ladies celebrating a birthday. We want to find a local tour guide in Buenos Aires that we can hire for a week to take us to see the sights. We are active and would want to include good food, good walks, good wine, some good shopping, and seeing the highlights of this fair city.

by nomad7890

I would recommend you contact the hotel where you're staying and ask them for a recommendation - they will usually find you a driver that can charge by the hour.

by jimwebster

BTW, these are referred to as a "remise". My wife and I hired a local guy to drive us around to different bodegas (wineries) when we visited San Rafael, Mendoza and it was great. He even took us to a small bodega owned by a friend where we got to taste test wine straight from the barrel. This was some time ago and it cost us $10 pesos per hour. I say it would be much more in Bs As.

by juampix

HI, Nice too meet you. I'm Nicolas and im a 21-aged navy officer living in Buenos aires... I don;t know if this is what you looking for but i usualy organize some free tour arround the city with foreing people just for fun. I love traveling and i know how it feels to have a local friens to make things happen so...
i usualy include some dinner tours, night life, culture and history about argentina, shopping, well you know...
i think i got a good english so wont be a problem..
so if you still in ba i can invite you all to go out, teach you how to move here, where to go ant that... would be a pleasure.

my email is netarar@gmail.com

have a nice stay in Baires...

Nicolas

by treyond

Hi, i`m Rodrigo and i`m a local member. I will be pleasure to be your travel guide here and show you my beautifull city. My charge it`s not very expensive. You can send me a vt mail. Bye.

Travel Tips for Buenos Aires

Drink Maté!

by katlau

A wonderful tradition in some countries in South America. Maté is a kind of herbtea that creers you up much better than coffee. It is drinken hot through a straw from a perticular cup that is also called Maté. When you get into the taste - you will be hooked:) I'm very happy that nowadays I can find Maté also from Finnish shops.

Tango

by acemj

Sensuality boils over in this famous dance that was born in the streets of La Boca and San Telmo. The tango developed into one of the most famous dances in the world, but its origins are slightly more irreverant than the form we see today. Usually, dancers were accompanied by singers belting out crude lyrics and the dance movements themselves were heavily influenced by African rhythms and the candombe. Often it was performed in the brothels of Buenos Aires.

Immigration eventually brought the tango across the seas to Europe where it was given a slightly more sophisticated spin and after receiving the stamp of approval for the elite of Paris, it became more acceptable and popular in Buenos Aires's own affluent neighborhoods.

Carlos Gardel was the person most responsible for bringing the tango to the masses around the world when he performed on Broadway and in Hollywood.

If you're interested in seeing a show, the San Telmo neighborhood is a good bet. I also noticed a recent VT forum query in which someone asked about the best tango show in town. The most commonly mentioned show venues were Señor Tango and La Esquina de Carlos Gardel. You can also see tango for free on the streets in San Telmo, La Boca and even on Calle Florida (the city's pedestrian-only main shopping street).

Winter clothes

by sabrina_florida

* Comfortable footwear, like trainers, as you'll do lots of walking.
* Jeans and comfortable trousers.
* 2 or 3 pullovers will be more than enough.
* Long-sleeved t-shirts to wear under the pullovers.
* A warm jacket.
* A scarf. It doesn't get that cold in Buenos Aires in general. Of course with the global warming you never know, but in general the average temperature is 12ºC. There are days when you can get say 8ºC, but that won't be more than 10 times during the whole winter.
At night, or mostly in the early morning, the temperature may drop to 3 or 4 ºC. But as soon as the sun starts coming out, it won't be that chilly.
As for me, my usual winter clothes are: jeans, trainers or leather boots, a long-sleeved t-shirt and a pullover or a warm jacket. Usually a scarf too, 'cause I hate having colds.

Museo Naval de la Nacion

(1648) Tigre
Pcia. de Buenos Aires - Argentina

Milonga "Le Marshal"

by sinequanon about Tango shows - Tango places

I found Milongas to be a bit tight as places. Milonga "le Marshall" was nothing of the sort. It was a fun, relaxed gay milonga where everyone danced with everyone else. there is no dress code just take your tango shoes along!

Comments