Zentrum Hostel Boutique

Costa Rica 4520, Palermo Soho, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Buenos Aires

Old Name - Same Great RestaurantOld Name - Same Great Restaurant

The boulevard and the Obelisco in the foregroundThe boulevard and the Obelisco in the foreground

San Telmo, Buenos Aires, ArgentinaSan Telmo, Buenos Aires, Argentina

the famous BOMBONERA stadiumthe famous BOMBONERA stadium

One on One Spanish lessons in BA

by speckle

My husband and I are looking for a private tutor to teach us some Spanish while we are in Buenos Aires (2 months Mar/Apr)

Can anyone put us in touch with someone and/or let us know how much we are likely to spend per hour. We would be looking at 4-6 hours a week over the 2 months.

Thanks in advance!

Sarah

by Porteno

Daniel Fernandez is very good and here is his web site but you would need to ask him his current rate

suerte
SAM

by Kajsak

Hi,
I have studied Spanish at Verbum school and liked it very much. My teachers were very good and the staff helpful.
They offer one-on-one as well as group courses. Check the prices at their website www.verbum.biz

Good luck!
Kajsa

by world_citizen

Hi,

I'd recommend contacting www.cactuslanguage.com as they seem to be World experts on Language learning. They sorted out great Spanish for me at a good price in Costa Rica and I they can do programs in Argentina too.

A

by sudamtraveler

Hi I am currently studying at Amauta in Cusco Peru where you can take group lessons or one to one tutoring with the assurance that the teachers are experienced and well qualified. I have spoken to some students that have also studied with Amauta Spanish school In BA and have been very happy with the school and teachers. You can check them out on their website:
www.amautaspanishschool.com

Travel Tips for Buenos Aires

see the Avenida 9 de Julio....

by Ramonq

see the Avenida 9 de Julio. The world's widest street. Especially recommended is to hang around some of the great cafes around the Obelisk and watch the world go by. Bs As is Paris Down under!! Being invited to dance with a lovely lady at a tango bar. The bar was at San Telmo and it was in a working class hangout. She was gracious and very patient with me ;)

Drink "mate" at a park!

by luzmaria

Argentinians are very friendly people who value friendship quite highly. So they -we- spend many Saturday or Sundays afternoons with their -our- friends having mate at a sunny park.

If you re friendly enough to have some local invite you on such outings, you must take with you cookies or bizcochos or facturas -pastries- or alfajores (like my vt friend Mcdomanski did).

Enjoy!!!

Digital Camera with a Movie Function

by goshawk301

This belongs to a "well, duh" category, but I didn't realize how useful the MPEG movie function of my Sony digital camera was, until we went to Feria de Mataderos and I took a short movie of people folk-dancing. It captured the movement and the sound, and the atmosphere, remarkably well.

Buenos Aires seems very rich in subjects for such a movie; I wished I had captured a tango performance in Galerias Pacifico, a street musician in the San Telmo Antiques Fair....

Of course, a full-fledged video camera would be able to capture more, but a still camera would be more discreet (hence less noticeable by theives, etc.) and versatile.

I have downloaded that movie but haven't erased it from my camera. I play it from time to time on my camera for memories!

Banco Frances-Optician building

by Dabs

You'll have to enlarge the picture to see why I've included this as a tip, I loved the detail on this 1920s building that once was home to an optician. The detail includes bronze eyeglasses and beautiful maidens

This was stop #7 on the Calle Florida walk listed in Frommers, located on Calle Florida between Sarmiento and Tte. Gral. JD Peron.

Small gifts and trinkets for those back home

by Gypsystravels about Calle Florida (Florida street)

A few years ago I stopped buying these small trinkets for loved ones back home, but I do usually buy a t-shirt for Leo and a small jewelry box for Kristara as well as a fridge magnet for myself.

I searched high and low looking for the jewelry box and finally found a really nice one at a shop here on Florida Street. I'm not sure the name of the shop, but it was in a small shopping center like street.

I picked up the jewelry box pictured below for about $10 pesos. The box is made of leather with tango dancers and Argentina on the cover. A leather jewelry box for about $10 pesos. Quite reasonable, I paid $10 pesos for the jewelry box.

Comments