Parque Nacional del Iguazù Hotels

Our Members Say

• fred98115 profile photo fred98115
  • Reviews: 161

Iguazu Falls National Park Hotel: First-rate hotel

We stayed two nights on an extension to a cruise disembarking in Buenos Aires. The stay here was completely self-contained, that is, we ate, slept and played here. Since it is in the Iguazu Falls National Park, we could walk the trails and take the people train to the falls without extra cost. Service was wonderful, for example, the second day there was a tropical downpour which completely soaked us. In the late afternoon, the staff took our soaked clothes and dried them. One eccentricity: the electricity was spotty, with some outages for a few minutes now and then. Since it is a hotel with two or three floors, we opted for the stairs most of the time.

We had a view of the falls from our balcony.

• Related to: Hiking and Walking, Photography, National/State Park
  • Written May 16, 2013
Tip Photo

View from our balcony at sunset

• Gypsystravels profile photo Gypsystravels
  • Reviews: 3266

Sheraton Iguazu Falls: Falls Views from our room

There is only one hotel inside the park and the Sheraton Iguazu Falls is it. The hotel is quite nice looking but main reason you want to stay here is for the accesibilty to the park and the fantastic views you have with a Falls View Room.

We totally loved our room and althought they couldn't accommodate us with a king room (the hotel was completely booked), we did enjoy a beautiful fall view room. The bed was very comfortable with nice sheets and covers. The room had a nice small table with two chairs and complimentary fruits upon our arrival.

The hotel also has a wondeful swiming pool which we took advantage of on our first day's arrival, a great spa, lobbly lounge, some shops, a wonderful restaurant and great staff.

Another great added advantage to this hotel is that is it located inside the park so you only pay the entrance fee to the park once and you can enjoy it as long as you are staying here, so you won't have to dig in your pocket to pay again.

The highlight of our stay was of course the balcony where we enjoyed breakfast one morning while gazing out to the falls in the distance.

The views of the falls is the top reason why anyone would stay here. Our room, a double was quite comfortable with all the amenities you want in a hotel, the bed and bedding allowed us a very comfortable night's sleep.

The pool was amazing, the water was perfect especially on a hot day. The restaurant although a bit pricey was quite nice and we have to complete the staff, which were quite nice and very accommodating as they feverishly tried their hardest to secure us a King room (albeit, something they were unable to do).

I would definitely stay here again, and you

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: National/State Park, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Luxury Travel
  • Written March 14, 2009

View from our balcony

• cjg1 profile photo cjg1
  • Reviews: 5413

Sheraton Iguazu: The Best Bet Here

There is so much to say about this hotel. First off let me open with it is 30 years old and is showing its age. Do not come here expecting 5 star luxury and a perfectly put together hotel. The real winner and why you want to come here is because of the view and how they treat SPG members.

From the moment you exit the taxi upon arrival there are people there offering you excellent service. Your bags will be taken by the bellhops and they will lead you to the check in counter. Here you’ll be welcomed by what seemed to average four members of the staff including a very visible manager as well as your first view of the falls.

As I am only SPG gold right now I booked the cheapest falls view room I could for our first paid night. Marcela who checked us in told us our room wasn’t quite ready yet but we could take our bags up and leave them there and in less than 20 minutes the housekeeping staff would be done. She seemed very happy to be giving us room 350. And we were very happy she did.

After sorting out our two reservations and getting us squared away our bellhop took us up to the 3rd floor, the top, and showed us our room just far enough from the elevators to be quiet but close enough to be close. The room itself was much more basic than I thought it would be but I do believe it to be one of the better rooms in the hotel.

As you walk into the room the door was on the left side of the end wall. This allows the bathroom to open up on your right and the room behind it to open to the right and out to the balcony. It appeared that every room in the hotel has a balcony and that some on the 2nd or 1st floor had LARGE balconies that extended out over the banquet hall. Complete with a large king bed and a chair or two the room was sparse but functional. Stone tile floors as are very typical in the warmer climates. But as we said before, oh the view!

This is the ultimate in location as the hotel is located inside the National Park. The trails run right out of the back of the hotel and you’re into the jungle near the falls immediately. Complete with signs about the illegality of feeding the monkeys.

The hotel restaurants and bars as well as the spa and other facilities are covered by specific tips.

I will be very hard pressed to stay anywhere else when I come back to the falls.

• Written September 8, 2008

Room 350, our bed

• mindcrime profile photo mindcrime
  • Reviews: 2825

Sheraton Hotel: the only hotel within the park

If you’re not a backpacker and have some more money to spend you can stay at Sheraton hotel that is located inside the park! I guess it must be nice to stay here, it’s a luxury hotel anyway and gives you the opportunity to walk the park under moonlight! My hostel in Puerto Iguazu costed only 6 euros per night so there wasn’t any dilemma for me… :)

pool, gym, restaurants, tennis courts...

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written April 30, 2008
Tip Photo

the ugly building of a luxury hotel

• MariaK profile photo MariaK
  • Reviews: 68

Cataratas Hotel Iguazu Falls: Spacy and relaxing

I had to close the door of the bathroom at night, for there was a party at the hotel disco, and the music was reaching my room via the ventilation system (it was ok when I closed it). Also, at the beginning I was happy to see an ATM in the lobby, but it turned out it was not working.

The breakfast was good and also the dinner buffet - many courses to choose from, I tried a piranha fish which, although nicely cooked, tasted like straw. But I think it had to do with the fish kind, ok, so I tried it, a new experience - I found compensation to all the other plates (many) that I could choose from.

After all the hotels in the middle of big cities I had recently stayed in, this was an oasis - plenty of space, a beautiful reception lobby, cosy bar, nice restaurants, fountains in front of the ground floor rooms, large pools, space!

My (single) room could easily accommodate 4 people - see pic. Big room, nicely furnished, did not give this cold taste of a hotel. The bathroom quite large.

It's in the forest, in the national park, a short distance of the falls. Beautiful hotel, I enjoyed my short stay there.

Nice live music by a piano and a Paraguayan harp was accompanying our dinner and later our drink in the lobby bar.

I bought t-shirts from the hotel boutique where a very patient lady helped me choose for me and my family - it was the first time I shopped souvenirs in a hotel (there's always a first time), ok, I know, it's more expensive, but I had no more time in Brazil and I had to buy something to remember! Everything was of good quality.

• Related to: Women's Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written April 21, 2008
Tip Photo

A single room (the bathroom is big as well)

• flyfreak profile photo flyfreak
  • Reviews: 152

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Internacional (Sheraton): Falling asleep with the sound of the falls ...

There are only two 5* hotels in the area of the Iguazu falls with, of course, amazing views. One is the Hotel Internacional (Sheraton) on the Argentinian side and the other one on the Brasilian side which, from the outside, looks nicer than the hotel Internacional.
When we were at the Hotel Internacional in 1996, the hotel was for me more 4star regarding amenities and service (they were very friendly and somehow not).

The location. You fall asleep with the sound of the cataratas, and they wake you up. You look out the window from your bed and you see the falls. You can walk the trails at any time of the day which is phantastic. We spent 3 nights at the hotel (which is in the middle of the parque nacional de Iguazu - you have to pay the park fee when you take the taxi to the hotel) and never got bored. If you want to spend more time at the falls, then one of these hotels is worth spending the money. Maybe the Brasilian hotel is nicer, I don't know, I did not go inside, I only liked it more from the outside ...

• Written September 12, 2007

• punkpin profile photo punkpin
  • Reviews: 77

Sheraton Internacional Iguazú Resort: Best location

This hotel is the nicest in the area, although it is only okay. However, you cannot beat the location, as it is the only hotel inside the park. If you only have a day or two to explore the falls, this is where you should stay.

• Written April 3, 2007

• Maggies profile photo Maggies
  • Reviews: 1100

Hostelería la Cabaña: Iguazu's Best

This was the nicest hostel I stayed in travelling around Argentina. The service (the hostel´s owners) was excellent, the pool and its surroundings were charming, the breakfast was delicious, and the price was very resonable. The location is also very convinient, between the Iguazú center and Tres Fronteras.
It was 70 pesos for a double room.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: National/State Park, Jungle and Rain Forest, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written February 16, 2007

Hosteler��a la Caba��a

• Ash59 profile photo Ash59
  • Reviews: 491

Sheraton Iguazu resort & spa: The only hotel in Iguazu National Park

This Sheraton is right in the Iguazu National Park and allows superb views of the falls, along with good service and food. The walk from the hotel to the nearest falls is about 20 minutes but that is a lot better than traveling in from the nearest town. Besides which, once you walked the falls, it was absolute bliss to be able to walk back into the air-conditioned hotel!

We paid for a room with a falls view and it was well worth it. It cost an extra $50 on top the normal price of the room but to get up at sunrise and see the mist glow pink and slowly burn off was majical. We also got a thunderstorm one evening and watching the falls light up with the lightneing strikes was something to behold. Unfortunately, I did not manage to get any pictures of this spectacular display but it is something that I will never forget.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Jungle and Rain Forest, National/State Park, Spa and Resort
  • Written November 19, 2006

Sheraton hotel

• mvtouring profile photo mvtouring
  • Reviews: 3932

Hotel Cataratas

Fantastic place to stay at. Bit out of town, but offers everything you could ask for ......... swimming pool, jaccuzi, gym, games room, family restaurant, smart restaurant with lovely foods, great rooms and fantastic service

Lovely pool with rockfall with jaccuzi not too far away.

• Related to: Jungle and Rain Forest, National/State Park, Luxury Travel
  • Written May 4, 2006

• Dabs profile photo Dabs
  • Reviews: 4102

Sheraton Iguazu: Hotel inside the National Park

My understanding is that the Sheraton is the only hotel inside the National Park on the Argentine side, it's rather ugly on the outside butI hear it's very nice on the inside. I saw many recommendations for this hotel on travel boards and I imagine it has stunning views of the Falls. You are, however, inside the National Park and would likely have to patronize their restaurant for breakfast and dinner and their website mentions that there is ongoing construction.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written April 17, 2006

• gerryonroad profile photo gerryonroad
  • Reviews: 1

HOSTEL BAMBU: IN THE HEART OF FOZ DO IGUAZU

THIS IS A NEW HOSTEL OPENED UP SEPTEMBER 2005.
THE ROOMS ARE REALLY CLEAN AND THE FREE BREAKFAST IS A BIG PLUS, KINDA ALL YOU CAN EAT. CRIS S MOM MAKES SURE THERE IS LOTS OF JUICE, FRUIT CHEESE, BUNS AND COFFEE.

IT S EASY TO GET TO. GET OFF THE BUS AT PIZZA HUT ON AV JORGE SCHIMMELPFENG AND WALK UP THE STREET TO RUA EDMUNDO BARROS AND TURN RIGHT DOWN THE HILL ON YOUR LEFT NUMBER 621 PHONE0055 45 3523 3646

DORMS GIRLS (4BEDS) AT 22 REALES ($ 10 USD), AND THE SAME FOR MALES

TWO OR THREE BEDDED ROOMS ARE 55 REALS (CRIS OR DIEGO MIGHT GIVE A DEAL)

A GOOD SWIMMING POOL WITH OUTDOOR SHOWER, POOL TABLE, HOUSE GUITAR, CLOSE ACCESS TO BUSES TO BOTH ARGENTINA AND BRAZILIAN FALLS CLOSE TO A SUPERMARKET

MEET LOTS OF PEOPLE FROM EVERYWHERE

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: National/State Park, Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written December 14, 2005

• Rubia_1 profile photo Rubia_1
  • Reviews: 8

Sheraton: Iguazu Falls Sheraton

I would highly recommend a stay at the Sheraton. From my room I had a good view of the falls. The rooms were clean and attractive. The food was good, and the service was good. I'm not fluent in Spanish yet so that was the only challenge I encountered - not many of the hotel staff spoke English. I felt they did their best to be helpful. When necessary they located a staff member who did speak English. : )

Nice view. Clean, attractive rooms. Good service.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, National/State Park
  • Written November 22, 2005

Sheraton - Iguazu Falls

• debraj10 profile photo debraj10
  • Reviews: 3

Hotel St. George: Good value for the price

We stayed for 3 days and 2 nights at this place... It was fine.

Like all hotels in Argentina, the price includes breakfast. A Buffet Dinner is also served at the restaurant and was included in our package deal.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, National/State Park, Eco-Tourism
  • Written October 5, 2005

• LPat profile photo LPat
  • Reviews: 8

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sheraton Internacional Parque Iguazu: expensive but the best views!

I usually prefer to stay in small, locally-owned and run hotels when I am on holiday.
So what on earth made me stay at the Sheraton International in Iguazu National Park?

OK it is expensive but when I walked into reception I saw why. The back of the reception is not wall full of keys. Oh no, it is a huge glass window looking out on to the falls themselves. It was breathtaking and made checking-in a great experience!

The hotel itself is nice enough. All the rooms have a balcony with either a garden view or a falls view. I stayed in each type of room and each was nice - but it was the views that made the rooms!

The food is delicious but to be honest, I am used to eating in different places each night I am on holiday and the menu didn't change (and I stayed for 4 nights!).

One of the most compelling reasons to stay here is simple. The park closes at 6pm and opens again at 8am. Everyone who comes for the day is well away from the falls by 5pm as they have to make it back to their transport.

This is when you can go and explore in relatively cool and in the quiet! It is early morning and late evening we saw wonderful birds, monkeys scampering along the walkways and toucans in the trees.

While eating breakfast, you can see the falls and it really whets your appetite for the day ahead.

This is the reason to stay here - absolute magic!

• Related to: National/State Park, Birdwatching, Jungle and Rain Forest