Apart Las Piedras Bariloche

Rolando 127, San Carlos de Bariloche, Province of Rio Negro, 8400, Argentina
Otel.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about San Carlos de Bariloche

suited up and starting outsuited up and starting out

The way up...The way up...

there 's always some more beerthere 's always some more beer

Getting to BarilocheGetting to Bariloche

Honeycomb Chocolate

by LEPeterson

While living in Argentina in the early 70's we had the delight of eating a chocolate that was very light and airy. It was full of small holes and when placed in the mouth began to melt immediately. Since returning to the U.S. I have been unable to locate it and was wondering if anyone knows the name of this delicious chocolate and where I can obtain it. Thank you in advance for any information you may be able to supply.
Lynn

by mechimedina

i think you re talking about chocolate "aireado", its a kind of chocolate, many brands have it, but the only one i remember is Milka (Argentina)

by ComandanteG

This was known as "Aero" which becomes from "aire" or air.

Perhaps these chocolates are similar, I look up Google looking for "chocolate+aero"

by sabrina_florida

I love your post! Yes, this kind of chocolate is called AIREADO here. Milka has a good one, but also Nestlé has some.

by ARW5

I've found www.expatboxes.com on info@expatboxes.com or + 44 784 0891880 useful in tracking down those hard to find items and delivering them to hard to reach locations too !

by sabrina_florida

Cofler aireados are pretty good too. That's another brand you can try.

YUM!

Travel Tips for San Carlos de Bariloche

Where's Heidi?

by TheWanderingCamel

Bariloche's Swiss, Austrian and German settlers clearly found echoes of their European Alpine homelands here in Patagonia, and they set to with some zeal to recreate the chalet homes they'd left behind. Over the years that style has taken on a rather particular interpretation of its own, and many of the houses you see now are so self-consciously "Swiss" they are almost a parody of the originals, with more rustic features and knotted pine about them than you'd expect to see outside of the House of the Three Bears. St Bernard dogs being lined up for tourist photos and more ways with fondue on a menu than the Swiss ever thought of continue the theme.

None of which takes away from the beauty of these southern alps and lakes - though they have a grandeur and a wildness that you won't find anywhere in Europe. There you are constantly reminded of man's place in the landscape - here in Patagonia, man is definitely an afterthought. The miradors and guided walking trails may be busy but time your visit or move away from them a little and its just you and Nature. Wonderful!

Cerro Tronador

by elpariente

Su nombre le viene porque cuando se cae la nieve/hielo de los glaciares se produce un ruido como si fuera un trueno .
Cuando estés allí , verás que es mucho más fácil oírlo que verlo
Its name comes because when the snow/ice falls from the glacier it makes a noise like if it were a thunder
When you be there , you will notice that is easier to listen than to see

Patagonian travels

by alza

"I once lived in Argentina..."

My life was one of travel... force of circumstance, and it fit my nature.

I went to South America late in life, suddenly, without preparation. I was inspired by a guy from Puerto Madryn, met in Bologna, Italy. I went on my own, taking my time.

Strange as this may seem, I was on my road the whole time, never letting anyone or anything influence my plan. I had a dream to go all the way by land and I did it. It was hard but fun. I got my head shaved along the way, why not? I was totally free there! The head-shaving was but a small gesture in asserting my freedom.

In Buenos Aires, where I stayed for four months, I met bourgeois types who were shocked with my free use of the familiar "tu" form of speech, which I used for everyone across Latin America. It didn't matter to me. I'm from a culture where the use of "tu" and "vous" matters... but I knew then that I had to get beyond that.
I used "tu" everywhere, respectfully, and it opened doors I had never imagined I could walk through. People all over Latin America are the most open-minded I've ever met and they welcomed me with warm hearts.

Be sure that people everywhere are happy to see you genuinely interested in their country, they will not judge you badly for talking to them in their language even if you are limited to using the "tu" form. On the contary, your approach will win most people over.

I am only writing about this great trip in more detail now, because it's my way to reflect for a long time before I write about how I feel. This one-year trip across North and South America was a watershed in my life and I measure everything by it since. Viva America! Viva!

Comments