WELCOME TO "LA CIUDAD FELIZ"
Mar del Plata's Atlantic coastline stretches over 29 miles and represents the perfect combination between metropolis and nature.
Tourist equipment and infrastructure are excellent and constantly evolving.
Mar del Plata assures there's something going on every week of the year.
Mar del Plata is located 404 km (251 miles) south-east of Buenos Aires on the Atlantic coastline.
47 km (29 miles)
Temperate with maritime influences
8º C - 46.4º F (winter) / 20º C - 68º F (summer)
6.000.000 visitors per year
Argentina’s 2nd Destination for Congresses and Conventions after Buenos Aires
"Highlights of the city"
* Closeness to Buenos Aires (251 miles/404 kilometres)
* Travel is hassle free
* The city is the perfect combination between metropolis and nature
* Tourist equipment and infrastructure positioned the city as the main destination for
* Congresses and Conventions after Buenos Aires
* The city has the reputation as one of the country's best gastronomic centres
* Sports Facilities are excellent whether visitors want to take part, or just want to watch
* The city assures there's something going on every week of the year
* A wide variety of shops selling merchandise in every price range such as woollen fabrics, leather
clothes and accessories, jewels, perfumes, among other products.
* Other options the city offers are: shopping malls, theme parks, museums, and the typical “estancias” where visitors get in contact with the Pampas and discover Argentina’s traditional background.
* When it comes to nightlife, visitors have a wide range of choices for all ages and tastes: casinos, bingo halls, clubs, pubs, theatres and many more.
"How to get to Mar del Plata"
Car or coach:
Motorway 2: 404 km / 251 miles
Route 11: 602 km / 374 miles
Route 226: 441 / 274 miles
Rail: 5 hours 30 minutes
Plane: 45 minutes
The airport is situated only ten minutes from downtown. Three airlines operate different national destinations with more than sixty weekly flights that increase during summer season.
Rail traffic reaches almost six arrivals per day. Buenos Aires is about five hours by train
A four hour trip by car connects the capital city with Mar del Plata through a modern and safe motorway (404 km/251 miles). Three roads (11 - 88 - 226) also link the city with Buenos Aires.
More than fifty coach companies link the city with the rest of the country. The journey from Buenos Aires lasts approximately 5 hours.