El Guembe

HostelBookers.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Puerto Iguazú

Puerto Iguazu, ArgentinaPuerto Iguazu, Argentina

time for shopping!time for shopping!

Itaipu DamItaipu Dam

Full clear view of Garganta del DiabloFull clear view of Garganta del Diablo

transport from AGT to Puerto Iguazu

by hilgil

I am flying into AGT but going to hotel on Argentina side. How will I get there from AGT, Paraguay? Will I need to get a Brazilian visa if the only option is through Brazil.

Re: transport from AGT to Puerto Iguazu

by capetien1

It's possible to go direct from Paraguay to Argentina. There are ferries across the Parana River from Puerto Franco, Paraguay, to Puerto Iguazu, Argentina.

Otherwise, check with your Argentine hotel for info. The hotel should know whether taxis are able to get transit passengers across the bridge into Brazil for the purpose of transit to Argentina. When we visited, we found that there are special rules for the Iguasu Falls region that don't appear on embassy websites. For instance, despite what the websites say, we were not asked for Paraguayan visas to make a two-hour visit to Cidade de Leste, Paraguay, in the company of our registered guide.

Consult knowledgable local people in the hotel and transportation industry for up-to-the-minute information as to exactly what happens at the border.

Happy travels, and let me know if I can help further.

David

capetien10@gmail.com

Travel Tips for Puerto Iguazú

Travelling to Brazil

by vtveen

Staying so close to Brazil, many visitors will take a look at the other side of the border. Either to visit the falls or just to go to Foz do Iguaçu.

We went to Foz do Iguaçu in Brazil with a regular public bus, leaving from the bus station in Puerto Iguazu and had to pay just a couple of pesos (one way). At the Argentinean border we (and all the passengers) had to leave the bus and went to the Argentinean custom office and got (again) a stamp in our passports. At the Brazilian border nothing at all happened and the bus passed without stopping (so we missed our Brazilian stamp !!).
We went back 'home' with a taxi and got again an Argentinean stamp in our passports. I think these guys love stamping.

Crossing the border at the Tancredo Neves Bridge was not a problem for us ‘Dutchies’. We didn’t need a visa, but I know Brazil has a reciprocity policy, so if your home country requires Brazilians to get a tourist visa to visit, then you also need a visa to go into Brazil.

Bus

by acemj

The buses from town to the waterfalls run every 45 minutes from 7am to 8pm and cost about a buck (3 pesos). You won't need a taxi if you're just walking around town since it's pretty small. Both buses and cabs can cross the border into Brazil and Paraguay.

The Triple Frontier

by mindcrime

This is the meeting point of 3 countries, Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay! Nice views just behind the park, not far from the town..

The Triple Frontier is just a place where you can see some basic monuments (obeliscs) in the colors of the countries, nothing bad, nothing special (the view is nice although the view of the falls conquers all!... )

What’s more, another opportunity for souvenirs if you still have space in your luggage…

argentinian side of the Falls

by mindcrime

The argentinian side of the Falls is my favorite one! Some people try to do everything in a day (both sides) but you need a full day here if you want to walk in many paths of the park. There are 3 basic paths, the interior the superior and the path that leads to Garganta del Diablo.

I've done early in the morning the interior path and I was alone! The tour buses come after 10:00am when the superior path gets crowdy (it's smaller and easier to walk, no stairs).

I left for the end the Garganta del Diablo, an amazing huge amount of water. Dont go there before noon because the sun wont allow you take good pictures in the morning.

There are other smaller paths that can take you back the whole day, after so many kilometres from Buenos Aires I think its worth to get tired a little bit. You dont see so much beauty every day...

The entrance fee is 40pesos(8euros) and includes the eco train to the paths and the small boat ride to San Martin island. If you want to return the day after you pay only 20pesos for the second ticket.

The Falls

by the___gecko

"Crossing the border"

The next morning I jumped on a bus to Argentina which is where I am now. I scored a block of gunja off George back in PA which I needed to somehow hide to get across the border. I first thought the absolute safest way was up the date in a condom, but then with some tight wedging I stuck it under my foot in my sandle.

Now after booking out of the hotel and walking to the bus station I could feel the plastic bag manovreing under my foot. I looked down and there was plastic bag sticking out on all sides just like a star. I started to panic and tried to tighten my sandle as tight as I could to stop the movement from revealing the plastic bag.

Anyway I jumped on the bus, got to the Brazilian border, walked past a couple of cops with a limp preying they wouldnt notice. Fortunately they didnt but then when trying to get my exit stamp I was asked for a form that I had no idea I needed to exit the country.

165reais fine for losing it. How the hell was I to know what the bloody thing was. I know I threw it out because I hate keeping hold of meaningless paper but Im fast realizing over here to hold onto every bloody thing no matter what.

Anyway with a stupid shrug and confused emotion which I was, the good ol Brazilians came thru again with there generousity and filled out another form for me for free. Dam I was lucky. If they were gunna be legit about it all, I would have had to jump on another bus back into town to pay the fine at a bank before returning to the border again.

Anyway waiting with 3 German girls for the bus to take us to Argentina customs, I worked a little bit more without making to much attention to my sandle. Low and behold, what did I notice. 1 of the straps started to rip. I thought you gotta be frigen kidding. I then got up and started walking in circles. By this stage the girls I think thought I was a bit weird. Oh really. I found it hard to concentrate talking to them when all I was worried about was Argentinan customs.

Would you believe all I had to do was get off the bus, get a stamp and get back on. No bag scans, body scans, searches or nothing. I reckon I could have put the block under my nose as a moustache and still got through no problems.

"Iguazu Falls"

Iguazu Falls

I met a ozzie girl that afternoon and went to the falls by moonlight with her. After seeing them in the day, not even the moon could justify there magic as much as the sun did. Still it was nice anyway and I got a hell weird photo of the falls mist looking like a school of glowing blue space fish.

I had dinner with the girl and talked deeply about the usual stuff I talk about and found her to be quite responsive and open to my philosophys. After dinner we bidded fairwell for the night but I was well happy with the company and conversation.

Alone the magic was definately on its way. I found myself a nice spot to duck off for a chuff on the good herb and got myself highly hi and began to float my way to the falls.

It wasnt long when the magic started. Finding a quiet spot to observe some butterflies, over a period of a few minutes I became an intense magnet for many different species. Once again the photos will show. I had as many as half a dozen on me at any 1 time. I became a show piece all of a sudden and ended up possing for people as they took my photograph, well the butterflies at least but they would have got my hand, arm in the shot.

I even had a few of them ride with me for a bit of the walk. Totally magic.

As I continued on I saw a caiman aligator and a pretty cool lizard that possed for a couple of good pics also for me. Then ofcourse the falls from a different angle. Talk about spiritual enlightenment. Most people compare the 2 sides. I couldnt split them. The falls are that impressive you just cant say which is better in my opinion.

I was at the park till about 6.30 that evening and it felt like I was dreaming the hole time. Thank the gunja mostly, but I mainly smoked it to block out the people energy as much as possible. Not trying to altogether, but allowing me to zone alot more heavier into the scenery without being distracted from that body here and that body there.

I went for a boat ride to after a top up of hootchie coochie. That was wild and it was that awesome to be planted under the falls that I had to find myself a place of my own to do the same. Which ofcourse the universe granted me later in the day.

I just sat under the falls and enjoyed the heavenly cleanse as it poored down apon me. Ive done this before and its always so refreshing. However I noticed how bad the litter was and went into a zone and tiddied up the place a bit. I didnt spend that much time doing this but collected at least 20 pieces of rubbish and binned them.

The main attraction was called devils throat. Looked more like angels tonsils to me. How could something so amazingly beautiful and full of natural energy be labelled by something evil. Fair enough, 1 slip your dead but still.

While I was standing there getting soaked again by the mist being hurled up from the valley floor, I was told if I was heading to California I would be invited to tea by a delightful lady and her daughter that I took a photo of for them. Infact Im becoming an expert at this as Ive done this for many people at these falls. A trio of lovely young ladies on the boat was probably the best one.

When gazzing deeply into the falls for some moments and then looking towards the cliffs where the water wasnt falling gave the optical illusion of feeling like you were going down an elevator to the floor of the falls. Because of the sheer size of the falls, this was magnified beyond any such experience Ive had before.

The grand finale before leaving the park was watching a mass of these small black birds litter the sky like black stars and then watch them fully dive down into the falls in there masses like a full on bomb raid. On the train back a few Tuu-cans decided to fly around and parade for us all as well.

To conclude the photos are the main story but I have had 2 days of being absolutely free and at 1 with nature re-affirming my reason for being here on this most exotic continent.

"Fido Patrol"

Well did I have a interesting situation on the bus when I left Iguazu falls for Buenos Aires. There I was worried as hell about getting busted at the border in Argentina with a club foot of gunja and then jumping on the bus to venture further south in Argentina not giving a rats hoot about my weed and just carelessly chucking it in my backpack.

Not once, not twice but 3 frigen times the bus had to pull over to allow the cops to scan the bus. I didnt think much of it at first as they came on board asking to see our passports. Then all of a sudden who should I see cruising down the isle. Bloody Fido.

Cute puppy actually. Golden labrador. He waddled his way past me to the back of the bus and then came back and lobbed himself down right beside me. I gotta question how they actually train these dogs to find the weed because this dog looked stoned off its nut. GL actually look dopey at the best of times though.

Now I wasnt to worried at this stage because my weed was actually sitting in my bag, but I started to wonder what was going on outside. Fortunately the luggage compartment wasnt opened on this occassion and Grazmataz had survived life number 1.

Then I dont know how much longer but it was less than an hour. The bus was stopped again. This time no cops came on board but I heard the luggage door open. I looked outside and there were the cops having a sticky beak. I didnt want to look to long but the small glance wasnt enough time for me to see if another Fido was on the job.

The bus took off however and I was still onboard. By now I was becomming a nervous wreck. I knew I didnt have enough for jail, but I certainly had enough for bribery and some uncomfortable times and I didnt fancy having my travel time halved. Life number 2. Safe.

The worst one of the lot was about to come. Another hour later the bus stops again. The luggage compartment is opened. I look out the window and theres Fido happily wagging his tail with anticipation of sniffing up some junk stoner.

I couldnt look. So I sat back, kept myself calm. Said to the angels if I ever needed them it was now. Time was going by. Was Fido inside the luggage compartment going nuts over my sack. Were the cops trying to find which pack had the weed. What was going on. I dont know but it was taking forever and with every passing second my bank accout was looking worse and worse.

Then the cops jump on board with Fido. This dog was alot more on the ball. Fully sniffin hard and intensely and even venturing into the seated areas. The cop behind him was muttering coo coo coo. Which must be find some drugs for us to smoke in dog.

Anyway, the moment passed and they jumped off the bus and thankfully the bus took off.

Now the deal is apparently that marajuanna to Paraguay is like Cocaine to Colombia. Ofcourse Iguazu falls is on the border of Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay. Paraguay is where it all comes from and both Argentina and Brazil have these patrol zones to catch the crooks from importing the gunja into there country.

Dont ask me what happened. All I know is that I ended up in Buenos Aires with a block of weed the size of a small muesli bar after 2 dogs and 3 sets of cops scanned the bus. Not sure how I escaped but I did. 3 lives, yeah I would say the angels are with me alright.

But they werent looking after my health. By the time I got to Buenos Aires I was coming down with the flu. To make matters worse, it was pissing down rain all morning to BA and the bus was actually leaking over my seat. Fortunately there was a empty seat 2 seats in front of me which saved me from being saturated.

Comments