Av Cordoba 454, Puerto Iguazu, 3700, Argentina
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

More about La Sorgente Hotel Posada

This place does not take credit cards; reviews don't match service.

by TripAdvisor Member TrippinTwo

We stayed here two nights in early May 2007. The staff was mostly morose and unfriendly, except for check in where the desk clerk was very nice. Compared with other hotel breakfasts in Argentina, La Sorgente's was certainly on the low end; they even served a stale and day-old cake left over from our first morning's breakfast.

The room was clean, the beds confortable and the furnishings basic. The air conditioning was barely adequate. The shower was truly terrible with the trickle of water going hot and cold without notice. Our room was not serviced after the first night: we had taken our room key with us during the day and they claimed they didn't have a duplicate key -- what nonsense!

The grounds were pretty and well cared for, as were the buildings both inside and out. We didn't use the pool, but it looked clean and well kept.

Upon arrival we were informed that their credit card reader temporarily wasn't functioning and we had to pay in cash. In fact they had framed signs in English and Spanish above the front desk saying so. Other reviewers from months ago have said the same thing. Checking just today (May8), I confirmed that their web site states they take credit cards, even though clearly they don't. I don't know what game they're playing, but it's a stupid one.

Fell in love with this courtyard!

by TripAdvisor Member fiveandtwenty

Very spacious, comfortable, tiled rooms with nice new bedspreads and modern, clean bathrooms. Fell in love with the lush, tropical, well maintained courtyard--it even has a little pool and porch swings sprinkled throughout. Spent quality time reading out on the comfy couch on the back terrace. La Sorgente wound up being one of my favorite hotels on our 3-month South America trip. It's a gem of a find in Iguazu and fairly priced, especially compared with the dingy, worn out, and extremely overpriced St. George (I think they must have given themselves 4 stars cause I don't see how else they would have gotten that rating)!

love it

by TripAdvisor Member rittenhouse22

Wonderful service, wonderful rooms, wonderful courtyard. The owners are present at the hotel and they make sure your stay is enjoyable. The hotel staff is multi-lingual, Spanish, English, and Italian (and maybe other languages). The hotel has a gem of a courtyard with hammocks, chairs, tables, and beautiful landscaping. I will definitely be back.

Exceptional Support & Service!

by TripAdvisor Member EllyNYC

We were guests of La Sorgente in mid-September. My friend fractured her ankle the second day of our stay and the vacation turned into a scary nightmare. The hotel owner and staff went way beyond the 'call of duty' making us feel that we were not just alone and hurt in a foreign country but had local knowledgeable friends to help us through. They made numerous, endless phone calls, sent and resent faxes, provided critical local advice, even called a cousin who is a doctor in Buenos Aires! Every call, every request was graciously and efficiently addressed, as a result we received all the necessary medical and logistical support we needed to get immediate emergency care for my friend and next day air transfer to Buenos Aires for surgery. Kind words, good advice and a therapeutic capirinha were also provided!

Our room was changed to the first floor for wheel-chair access immediately without being asked, we were offered a suite at no additional cost. No five start hotel or world class concierge could have done more than the staff and family at this little, lovely hotel with a pretty courtyard, clean, comfortable rooms and scrumptious breakfasts.

When you travel abroad most of the time the hotel is there just for comfort and relaxation, but if an incident occurs - the staff of the hotel becomes your single source of local and cultural support that can turn a nightmare into a manageable situation - La Sorgente is definitely such a place and both my friend and I thank them from the bottom of our hearts and recommend them for a lovely and safe stay in Puerto Iguazu.

lovely stay

by TripAdvisor Member marcoandmaria

Puerto Iguazu is a quiet and nice place to stay to visit the falls of Iguazu. If you have the choice stay in the Argentinian side of the falls, since the Brazilian side (Foz) is much busier and everyone keeps warning you for unsafety. If you are not looking for a big hotel and something more personal and quiet, La Sorgente Posada is THE place to be. The staff is very helpfull, the rooms are clean and overlooking a beautiful garden with a small pool and lots of resting chairs around it. After doing the excursions around the falls, it is nice to come back to the hotel and feel like home and relax around the pool and have a chat with the staff and owners. The hotel doesn´t have a restaurant at the moment, which they are constructing, but it does serve a nice breakfast and since it is located only three blocks from the main street with restaurants, finding a nice place for lunch or dinner is no problem. The staff can help you with good recommendations for this.

Great find

by TripAdvisor Member rrogersiii

This was a great spot in Puerto Iguazu, near Iguazu Falls. The hotel arranged for a driver to pick us up at the airport, and we arrived to find a little oasis. Beautiful pools, lush shrubbery, a very friendly staff and a nice breakfast. The rooms were pretty simple & minimalist, but just fine. (I also think they're also doing some renovations/improvements.) The owners and staff gave us tips on what to see and not to see at Iguazu, as well as restaurant suggestions. Puerto Iguazu is a small town with not many options, so we could recommend La Sorgente.

Perfect

by TripAdvisor Member eandc_chicago

The place was great. The taxi was at the airport waiting for us as stated. (The hotel wanted to charge us for the taxi, but never mentioned it in our reservation. Consequently, they ate the cost. This was really the only blemish on our stay.) The location was great. It was close to the town center. A 5-10 minute walk to the bus station. The A/C in the bedroom was nice after a sticky day. But the swimming pool really was the best thing! All in all it was great place.

Quaint, great hospitality, reasonably priced!

by TripAdvisor Member TToy123

I stayed here during my Iquazu trip and it was so cute! The hotel is well located (10min walk down the street from the bus station). The inn itself was bright and airy with a pool (which I didn't use though), my room was a single - small w/ simple amenities, but also clean. Good breakfast, and internet access. I'm a neat freak, and I loved my stay there, I would recommend it again.

Very helpful owner

by TripAdvisor Member GST7

Our October stay was great largly due the help of the young owner, John. We had a problem with a lost ATM card that he went out of his way to help us with. I am not sure he will appreciate my posting that this included personally driving us at one point. Also, his restaurant recommendations turned out to be right on.
The grounds of the Hotel are very pleasent and well kept. Keeping in mind the resonable price, the rooms are fine. My only complaint is that the light bulbs in our room were not bright enough. A few more watts would be great.
The breakfast is well above average for this class of hotel. Also they will be opening a restaurant.
Overall a very nice place.

Nancy and Gary Tucker
Huntington Beach , Ca.

safe bet

by TripAdvisor Member frix26

well located hotel, quite nice rooms but extremely cold!! There was a lot of noise while we were there with building work going on nearby. Staff very friendly and helpful and good breakfast

Comments