We found a good, family run hotel for our stay in Tilcara at Hospidaje Jatun Mayu, close to the entrance to the town.
It was a little more expensive than we had been acustomed to paying in Argentina, at 80 pesos for a double, but it was worth it for the huge room, the views of the mountains, and the excellent breakfast, with the best coffee I've had so far on the trip. The family were very friendly, especially the lady running the place, and we felt very much at home here were sad to leave after 4 days.
- Rooms are in separate cosy rustic houses with its own kitchen and toilet facilities, so it is like living at home and you get to know your house-mates really well.
- Dining / Breakfast room has SPECTACULAR view of the surrounding mountains along Quebrada de Humahuaca
- Kitchen is huge and toilet is really pretty and clean
- Nice courtyard to sun yourself and admire the mountains
- Beds are super comfortable
- Owners are TERRIFIC!
- Tranquil and you feel like you are right there with nature
- Lockers are available
- Quite a hike away, that's why in turn, you get a fantastic view
Dorms : 12 Arg Pesos (2003)
the best is the attention of the staff, they re so nice!! they re great!
for those who don t want to go back to san salvador de jujuy or purmamarca but are adventurous and would rather stay in Tilcara, this place has a restaurant and even tv as well as of course, a unique view.
Bucky and his wife are increadible friendly owners of this hostel, which is also their home. Even though my spanish is poor and their english non-existant they treated my like a brother. Never have I felt such a part of a family as here.
They always made me feel comfortable. They asked me to join them for dinner and wine and never expected me to pay.
Warm Friendly Place
Laundry washing facilites
30 meteres from town center
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful