Casa Pueblo Hostel

Carlos Pellegrini 377, Guaymallen, Argentina

Casa Pueblo Hostel
Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

• Best hostel, large kitchen and clean bathrooms!!

I stayed in this hostel after an extremely long ride from Salta. Let me tell you something: it's great!! The new owners Vasiley and Jael are extremely helpful and fun. They immediately introduced me to some other guests since I was traveling solo. I stayed in a dorm, which had been recently painted and got a new mattress, so I can't complain. The hostel is very cozy, it has a good atmosphere and people are very friendly. Breakfast is included, with coffee, assorted teas, milk, cookies and apples. It misses eggs, but the kitchen is large and available to cook. Apparently you can't smoke in the hostel anymore, as they say "owners changed, rules changed" but you can smoke at the entrance which is fun to check out the street performers in the square opposite to the hostel. I totally recommend it to relax and make new friends!!!

Unique Quality: Great location: very close to the bus terminal and 24/7 gas station next to it which sells ready to eat food!!
    Clean bathrooms!!
    BBQ grill
    Free WI-FI and free computer with printer.
    Appropriate size dorms

Directions: 300 meters from the bus terminal or less than 5 USD taxi.
    It's Pellegrini and Bandera de los Andes, opposite to San Jose square.

• Smokers Rule

I made my reservations in advance from the US via email. That went smoothly and the ride from the airport was very reasonable, $7US. I paid in advance for a month and got the private room which was supposed to have a private bath shared only with the other private room as per email information for the owner. This turned out NOT to be true. The bathroom was shared by the whole hostel. It has a shower that showers the toilet and toilet paper, an interesting arrangement to say the least. Well what do I expect for $250US for the month? I do expect clean air which is not something you will find at Casa Pueblo. Smokers are allowed to smoke anywhere they please including the kitchen. I talked to the owners about this and apparently it is a personal decision despite the fact that Argentina passed a law prohibiting smoking in public places indoors. Apparently hostels are excluded. Aside from that my private room was quiet and secluded, very nice, when cigarette smoke wasn't coming through my window. Plus the pot smokers liked to smoke on the patio so I also got to smell that as well. The breakfast falls short of what is advertised on their website. You get pastries, coffee or tea, not the fruit, yogurt and cereal shown on the website. The location is excellent just a short distance from the intercity bus terminal. The hostel is very busy though, probably because the price is very reasonable. I left 3 weeks into my stay, as I couldn't stand the city anymore.

Unique Quality: Smoking is allowed throughout the facility. Non-smokers beware.

Directions: A short distance from the intercity bus terminal

• trek06's Profile Photo

CasaPueblo Hostel in Mendoza

Casa Pueblo Hostel is an excellent hostel, located only 3 blocks from the Bus Terminal in Mendoza. For 3 months in summer their is an excellent outdoor pool located a block away from the hostel. Admission for the day (multiple entry)to the pool is 5 pesos. It's a great place to cool down during the heat of the day in Mendoza.

• stripeykelly's Profile Photo

Mendoza´s Warmest Hostel

A wonderful warm and friendly welcome at this hostel, which is frequented by returnees, always a good sign. Brightly coloured with a comfortable communual area, good kitchen, fantastic breakfast and comfy beds. Only a short walk from the bus station, it is a 20-30min walk into the town centre, but it is worth it. The petrol station next door is handy for snacks and drinks. The owners of the hostel are especially helpful, and are willing to give any information and make you tea whenever - always a good thing.

Unique Quality: Great communual area and friendly owners.

Directions: Located on the 1st plaza from the bus station away from the centre of town

• papertiger1986's Profile Photo

A Home Away From Home

Casa Pueblo was the last hostel that a friend and I stayed in during our month in Argentina. We highly recommend Casa Pueblo to all travellers seeking a place that is more home-like. In the mornings they serve you coffee and pastries and will always ask you how you're doing. They are very attentive and are always ready to answer any question you might have about Mendoza. To me, this is special because after being away for quite awhile, one starts to miss family. Being around Casa Pueblo's family was a wonderful substitute!

The facilities were always well kept but, since it is relatively new, I think they skimp a little on the comfortable beds. What they lack in comfort they make up with personality! The price is very low and well worth it.

Directions: Just a few blocks from the Omnibus Terminal.

• Trekki's Profile Photo

Mendoza's very best Hostel

Ok, this is one of the beautiful things which happen in VT.
    When I was looking for accomodation in Mendoza, I found Antonin's recommendation about Casa Pueblo Hostal. He mentioned that he intended only to stay there for 1 day but stayed there 1 week.

I called the owners, told them when I would come (including the bus company). They picked me up, but we missed each other, as my bus was delayed and I did not expect a pick-up.
    I was exhausted from the trip, got a coffee and tea and medialunas (yummie), and my bed.

My intended 3 days have been extended to 2,5 weeks, and this only because I had an appointment in the south.

Goodbye at the bus terminal was very wet, Claudia, Daniel and Lucia brought me to the bus and we cried much :-)

Unique Quality: Ok, facilities:
    it is exactly as they describe on their website. They prefer a very personal atmosphere, taking individual care of the guests. Both Claudia and Daniel have a good feeling of knowing what the guests want.
    If you have any question on restaurants, outdoor activities, other trips (like to the wineries) - they will give you the best advice.

The rooms are wonderful, as is the whole house, the painting makes also a lot of the atmosphere.
    Bathrooms are always (and I mean ALWAYS) clean, as soon as someone took a shower, they wipe after.
    Meals are excellent, breakfast is wonderful, real coffee (and not instant coffee).
    And in quiet phases, I liked to sit in the patio - Claudia always said "a la playa" :-)
    Oh, and they have vouchers for a swimming pool nearby, for only 3 Pesos a day.

What else ?
    It is my second home, and I miss every second I was there.

(and I am not getting payed for wrting this :-)

!!! Casa Pueblo does have a new website (ending with .com).
    I have corrected it, and hope, @osebudtin also will correct it. His and my tip are for the same Hostel !

Directions: 3 blocks away from the main bus terminal in Mendoza - watch for Claudia or Daniel at the bus terminal - they are usually there to pick up the people :-)

• rosebudtonin's Profile Photo

Friendly and cheap hostel in Mendoza

At the beginning I planned to stay 1 night in this hostel ... It is a hostel owned by a very friendly family, it is very cheap, i could spoke castellano every day with the different members of the family. I ate different typical meals everyday made by the lady of the family.
    and finally i stayed 3 weeks there.

Unique Quality: It is a very nice building, a nice decoration, a patio to make bbq, a bar with cheap beers and pizzas, some live music, in a popular district 5 minutes walking from the city center

Directions: 300 meters from the bus terminal