Puerto Marina Apartments

More about Buenos Aires

Side dishes and MalbecSide dishes and Malbec

la Bocala Boca

Florida by night - Galeria PacificoFlorida by night - Galeria Pacifico

Obelisco at nightObelisco at night

by sgolda

If you can help me, and are going to Buenos aires or is at the present momento IN Buenos Aires- There is this LOCUTORIO(cybercafe) and Kiosko at Calle Cordoba (Cordoba Street) almost between Calle Maipu(maipu street) and Calle Esmeralda(esmeralda street).
I went there to copy all my 200 dearest pictures into a CD, I uses boths 1 and 2, and thought I'd copied the right way, cause i tested the cd there.
What happened when I got home, in Rio de Janeiro, the CD was blank.
So, I probably copied into their harddrive...AND I NEED TO RECOVER THEM!
If you walk by, please get me a phone number, or my picts - I will be gratefull throughot eternity!!!
My email: sgolda@gmail.com

tks - Golda.

Re: I need help recovering my photos- lost all my photos in a Locutorio(Cybercage) in Buenos Aires

by virtual786

Here's hoping..

I WENT TO the kiosko at 17:30 today. I spoke to a man and explained to him what I read on the internet. He wouldn't say anything, but....

THE PHONE NUMBER IS 54 11 5219 5211

Good Luck

by sgolda

tksssssssssssssss so much to all the greathelp you all gave me.
If you need anything from Rio, please do ask!!!

Travel Tips for Buenos Aires

Puerto Madero

by Sonador3

This is the area that used to house the old Buenos Aires port. And it connects the center of the city with the Costanera Sur. Today, near the four docks and after an extensive renovation, it's an area of upscale restaurants and shops, a pedestrian walkway and two floating museums: The Fritgata Sarmiento and the Corbeta Uruguay.

During the 19th century, the Darsena Norte area was the place where hundreds of thousands of immigrants arrived to Argentina, turning Buenos Aires into the cosmopolitan city it is today. The port was named after Eduardo Madero, who was an engineer and public servant, and whose design for the port was chosen from many competing designs.

Clubs opening time

by sabrina_florida

Clubs open as from 1 am, unless you go to the ones where you can eat first, like Asia de Cuba. They close between 6.30 and 7 am.
If you're going to a bar, until 12 am you'll be able to get a table but as from that time you'll have to remain standing.

A New Cocktail

by cjg1

Liz had nevr had a Caipirinha before Buenos AIres. She saw a picture of it at Temple Bar and decided she must try one. After one drink she was hooked. Liz isn't much of a drinker and rarely wants a mixed drink so I was happy she found a drink she enjoyed.

Best Shopping Centers in Buenos Aires

by brd2005

1- Abasto- in a stunning early 20th century building a 3 story shopping . Use subway B get off at station carlos Gardel.

2- Alto Palermo- Super modern and located at Santa Fe Ave. and Cnl. Diaz this shopping is full of locals and has lots of trendy stores.

3- Patio Bullrich. Avenida Libertador af ew block off Avenida 9 de Julio. Small but the moost exclusive one. Architecturally speaking is quite beautiful.

4- Galerias Pacifico. On Florida and Cordoba Streets a not to miss shopping centre which has been recycled . At the central court you can admire the famous murals painted by Luis Castagnino.

Tango in Balvanera

by ptitetoile about Milonga PorteƱo y Bailarin

This milonga venue is my favourite!!!!
The place looks like a disco but its walls painted in orange give a very warm and cosy atmosphere. The people there were mainly Argentinians (and not too many western foreigners) and the distance between the dancers was not too big. There are two wooden small dance floor, one with orange tables all around at the entrance and another with green tables at the back of the place.
The dance style is milonguera, it means very close and slow. There is not a lot of space anyway.
We had there two tango shows during the ball : one of a professionnal couple and another of very young people..really great!

Comments