4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Garganta del Diablo - neck of the devilGarganta del Diablo - neck of the devil

Puerto Iguazu to Brazilian side

by rosa2010

Hi

I arrive into Puerto Iguazu (IGR) next February 2011.I am staying 2 nights in Puerto Iguazu. I depart from Brazil airport (IGU)at 3.30pm. Can anyone hep me with the following questions:

Where can I store my luggage on the brazil side while I go to the Brazil side of the falls?

How long does it take to get from Puerto Iguazu to the brazil side of the falls?

how long does it take to get from Puerto Iguazu to Brazil airport by taxi and how much would it cost?

any help will be apreciated!

cheers

Re: Puerto Iguazu to Brazilian side

by cassiovieggore

I went to Foz do Iguaçu once. I was driving my car and took around 40minutes from the argentine side of the falls to the brazilian airport. I remember I got a hole in the spare tyre and worked in changing the spare tyre... Maybe you shall be faster than I.
You may store your luggages at International Bus Station in Foz do Iguaçu.

I believe you shall spend some time with Passport stamping as well.
Cassiovieggore

Travel Tips for Puerto Iguazú

Pleasant Streets

by Bwana_Brown

Returning from our Argentine-side visit to Iguazu Falls, we asked our tour guide where, in his opinion, the best place was to eat. He recommended the La Rueda restaurant, just off Av. Victoria Aguirre as we were descending the hill into the main part of town. As a result, the following day, when we were returning in mid-afternoon from our Brazilian-side tour of the Falls, we asked to be dropped off at that location, on the corner of Cordoba Ave., so we could have a closer look at the place. We liked what we saw and decided to return that night to check it out!

We then strolled down the very nicely shaded street for three or four blocks before reaching the business area of town. After taking care of some details there for an hour or so, we continued onward for the 15-minute walk to our hotel to finally enjoy some of it's pool-side luxuries!

Itaipu

by acemj

The hydroelectric plant at Itaipu is the largest such facility in the world with a greater energy output (measured in megawatts) than any other plant in the world. It is located on the west side of Foz do Iguacu on the Brazil-Paraguay border. A cab from Puerto Iguazu would probably run you around 70 pesos, so you might be better off taking buses (or split a cab with some friends). The tour is free and the facility is worth seeing.

Walking along Rio Iguazu to Rio Parana

by ptitetoile

A walk along the Rio Iguazu is a a quite relaxing walk if you have some freetime before or after a visit to the falls. The forest is there and some view points are very nice like this one!! you just have to follow the road from the "harbour" - where trips of the three borders (Argentina-Paraguay-Brazil) are organised in little boats - to the Hito Tres Fronteras.

BIG WATERS: full moon visit

by vtveen

We could not do this special trip during our visit, but it seems so amazing to me and I just add this tip on my Puerto Iguazù list.

During five nights around ‘full moon’ it is possible to take a visit to the park on a guided tour. As far as I found out the excursion consits of a trip with the train and a walk over the new footbridges to the balcony of the Garganta del Diabolo/Devil’s Throat. There are three strolls per night beginning at 8.00 pm.
It must be very special: the darkness, the sounds of the animals in the jungle, a rainbow formed by the moonlight.

Useful inforamtion (reservations, prices, schedules etc) can be found on: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g312804-c137207/Iguazu-National-Park:Argentina:Full.Moon.Walk.html

Iguazu Falls, Argentinian Side

by hrothgarorange

"Breath-taking"

I think it was Eleanor Roosevelt who said that Iguazu Falls makes Niagara falls look like a dripping faucet. I've been to both places, and I have to say she was definetly right! Iguazu Park is a place I will go back to - no question.
When my travel partner and I went everyone told us that it was a shame: they said there was hardly any water in the falls due to a drought! Unbelievable, as I can't imagine them with more water.

Comments