Tryp Hotel

Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• KStanz's Profile Photo

Excellent Location - Nice Hotel

When the taxi first pulled up to this hotel I was a little concerned, but once I walked through the lobby I knew everything would be fine. This is a small 28 room hotel one block from Florida. Nice size, clean room with one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in during my visit to BA. (Stayed in 3 hotels) Small hotel equals a small staff but they were very accomodating. I had to switch rooms due to a smoking preference and rather than have me go back to the lobby, they brought the new key to me and took me to the new room. The hotel is very clean, the included breakfast was more than most offer and the 2 computers for internet use were helpful in planning our excursions. This hotel is very secure! New keys were never issued without ID (wish I could say the same for the BA Marriott,) and you must use a key even to get the elevator to take you off your floor to the lobby. Best tip of all, if you have American Airlines miles you can use them to pay for the hotel. I think it is around 18,000 miles per night.

More about Tryp Hotel

Pleasant Stay at Tryp Buenos Aires

by TripAdvisor Member AroundTheWorldInADay

Based upon reviews posted on TripAdvisor.com, two of us chose to stay at the Tryp Buenos Aires for three nights. We are glad that we did.

We had a room with two beds and there was plenty of space for us and our luggage. The room was newer with modern furnishings, including a flat screen TV that has a DVD player in it. The beds were comfortable. Since I had requested a quiet room, we were on the back side of the hotel, and we had no issues with any noise. The windows actually open (which is not always the case at hotels these days). The view was of the parking garage next door, the back of some buildings, etc. The view was nothing special, but I didn't book the hotel for its view so that was not an issue for us. Our room was an adjoining room, but we only heard our neighbor once or twice throughout our stay so no problems with that either. The room had a walk in shower with a glass door. The shower was good -- great water pressure and the water was nice and hot. For our European friends, the bathroom included a bidet in addition to a toilet with a flush button on the side. The mini bar refrigerator was a good place to store our personal water (it does not have those annoying electronic sensors that are prevalent at some hotels).

The front desk staff members were accommodating, allowing us to check-out late on our last day in Buenos Aires. Prior to my arrival, I had trouble with the [--] email address. My email from my Yahoo! account resulted in an error message. The following email address for the Front Office worked just fine: [--]

We arranged a car service through the hotel. The driver from the airport spoke basic English and was delightful. He was waiting for us when we exited customs. It took us awhile to get through customs so we had to pay a little extra since the driver had to wait longer than the standard waiting time, but it was OK. On the drive to the hotel, the driver told us about some of the local area including the July 9 avenue. We also arranged a tour through the hotel on our first day in town. It was a good basic, get acquainted tour in English that took us to several neighborhoods around the city.

As others have mentioned, the breakfast buffet, which was included in my hotel rate, was a good way to start the day. There were assorted breads/pastries, two kinds of meat, eggs, fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, etc. I'm a picky eater, and I could find plenty to eat each morning.

The hotel's location was convenient to Gallerias Pacifico, a nice mall with a food court, culture center and shops, of course. Everything from Timberland to furs inside a one-block indoor mall, complete with doormen to open the door for you. The hotel was also within walking distance to Puerto Madero, where I had an incredible lunch at El Mirasol. On my last day, I found a natural food deli-like place that was good, too.

My one pet peeve was with the hotel's housekeeping in that when I checked in there was no Evian on top of the area with the fridge. There was just the paper hang tag that should've been affixed to a bottle. The first couple days, it stayed that way. On the last day, there was a bottle of Evian, along with a slip charging us something like 22 pesos for a 1 or 1.5 L bottle of Evian that we'd never consumed. To the hotel's credit, they removed the charge with no fuss.

There are definitely more opulent and more expensive places to stay in Buenos Aires; however, if you want nice, newer, clean accommodations at a reasonable cost in a convenient location, the Tryp will suit your needs. To manage your expectations, just remember that it is not in a fabulous waterfront neighborhood like Puerto Madero or on a Parisian-like avenue like some of Recoleta since it is downtown.

Convenient, Clean & Comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member DisneyParis

I have just returned from a 3 night (22-25 May), 4 day visit to Buenos Aires. I found this hotel thanks to TripAdvisor.com, and, as usual, I was not misled. I booked my reservation through the hotel's main website, www.solmelia.com. I even joined their club and will receive points for Delta Skymiles and 2 for 1 breakfasts, when not included in the rate. The chain is based in Spain and was unknown to me until I stumbled onto them, again thanks to TripAdvisor. My original rate was about US $138 + 21% tax per night for 2 adults, in a non-smoking quiet room, including buffet breakfast. (No option w/o breakfast, but when I go to Europe, I will benefit from the 2 for 1 deal) A few weeks before my trip, I emailed the hotel to ask some last minute questions. When they found out where I worked (see my member name for clue), they offered me a Corporate rate of US $115 + tax for the same booking. I made it clear that I was making a pleasure trip and not on a business trip, but they said that I still qualified. This saved me over US $80 for my stay!!! They didn't have to do that so I was already impressed before I arrived. Since this was my first trip to Buenos Aires, I was unsure about transportation from the airport to the hotel and didn't want any headaches after my long flight from Atlanta so I prebooked a service I found online. I probably could have done better since it costs me US $40 and I had to prepay (??) their PayPal account in San Jose, CA, but they were there with a sign with my name so it worked out. The return trip to the airport was 70 pesos or about US $22 and was much quicker on a Sunday afternoon due to Buenos Aires' heavily congested roads during Thursday morning rush hour when I arrived. It took two hours to reach the hotel so the US $40 seemed like a bargain at the time. The hotel is on a one-way street (most streets in downtown BA are 1-way). There are few stop signs and traffic is very interesting-I wouldn't want to drive there. As others have said, you enter next to a parking garage, and the lobby is very simple-few chairs in a small but clean area with view of the street if awaiting pick-up and the front desk with a luggage storage room behind the desk. Once checked in, you use your room key to activate the elevator (a requirement no matter which floor you start from). There were two average sized elevators that were very efficient. Floor "L" is the lobby, and Floor "M" is the one for breakfast and free internet service-there are two computers for which I had to only wait once during breakfast hours-the busy time. Breakfast consists of bacon, sausage links, ham, salami plus many types of sliced fruit as well as whole apples and bananas. Several types of bread and jams along with cereals, yogurts, juices, coffee, tea, hot water, etc. Scrambled eggs on the buffet, but one could order other types (omelets, fried, poached, etc) for no additional charge. We were in Room 208. Even though it was across from the elevator, there was very little noise-some slammed doors one night when party people returning but nothing major. We were in the back corner. A black-out shade provided almost total darkness. View was of parking deck and playground-too low for any good city views but no problem. You had to put your room key in a slot by the door to activate the electricity. The only problem that this caused was the room could be stuffy and very humid on return to room since the air conditioning didn't work while away from the room. The thermostat allowed for a setting as low as 17 degrees Celsius or about 63 Fahrenheit. The first few days, it took forever to cool since it was warm and humid outside. The beds were very comfortable. Two good sized pillows were provided, and there was an option to order a special pillow for no charge, if necessary. Clock radio on table between beds as well as converter outlet for computers or other items. There was a nice flat screen television attached to the wall. Over 70 channels were available. Most were in Spanish, but many shows were in English with subtitles. BBC and CNN as well as a German, Italian, and French channels also included. There were many sports channels, one of which was ESPN so it was possible to watch American sports (NBA playoffs) in Spanish. If you like infomercials and soccer, it seemed that there were dozens of each offered. There was a nice area to hang clothes (about 15 hangers provided) and a few drawers and some shelf space. There was a huge mirror on a sliding door that made either the closet or minibar open (light comes on when closet section was open). I didn't use the mini bar, but prices seemed decent as compared to US or Europe. I did use the refrigerator to cool some soft drinks and water. There was a comfortable chair and ottoman as well as a writing desk and chair. The entrance area was hardwood, but the majority of the room was carpeted. The bathroom was tiled and was very nice and decent size. There was a toilet and bidet plus a sink area and very good sized walk-in shower. The only oddity was that the shower control was on the side wall by the door and not under the shower but again no major issue. Toiletries ( shampoo, soap, hand cream, sewing kit, shower cap, and kleenex) were provided by the hotel. The towels were very nice, especially the two large ones. There was even a hand towel-hard to find in Europe. One block from the hotel on a parallel street was Florida, the main pedestrian mall. The entire town seemed very safe except from pickpockets on the subway-watch the zippers on your backpacks. I bought a 10 ride ticket for less than US $3. It was a toasty ride but very quick and efficient. Many of the locals didn't speak English, and my Spanish is not the best although I speak French and some German so I was able to communicate most of the time. There were two restaurants I really enjoyed: for lunch at Los Portenos, Avenida General Las Heras, 2101, about a block from the cemetery where Evita is buried. I had steak and fries, and my friend had pasta. They had a good lunch variety and the set menu included water and dessert (or coffee). For dinner, I highly recommend El Mirasol, Posadas, 1032 at Av 9 de Julio. Best steak I had in Buenos Aires, and I ate steak several times. For a tango show, I really enjoyed the Complejo. If you make your reservations on line, they pick you up and drop you off at your hotel for no extra charge plus you get a certificate. The tango lesson lasted about 45 minutes and was lots of fun. The dinner was very good for a dinner show, and the house wine was unlimited. There were 3 couples in the show plus an older gentlemen. It was very well done. I met one of the dancers out front after the show, and he was very humble and down to earth. I never had the special Argentine drink, mate, so I will have to return one day. I did visit the Evita museum (they open at 1 most days), but there was so much more I would like to have done away from the city center-so I will return some day, and I plan to stay at the Tryp Buenos Aires for the days that I am in the city. To sum it up, a very delightful place to spend a long weekend and experience a wonderful, proud people and their culture.

Very nice rooms and breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member Bills2pay

We only spent one night at the Tryp but were very pleasantly surprised. The room was top notch, clean and modern with large flat-panel TV and free internet. The breakfast buffet was also terrific. The Tryp is not much to look at from the outside and the lobby is merely functional, but the location near pedestrian shopping streets and downtown restaurants and sights is hard to beat. It was a good deal in the heart of Buenos Aires.

Good Choice for BA

by TripAdvisor Member westphillyboy

Great stay for 5 days in BA. Hotel staff provided great service. They helped arranging taxis, airport transfers and restaurants.
Breakfast was plentiful and very good.
Rooms were the most spacious we had on our South america trip. They were very modern with all the latest amenities.
On arrival I was concerned about safety. We arrived at night and the hotel is on a very dark and isolated street. I was concerned about safety since I was travelling with my wife & young daughters. The hotel had GREAT security and there was always someone outside watching the area. We had no problems even coming back late at night. I was very appreciative though of their visible security.
Florida street (major shopping venue) is around the corner. The Tryp is very close as are many sites, including Puerto Madero. We walked to most sites.
Hotel was close to the Metro stop. Taxis were also very cheap. Our costs usually ran $4-5/ trip.
BA was great and my whole family enjoyed the Tryp.

Great Stay

by TripAdvisor Member tripzzzz

We stayed at the Tryp on three separate occasions during our Argentina trip. The rooms are modern, large and have nice bathrooms. The other reviews are spot on. The best thing about the Tryp is the staff. Extremely friendly and accommodating. The property is well located...close to Florida Street shopping. It's a GREAT value for the money. You can't go wrong with this place!!

A Gem of a Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member atlast5

My husband and I stayed at the Tryp Hotel in July of this year. This hotel is a part of the Sol Melia family of hotels and is categorized more as a business hotel although we were traveling for pleasure. We were very favorably impressed by the Tryp!
This was our first time in Buenos Aires. The hotel is located in Microcenter which means it is central and near most everything tourists would want to see. Just out the hotel door and to the left is a pedestrian-only shopping street and we walked to many other sights, shops and restaurants from the hotel. Our room was very contemporary and comfortable--king-sized bed (they call it queen size but it is American king) was one of the most comfortable I have slept in in a hotel. There was a choice of several kinds of pillows. The flat-screen plasma TV was on the wall in front of the bed. There was an easy chair with ottoman and desk with comfortable chair. There was a mini-bar that they said we could use as a refrigerator. Nice closet with storage and a safe. Bathroom with bidet and shower (great water pressure and hot, too) was well-lit and had very nice amenities. There was one big window but unfortunately the view was to the office building across the street BUT the black-out shades were nice in the morning to keep out the sunlight!
The buffet breakfast was included with the room charge and was really good. There were scrambled eggs or you could order eggs any way you wanted them. There was bacon, sausage, juices, milk, cereal, oatmeal, many breads and pastries, fresh fruit and good coffee. Wait staff was courteous and efficient.
There were two computers available for guest use--free of charge. I think the rooms had wi-fi but we didn't bring a computer of our own.
The hotel staff was one of the biggest positives about the property. There was always someone at the desk who spoke excellent English. All were courteous and willing to help with any questions or requests. My husband's birthday was on the second day of our stay. When we returned to our room in the afternoon after much walking and touring, there were two small cakes and a "Happy Birthday from the Tryp Hotel" card on the desk. We looked at each other and said "How did they know?" But we finally realized that they had taken note of his birthday when they made a copy of our passports at check-in.
The only negative that occurred on the whole trip was with a taxi. All the tourist information I read said to be careful of the taxis and being overcharged and that the best way was to have your hotel call a taxi for you. We did this several times but one of these times was on a Sunday and we were going to the restaurant Cabana Las Lilas. The taxi had a meter and we got out and prepared to pay the charge on the meter but the driver said there was a surcharge (I have forgotten the amount, but it wasn't much maybe equal to a dollar or two.) We were told that these Radio taxis charge by the meter and that is why you only take those taxis. So we argued and I pulled out all the Spanish that I knew and my husband even called over a couple of policemen. Meanwhile the taxi driver got on his phone and called someone. So I just said pay it because I didn't want to get hauled off to jail or in a fight over a small amount of money. When we returned to the hotel, the front desk staff knew about it because the taxi driver had called them. They were very apologetic and said they did not understand why the taxi driver had charged more than the meter and that they were going to report it to their manager and the taxi company. But we didn't pursue it anymore and just walked or took the subway (subte) the rest of the time except for the taxi that the hotel called to take us to the airport. No problems with it.
We probably will visit Buenos Aires again and if we do we DEFINITELY will stay at the Tryp Hotel.

High TripAdvisor Rating is well deserved.

by TripAdvisor Member Davidicus

The Tryp hotel in Bs. As. has everything that a traveller could reasonably want and at a reasonable price.
It postion at the geogaphic middle zone of the city off Corrientes near the Oblisique is excellent. We found we could walk easily to all the sites a good tourist must see.
The building is clean, modern and well maintained. It is airconditioned. There is very good hotel security in a safe area of town.
We found the staff's English to be adequate and them to be both well informed and helpful.
The ability to black out the daylight 100% in the bedrooms was much appreciated when we arrived after an overnight flight.
The breakfast buffet abundant and has variety. No problems at all.

Great hotel!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member OC_Adventurer

Very nice sized bathroom compared to other hotels we stayed at in S. America. Lot's of American TV channels was a big plus. The staff was very attentive and helpful and we never felt rushed when we had many questions. Has good internet in the room and a good bed. Great central location.

Great Value For Your Money

by TripAdvisor Member SimplyGourmet

We just got back from our Argentine honeymoon and had the pleasure of staying at Tryp. The outside is pretty simple and it has a rather small lobby. However, the rooms are large, clean and modern. The staff are extremely nice and helpful. The location is also great as it pretty close to all the exciting sights. Breakfast is included and it also has two computers for internet for guest to use.
I would definitely stay here again.

Comments