RN 12 km 5, Puerto Iguazu, 3370, Argentina

Booking.com Priceline.com AMOMA.com

Satisfaction Average

• Nice stay to visit the waterfalls

We stayed in a triple room. Very basic for a 4 * hotel, but clean and quiet.
    The swimming pool is very nice.
    The restaurant is quite cheap and the buffet is very good value for money.
    The staff is good.
    The location is ok, 5 minutes taxi to the city center.

Unique Quality: Nice swimming pool and good location.

• vtveen's Profile Photo

... tropical setting ...

Orquideas Palace is situated along road number 12; that is the road to 'Iguazu National Park' with the falls and the airport. On the other hand you have to realise the hotel is about 4 km's outside the centre of Puerto Iguazu. But there are always a lot of cheap taxi's available. If you decide to visit the falls on your own just take a bus (El Practico) by waiting along the road and to flag down your bus.

The hotel offers hotel rooms (with breakfast) and cottages. We had a ’superior room’ and to be honest it was not too spacious and rather dark (small window because of the hot temperatures ??). The pictures on their website don't show the 'normal' rooms.
    The complex has a setting in a (sub)tropical garden with lots of beautiful flowers.

You should ask for a special rate if you are paying cash !!

Unique Quality: Perhaps the most interesting amenity is the large swimming pool in the garden. We loved it to sit in the sun with a glass in our hands and to do some swimming after a day trip to the National Park. Lovely !!

• euzkadi's Profile Photo

Hotel Las Orquideas Palace

This nice and clean four stars hotel it´s located on the road to Puerto Iguazu (3 kms from town). The room was great. It has a pleasant pool and a beautiful garden.

More about Hotel Orquideas Palace

Nice stay to visit the waterfalls

by ruimgcorreia about Orquideas Palace

We stayed in a triple room. Very basic for a 4 * hotel, but clean and quiet.
The swimming pool is very nice.
The restaurant is quite cheap and the buffet is very good value for money.
The staff is good.
The location is ok, 5 minutes taxi to the city center. Nice swimming pool and good location.

... tropical setting ...

by vtveen about Orquideas Palace Hotel

You should ask for a special rate if you are paying cash !! Perhaps the most interesting amenity is the large swimming pool in the garden. We loved it to sit in the sun with a glass in our hands and to do some swimming after a day trip to the National Park. Lovely !!

tropical setting

by vtveen about Puerto Iguazu: Orquideas Palace Hotel

The complex has a setting in a tropical garden with lots of beautiful flowers.

Hotel Las Orquideas Palace

by euzkadi

Orquideas Palace HotelOrquideas Palace Hotel

Orquideas Palace Hotel: eveningOrquideas Palace Hotel: evening

Orquideas Palace Hotel: at nightOrquideas Palace Hotel: at night

Orquideas Palace Hotel: gardenOrquideas Palace Hotel: garden

Can I get from Ciudad del Este, Paraguay to Puerto Iguazu w/out Brazilian Visa?

by J-C-H

I will be leaving for Asuncion in a couple of weeks and would really like to visit Iguazu. However I am on a tight budget and would like to avoid paying the $100 for a Brazilian visa. Is there a way to avoid it? Thanks for your help.

Re: Can I get from Ciudad del Este, Paraguay to Puerto Iguazu w/out Brazilian Visa?

by lotharlerch

i was there in 1998 and I crossed the frontier in both directions. It seems that the Brasilian officers are only interested in checking the duty free goods the people are carrying along (from Ciudad del Este to Foz do Iguazu). The sidewalks on the frontier bridge are strictly one-way traffic in order to prevent that those who are transporting their purchases from Paraguay to Brazil have troubles meeting the pedestrians coming from Brazil. You will see how this works when you are there. But there are frequent buses connecting both cities ass well.

What is your nationality? I never heard that a Brazilian visa is that expensive (I do not need any because I am Austrian and the same is valid for all Europeans). What the Brazilians sometimes want to see is your International vaccination certificate to check whether you have a valid vaccination against Yellow Fever - when coming to Brazil from a less civilized neighbouring country where they suspect that Yellow Fever is endemic - or even generally when they suspect you being citgizebn of a less civilized (tropical) country.

by Porteno

I have friends that have crossed from Iguazu without a Visa to visit the waterfalls on the Brasilian side without a problem and other friends that were turned back because they did not have a Visa. Not certain of the problems you might or might not face coming from Paraguay. You did not mention how you would be traveling but I would imagine if you are on a bus going directly to the Argentine side then you might get by without a problem. Just need to ask yourself is the chance of being turned back worth saving the money?
suerte
sam

by vtveen

Otherwise just visit the Brasilian side of the falls.

by J-C-H

Thanks for all of the help :)

Travel Tips for Puerto Iguazú

PUERTO IGUAZU: WATERFALL AND BUTTERFLIES

by swesn

From the Brazilian side, I had seen the overall view of the falls from a respectful distance.

On the Argentinian side, we were walking right ON TOP of the falls, the tremendous force of water gushing down at our feet.

At each viewpoint, I stood mesmerized, a silly grin on my face.

At the last viewpoint, which was right in front of the top of the Garganta del Diablo (the day before, I was at the bottom bit), I was staring at a profanely copious amount of brown water crashing down, mere metres from me. I felt weak in the knees in view of such power. Tears smarted in my eyes. I'm so lucky to be alive to see this, I chanted. I gagged for breath. I was choked for words.

I looked around for someone and a woman (I learnt later from Ecuador - sweet dear) next to me returned my look and we connected, we knew.

I walked around the platform, like a confused person, shaking my head in disbelief and then, raising my head to face the sight in front of me again.

Yes, believe it, dear. The Iguacu Falls had shared its magic with me. I felt like soaring in the sky like those crazy swifts below.

Comments