Montaneses 2585, Buenos Aires, Capital Federal District, C1428AQO, Argentina

Costs 23% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Buenos Aires

Avenida de 9 JulioAvenida de 9 Julio

Dining RoomDining Room

View from the plane just before landing...View from the plane just before landing...

tangotango

What area to stay in BA and Apartment Rental Company Recommendations

by cksd

I am going to South America for 3 weeks and will finish the trip in Buenos Aires. I thought I might rent an apartment for the last week of our trip.

We are considering Recoleta, Palermo Hollywood and Palermo Soho. We are looking for an area which is fun, trendy in a bohemium way. Any feedback on the differences between the areas? Are they all safe? I am a runner and would like to be close to good running parks.

As well, any recommendations on companies to use? I have seen good reviews on a company called apartmentsba.com. Anyone else out there I should be considering?

Cheryl

Re: What area to stay in BA and Apartment Rental Company Recommendations

by thetcheese

These are safe areas as I was there a year and a half ago. For one week you may prefer to stay other than booking for one week if perhaps you dont like the place. The Hotel Cosa Rica is a nice safe location or perhaps save some money and stay at the SOHO Hostel on Nicuargua Ave. I too am planning a return trip here and this is where I probably will stay myself. Any leather purchases would be well done at perhaps outlet del cuero on Murillo ave, as this strip is known for its fine wares
Cheers enjoy your trip!!
Tom

Re: What area to stay in BA and Apartment Rental Company Recommendations

by argebarge

You will love Buenos Aires. It is such a cool city. Depends what you are looking for but Recoleta is not bohemian - it is older and classic. Palermo Hollywood and Soho are probably best for you.

I found them safe so long as you are in the middle of them and obviously careful about not flashing expensive watches or cameras. There are parks close to both parts of Palermo and one big one with a running track.

Have a look at www.oasisluxuryrentals.com - that is who we used, I think they are also Oasis BA. The girls in the office were really helpful and organized, the house was amazing and you get a great concierge service with it.

Have a great time

Travel Tips for Buenos Aires

just go for a walk in Puerto Madero

by luzmaria

walking in Puerto Madero is a nice thing to do both at night or during the day. amazingly it s very safe even at night, and there are discos, restaurants, icecream parlours and many shops to see and enjoy while you smell the river air surrounded by the nature of the "reserva ecologica" that is not far from there.

CLEANESS IN ARGENTINA

by RafaelTheSecond

you can notice how perfect is the cleaness of the cities of Buenos Aires when you travel through the little provinces, San Isidro is exactly like it....they are perfect...even in teh capital, during the day, it is absolutely clean, but at night unfortunately the paper collectors..they collect papers for recycling..it that right my spelling??anyway, i guess you understand!

And this is the front of the very charming station of the Tren de La Costa!

SEPTEMBER 2005 - FIRST WEEK

Tango Everywhere....

by cjg1

Everywhere you go in Buenos Aires there is someone performing Tango on the street. Crowds gather, the music play, the dancers put on their show in full dance regalia...... If you stop to watch; then stop and throw some coins...it's only polite.

Wild Zoo in Lujan

by cadiana88

It's not a common Zoo. Here you can enter into the cages and touch lions, tigers, etc.
Recommended to go with children.
It is located close to Lujan city, 60 kilometers from Buenos Aires.
Go on Saturday or Sunday early in the morning, if the day is sunny in the afternoon is overcrowded.

Clona

by Gypsystravels about Clona

We had passed this store many times to and from our hotel and I deciced I would walk in when I was ready to do some shopping to pick up a pair of sandals for Kristara.

Because it was summer in Buenos Aires, everyone was wearing sandals and open toe shoes, and I happen to see all the young girls with these new gladiator style sandals which wrapped around the ankle in all sorts of colors.

The store had some sort of sale going on and the color and sizes where limited, but I spotted a nice pair of silver sandals that I thought Kristara would love and decided to check them out.

I walked in the store and the sales guy was very friendly, he told me which colors he had in her size and brought them all out for me to see which I wanted.

I decided on a nice pair of silver thong, ankle wrap for Kristara and a pair of aqua blue for me. I also found a really nice size leather messenger bag for walking around the city. I purchased two pair of sandals at $79 pesos and my bag was $109 pesos, a total bargain.

Comments