Rancho Urbano

Gallerias Pacifico shopsGallerias Pacifico shops

BedroomBedroom

Liz's White Chocolate ConeLiz's White Chocolate Cone

Palacio BaroloPalacio Barolo

Any VTers in Buenos Aires I can meet?

by sheherezad

Like my previous posting said, I will be in Buenos Aires for 2 nights (Oct 13+14) enroute to Santiago, Chile on Oct 15. Like my previous posting indicated, I am still uncertain as to where I should stay.

But I would love to meet any VTers in Buenos Aires, if any would like to meet me? ;-)

Cheers!

by tropicrd

Put a meeting notice up on the VT meeting board--scroll down to meeting on the right hand side of VT home page and click on the date and put in your request.

I hope you get some replies to your meet.

Welcome to Vt
Dorrise

Darling Doresse,

I KNOW I can do that but would have no idea where to suggest for a meeting place, my dear :(

But thanks for your kind input all the same!

Cheers!
N

by sheherezad

Thanks, diana_renou for taking the trouble to come and meet me on my day of arrival in BA, at the Howard Johnson on Calle Florida (which I ended up finding online and booking after you suggested we meet on Florida St) :-) And for introducing me to the coffee with a side scoop of melt-in-the mouth ice cream at Fredo's (or is it Freddo's? I have to check my pics for the spelling!) I wouldn't have entered Gallerie Pacifico if you hadn't introduced me to it! Thanks, once again! It's always wonderful to meet a local VTer :-) Hope your dog if well now! Cheers!

by tropicrd

I am so pleased a vter met you,and you enjoyed the mini meet.

Dorrise

by sheherezad

Thanks, Dorrise! :-) Cheers!

Travel Tips for Buenos Aires

Feel at home with friendly advise & service.

by Gerhard_ZA

Tours operated by Eurotor in Buenos Aires. Laura provided excellent information & service. She was very accomodating when it came to additional tours & requests. Her tips made the adventure unforgetable.

THE ENGLISH TRANSLATION OF MI NOCHE TRISTE

by RafaelTheSecond

And something more about Contursi, he was one of the best friends of Carlos Gardel, and they first performed that song MI NOCHE TRISTE at the very old Teatro Esmeralda in 1917.

I tried to translate the lyrics that I wrote in the previous tip...

MY SAD NIGHT

My baby, which left me in the best of my life
Leaving my soul wounded and thorns in my heart,
Even knowing that you were my great joy
and my happiest dream.
now for me there is no solution
that is why I drink alot
to forget your love....

When I see my parrot
and i see him all out of order
all sad and abandoned
makes me feel like crying.
i catch myself looking your picture for a long time
searching for some confort

There is no more little pots in the house
very well arranged with the same colors
The mirror is still steamy
and it seems it had cried
because you are not here anymore

In the night, when I go to bed
i cannot close the door,
because I always think that you will come back
I always take home some snacks and fix some tea
as you were with me,
if you could see our bed
how sad she is when she does not see us together

The guitar in the wardrobe is still hooked
nobody plays with it not made its cords tremble
and even the light of the room had felt your absence
because its light refused to light MY SAD NIGHT

Is that well translated??? Let me know if you could get it!;)

Argentine's enjoy the night...

by cvsolfari

Argentine's enjoy the night (as well as breaking the night, but that's another story). While at a resort where only Argentine's go, we made many friends with the other guests and threw a party in our apartment. It was scheduled to start at midnight, but the first guests arrived at 1:30 am and full attendance wasn't until 3 am! Here's a photo from around 4...

Admiring the azulejos on the walls of the Subte

by ptitetoile

The walls of the subte are really worth to see!!!!
They are either a single mural of a certain scenery, or a wallpaper of repeated geometric patterns and figures. Each mural at a platform bears a certain theme. Most of them capture the early days of immigrants entering into this country.

Construction
The blank tiles for the mural were first placed together to form a "canvas" for the artist to draw on. The artist painted the overall picture across the tiles. Then each tile was removed individully for firing at the kiln. Thereafter, the tiles were installed onto the wall , for the joy of all subte-users!!!!

Tango Music Paradise

by mircaskirca about Zival's

The corner of Avenida Callao and Avenida Corrientes, a traditional meeting point for the bohemia and just about anyone interested in the arts, is dominated by the white fa├žade of Zival's, the most famous tango music shop in the world. Although Corrientes is lined with book and music shops, the shop stands out for its excellent selection and good organization.

It is especially strong on Latin American music, everything from Mexican ranchera, Cuban salsa, Colombian cumbia to Chilean folk music, and has the most extensive list of tango (the wide variety of tango styles) and other Argentine music. Books are available as well, mostly music, photography and art related, and it offers the greatest selection of tango DVDs. Zival's has the widest tango and Argentine music CDs and DVDs catalogue online; they ship worldwide.

I had a long list of music that I wanted to buy, especially the old tango recordings, and very much enjoyed browsing through the shop's collection. There are listening stations and the staff was helpful as well. As I was getting more titles from my Argentine friends, I had to return several times.

It is open Mon-Sat 9:30am-10pm. tango music CDs and DVDs as well other Latin American music styles; books about music photography and art it depends on the title, but generally CDs and books are quite affordable in Argentina :)

Comments