Rincon del Valle

sinequanon's Profile Photo

A Home away from Home

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 26, 2007

This is a real discovery!!!

A great colourful home with three rooms to offer with en-suite bathrooms. It is outside the busy city center of Jujuy with great views to the green mountains opposite. Pablo the owner and his wife Andrea are wonderful and make you feel at home right away.

Built with natural materials, stone and lots of wood and painted wonderful warm colours. With an eye for detail the owners have created a real heaven of a place for the traveller. The house has a lovely patio with a garden where one can take breakfast with home made bread and marmalade.

A double room with en-suite bathroom 20 Euros, a single with en-suite bathroom 13 Euros. There is a room that can be used as a triple or quadruple.

Pedro will also pick you up and drop you at the bus station with his own car which is very convenient.

Unique Quality: I must be really lucky because how else would I find this place? As I had enough of fighting with the mosquitoes in Galilegua National Park and after being bitten to death (I do not think there is one single spot on my body that has not been bitten) I decided to leave for Jujuy in the afternoon. At the entrance of the park two young men were patiently waiting for the local bus in the afternoon heat and humidity. I asked them if they wanted a lift and in they came. They were also going to Jujuy. As it turned out we were all interested in birds, flowers and nature and connected right away. When I asked them where they stayed, the said that they lived in a wonderful place and they were going to ask the owner whether there was a spare room for me. As it turned out there was! That is how I ended up at this magical place which I truly recommend to anyone who visits Jujuy.

If you visit please tell them you found this in virtual tourist.

Directions: On the outskirts of Jujuy but just 5 min from the city centre by car, and 30 min walking. Taxis cost 4 pesos, (1 Euro).

5 Photos of Rincon del Valle

View Professional Photos

San Salvador de Jujuy Travel Forum

Need advice about San Salvador de Jujuy, Argentina? Visit the Travel Forum for San Salvador de Jujuy and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest San Salvador de Jujuy hotel reviews