Montevideo 86, Buenos Aires, Capital Federal District, 1019ABB, Argentina

More about Buenos Aires

group exhibitiongroup exhibition

Ferni's jacketFerni's jacket

so uniqueso unique

Guarding the hero ....Guarding the hero ....

Airports Transfer

by manho

Pl advise transfer from (A)PISTARINI AIRPORT to (B)JORGE NEWBURY AIRPORT....cost and time for transfer. I arrive at Pistarani (collect luggage)and then catch connecting flight from (B)Jotge Newbury to Iguazu. I have 3hours----is it enough time? Thanks. I must have local currency to pay taxi right? or can I pay in US-$?....Thanks

by jimwebster

3 hours is plenty of time. The trip between airports is roughly 50 to 60 minutes, depending on traffic. I cannot tell you which company to use, but there are shuttle bus and taxi company booths located in the lobby area once you exit the doors beyond the baggage scan area. I'll let someone else answer for the cost, but yes you can pay in U$S dollars. I do not recommend catching a taxi outside or at the exterior exit doors, unless you are familiar country.

FYI, if you are needing Argentine pesos the best exchange rate is at the national bank that is located to the right once you exit the doors beyond the baggage scan area. Do not use the kioskos!!! The wait may be a little long.

by TexasDave

I agree with the above, 3 hours is plenty of time, and second the warning about using any kiosk in the luggage claim area, they give a very bad exchange rate. Go to Banco Nacion.
And, if you're an American citizen, be prepared to pay the relatively new 'Reciporcity Fee' which is now $140 p/person.

by globetrott

I agree, 3 hours is enough time and once that you are through customs you will find lots of offices of taxi-companies and you can pay these taxis in advance by creditcard. I dont remember the price, but it was not very expensive.

by patagoniapaul

Take the Tienda Leon bus, it shuttles between the two airports and the city. ·3 hours should be enough if all flights are on time. The cost is AR$40 pp. You will probably pay more if you pay in dollars.

by vtveen

With 'only' 3 hours I wouldn't recommend the shuttle bus.
They only leave once an hour and the ride itself between the two airports takes more than 1 hour. Be prepared to take taxi.

happy travels
Jaap

by jerry786

I absolutely disagree !! I returned from a 4 week trip to Europe and N.Y.C. My trip envolved 10 different flights. Five of the flights were delayed between 1 and 3 and a half hours. My AA flight from JFK on Friday night (7/23) left Over 3 hours late, but was only 2 hours late arriving at EZE. My bags had "priorty handling" tags and it took a very long time for me to get them. Don't forget that you're probably going to have to buy a entry visa (or whatever they call it) and then Customs. Good Luck.

Travel Tips for Buenos Aires

FREE GUIDE SERVICE CICERONES.ORG.AR

by sfphototraveller

I used Cicerones free guide service.
Log on there website Cicerones.org.ar
a couple of weeks and contact the guide. Great Steaks, Supermodel looking woman in the Las Canitas area on a SAT night at the Restaurants.

Yet another birthday party (my last night)

by b1bob

I didn't know the young lady who was the guest of honour. It was my understanding that we were going to go, stay awhile, and then come back to the flat. However, it looked like it would be an all-nighter. Alex and I boarded bus 152. Some young ladies on the bus noticed I was American from my "Hager for Governor" shirt and tried to make eye contact with me. As Alex and I stepped off the bus, they waved goodbye to me. Alex thought the place we ought to be was close by. We flagged down a taxi that took us to the flat of one of Alex's friends, Diego Kochen, where we piled into his silver Ford Escort. I panicked because we were going far away from downtown for just a regular party. I had to make the bus for the airport at 5.00 and I didn't know if Alex had told Diego of the deadline. We picked up another friend of theirs, a young lady named Majo.

We got there just after midnight. It was a private party and a gentleman checked the guest list. I was worried Alex, Diego, and Majo would be on it, but I wouldn't and I would have to wait outside in the cool wind. I though, "Oh great, one of those loud parties." You could hear the music from outside, and once inside, you could feel it from the inside. Of course, we had to get the table closest to the speakers. I couldn't hear myself think. I had to pass notes to my friends to understand them. I really got to know them a lot better. I think I met them at Alex's party that happened right after I arrived, but I really got to know those two people well. After an hour and a half of listening to that "music" (a few were good tunes, but there are some we could use to torture convicted terrorists) they busted a piñata.

Football

by Bjorgvin

Football (soccer) is a popular sport all over the world and not least in Argentina. That the national team has two times won the world cup and silver medal two times is a great record. Diego Armando Maradona (b. 1960) is for many a fan the greatest football player ever. He was born and raised in Buenos Aires and he grew up with soccer, nicknamed 'El pibe de oro' (the golden boy). His playing career: Argentinos Juniors, Boca Juniors (Argentina), Bareclona (Spain), Napoli (Italy), Seville (Spain), Newell´s Old Boys, Boca Juniors (Argentina), and of course the national team.

Plaza Roberto Arlt

by andal13

Roberto Arlt was a very important Argentinian writer; this square takes his name, and has a very interesting (and strange) sculpture.

Roberto Arlt fue un importante escritor argentino; esta plaza lleva su nombre, y tiene una interesante (y extraña) escultura.

Buenos Aires Designs, Shopping with Color

by mydreamquest about Morph

In this particular shop, there is many colorful glasses, mats, and home decorating items worth considering. This store is located in Buenos Aires Design in the Recoletta district fairly close Avenida Libertador. It's a very short walk from Recoletta Cemetary and has cafes and interesting souvenoirs to buy. I purchased my Yerba Mate cup here. Be sure to purchase a Yerba Mate tea cup. Also, you'll see a lot of colored glasses with unique designs. In all stores in Argentina, I notice that the store clerks always go out of their way to nicely package the items you purchase. It's a unique custom that is more emphasized here than in another other country I've been to. Bring your credit card and don't worry about costs.

Comments