Avenida Cordoba 690, Buenos Aires, Capital Federal District, 1054, Argentina

Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 53% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Average hotel

Booked for 5 nights and confirmed before I left Sydney only to arrive there and they didn't have a room for me. I raised an unmighty hell over it and was then given a room which was an "upgrade" to a king Size bed no less!!!!!!!!! I finally found my confirmation and pointed out that I already had booked a king size bed so just get my room after the long haul, I wasn't in the mood for small talk now. The hotel itself was okay, no decent coffee could be made like flat white(caffe latte) by the staff, the attention of staff was extremely limited as they seemed to think we were bothering them with the exception of 1 or 2 but by the by, all had attitude especially the men. Out of 10, I would rate the hotel as a 5. Also I booked a limo to meet me at the airport which cost like US$160 one way and what turned up, a Ford Focus, yep for US$160 you get a ford focus with a driver who can't speak a work of english!!

Unique Quality: None to mention

Directions: Just off the main shopping street in BA

• SkyKat's Profile Photo

Great Location, rooms and staff

The lobby area was outdated, but we really didn't spend much time in the hotel, and wouldn't have sat there anyway.
    The rooms were great; comfortable beds and a fantastic shower. I've stayed in Sheratons all over the world, and the rooms were on the upper end. We stayed on a club floor, so I'm not sure if all the rooms were the same. We also had our breakfast included which was great. I don't normally stay in 5 star hotels on vacation, but it was very affordable in BA, and a nice treat. The staff was great. Fantastic recommendations and good tips about the city. They also corrected a mistake made by central reservations (who wouldn't fix it themselves).
    If you're looking for a nice place to stay that won't break the bank, I highly recommend the Libertador.

• Shakermaker's Profile Photo

Great Location + Service

As a local I don't have a lot of experience in Buenos Aires hotels.
    However, having worked at a travel agency I do know some good and bad hotels thru the experiences of our customers.
    The Sheraton Libertador Hotel is a great hotel with probably one of the best locations in the city, the corner of Avenida Córdoba and Maipu street.
    The hotel is one block away from Galerias Pacífico and Florida street (pedestrian only street) whici is full of shops (although some are overpriced). Its right in the heart of downtown Buenos Aires.
    As for the hotel itself, it is a standard Sheraton, which means great attention and comfortable beds.
    Definitely recommended.

• WStat's Profile Photo

a good compromise !

Situated on Av Cordoba, just 1 minute from the famous Pedestrian area of Av Florida, the Libertador is a good compromise; less expensive than the somewhat horrible Sheraton Hotel & Convention Center (see my tip !), centrally located and relatively medium-sized. The Libertador offers nice rooms, a good fitness-center with pool on top and good service. Restaurant and Bars relatively small, but convenient.

Unique Quality: Good and convenient hotel, close to many nice restaurants and shopping facilities, near B Aires Business Center

Directions: On Av Cordoba, halfway between Porto Madeiro and Av de 9th Julio

• cjg1's Profile Photo

OK Hotel to just have a room.

The Sheraton Liberator is one of those hotels that you stay in because others are and the location is good. It is not a great hotel in my mind but its good for groups and good in its location. As I’ve stated I prefer to stay in apartments in Recoleta but would use a hotel for a three day or less stay.

The rooms here are pretty basic. The hotel is known for not all the climate controls working in every room. I did enjoy the lobby lounge as we sat here into the morning drinking wine and just chilling.

Unique Quality: The executive club was closed while I was there for renovations. Only three floors had been done so far and honestly don’t look great. But be sure to check on the status of renovations when you stay.

• mrtourne's Profile Photo

Modern, well appointed, great experience

I stayed in this hotel a couple of years back with my partner using Starwood points. First of all the booking was easy and all online (as opposed to Marriott and their little rewards certificates). Arriving at the hotel, we found that we had been upgraded (I was gold with them at the time) and there was a bottle of wine and some cheese waiting for me at my room - a nice touch. The room was very well appointed, with separate bedroom and sitting areas (divided by a cabinet containing a TV that could be swiveled 180 degrees towards both sides - pretty clever). The bathrooms were great and all done in marble. The location is very convenient to all downtown attractions

Unique Quality: Location, great service

Directions: Cordoba and Maipu, 1 block from Florida

• lolitajane's Profile Photo

Sheraton Libertador Hotel

Deluxe room U$S 185 + VAT (21%)

Unique Quality: All the qualities a 5 star hotel has!
    - Eight conference and banqueting meeting rooms
    - Early check in @ 11 am - Late check out @ 4 pm
    - 1 Restaurant and a Lobby Bar (24 hs)
    - Skyline Pool & Health Club
    - Most credit cards accepted

More about Sheraton Libertador Hotel

Sheraton Libertador or Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel and Convention Center?

by mvcato

My wife and I will be visiting staying in BA for a week at the end of February and are debating between staying at:

The Sheraton Libertador
or
The Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel and Convention Center

I am hoping we can receive recommendations between the two. (They seem to be located very close to one another.)

Thank you.

by Porteno

Yes, they are fairly close together. Is there a particular reason you are wanting to stay in either hotel? I ask because there are better choices available. There are many very nice hotels in the same price range in the Recoleta which you might find more inviting than the area around either of the Sheratons. If you are using Starwood Points or an elite member then maybe you have good reason to stay in one of the Sheratons. Otherwise I would recommend checking out the Melia Recoleta Plaza
http://www.solmelia.com/solNew/hoteles/jsp/C_Hotel_Description.jsp?codigoHotel=5951 the Loi Suites Recoleta

I think either of these would prove to offer a better experience than the Sheratons. But to answer your question, the Libertador is directly across the plaza from the Retiro Bus and train terminal and the other is on a rather busy commercial street near the business center.

suerte
SAM

by mvcato

Thank you. Yes, I am using points and am an elite member, so I need to stay at a Sheraton. (I understand that other hotels in different neighbourhoods are more charming.)

Having said that, would you say that the Libertador or the larger Sheraton Hotel and Convention Center is better?

Thank you!

by RicardoBA

The Sheraton Hotel and convention is located on the mall across from the Retiro Train Station and is the best choice of the two Sheratons. The Park tower is attached to this property if you want to spend more points, but they share the same swimming pool.
The Libertador Sheraton is located directly in the Microcenter(Cordoba/Maipu) and not as nice at the other Sheraton even though it has been recently renovated.
I think that's why Sam was confused with the location since the convention center hotel borders on Libertador Street/San Martin.
I would choose the Convention Center Hotel if you are using points.

Comments