Tierra Mendocina

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Mendoza

Christian at the restaurantChristian at the restaurant

lets start making wine!lets start making wine!

acuarioacuario

My parents & myselfMy parents & myself

Where can I buy a ticket to travel from Mendoza to Buenos Aires for $150?

by vitaila

I've been looking for prices in Aereolineas Argentinas and trips are over $300. How can I get a better deal (airpass not been an option for me)?

by nomad7890

Did you try LAN? (I flew AA ...)

by vtveen

What do you mean with $ 150: USD or Arg. pesos ??

by nomad7890

I did not check fares w/LAN, I only posted it because apparently there were some issues with AA some time back and many people started using LAN - I heard this from an Argentinian couple I had lunch with. The thought was that they could have better fares because they are more popular within the country.

Checked into buses?

by vtveen

Buses (17 hours from Bs As to Mendoza) are from about 150 pesos.
See for schedules and fares: www.omnilineas.com

Travel Tips for Mendoza

Drive up the big hill on the...

by Pasquali

Drive up the big hill on the outskirts of the city. It's a dirt 4WD track but definitely worth the ride. The view up there is beautiful. Wineries, people, ambience....and the Andes always close by..
The drive through the Andes from Chile...breathaking, close to a dream.

Los Penitentes

by sof76

Tiene un perfil más familiar que Las Leñas.
Ubicación: A 165 kilómetros de la ciudad de Mendoza.
Características y servicios: Son 28 pistas que abarcan 25.500 metros. Se practica esquí alpino, nórdico, de competición y extremo. En snowboard se puede elegir entre free-style, freeride y extremo. Hay una academia de esquí y snowboard y se pueden alquilar y comprar equipos. Existe una guardería infantil.Todos los sábados, durante la temporada invernal, se realiza la Bajada de Antorchas. El lugar cuenta con hosterías, departamentos en alquiler y refugios con baño compartido. A la noche se puede disfrutar de bares y de una discoteca.

Fancy Dining

by Bwana_Brown about Azafran

After our all-day trip up into the Andes mountains and back to Mendoza again, it was past 9 PM before we had cleaned up and then walked back to the main downtown restaurant area. We decided to follow Victor's advice again, and took a side-walk table at the Azafran international restaurant, located almost next door to the Fagundo restaurant where we had eaten the night before. It was quiet when we arrived, but it gradually filled up to capacity by the time we had finished our meal. The Azafran has an English menu and English-speaking waiters, so our task of deciding what to eat was made easier! Sue wanted something light and found an Intermediate dish between the Starter and Main courses. It turned out to be a delicious Patagonian Trout with potatoe saffron pie (A12), accompanied by a glass of Dona Paula Sauvignon Blanc. As for me, I went with fish as well, ordering Grilled Salmon with Green Pea puree and Tomato Tartare (A19). With a starter bottle of Stella Artois beer and a glass of La Celio Malbec 2002 wine with my meal, the total cost of our meal came to A54 (US$20). It was another great dining experience in Argentina!

MENDOZA : CALLE SARMIENTO

by swesn

This is a wonderful pedestrian promenade lined with chic boutiques, al fresco cafes and pastry shops and ice-cream parlours.

The promenade is linked to Plaza Independencia and together form the centre of Mendoza. There are even some outdoor performances in the weekend.

Plaza Independencia

by Gaspar&Floppy

It's the heart of Mendoza after 1861's earthquake, a beautiful plaza to enjoy, watch street shows, lay under the sun and buying souvenirs.
This square has another 4 squares at the same distance of it (Spain, Italy, CHile and San Martin) the reason of this was that after 1861's earthquake, people would gather in the squares as evacuation zone after a new earthquake.

Comments