Hosteria El Radal

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about San Carlos de Bariloche

Heidi's house?Heidi's house?

More audience participationMore audience participation

Mascardi LakeMascardi Lake

A festival in the center...A festival in the center...

Off the beaten path

by fbernardino

Hello. I'll be in Bariloche from July 31 for a week.

I've been there for several times when i was a teenager and i'd like for suggestions for night life for people around 26-34.

Also places to go if you rent a car for 1 or 2 days.

Thank you.

RE: Off the beaten path

by mydreamquest

Regarding Bariloche, as you are going there in July, when it is cooler, you may want to skip the boat tour unless the weather is good.

Therefore, I think your friends will find the chocolate stores fun; at night there are the casinos which are pretty fun; there's numerous cybercafes; and go to the information center and ask about the parilla restaurant. There's one a few blocks up from the main area that has parilla that is to die for. Unfortunately, I can't recall the name of the place.

Travel Tips for San Carlos de Bariloche

San Martin de los Andes

by perfectly_zen

I wanted to devote a special tip section for San Martin so I decided to put the tips in "off the beaten path"....
San Martin is a small, "cute" town =D... full of gardens, wood cottages, surrounded by mountains and close to a transparent lake, the lake Lacar.
The reason for visiting this town is not only the charm of the city, otherwise you could stay in Bariloche (since it´s cheaper and has more things to offer)....but it´s the nature....In the way to San martin you´ll get the chance to see the region of Seven Lakes (Siete Lagos)...a place with mountains, forests and, of course, lakes...

Our Lady of Nahuel Huapi

by TheWanderingCamel

Another favourite stop along the Circuito Chico is the high point of the Punto Panoramico - Panoramic Point - about 40 km along the route. Once again, the view is glorious, especially in spring when the blue of the lakes is framed by masses of golden broom.

The wrought iron sculpture of Our Lady of Nahuel Huapi here is dedicated to St John Bosco, patron saint of Patagonia and boys. St John Bosco had a particular devotion to the Mother of Christ and worked all his life to improve the lives of disadvantaged boys, so the inclusion of a small Indian boy in the sculpture is particularly apt.

Of course, such a perfect vantage point provides as opportunity for commercial enterprise as well, and you'll find stallholders here selling local craft works as well as a Bariloche favourite -a photographer with a very bored St Bernard dog (you'll find them in the town too) ready to take your photo ... well, it's the Swiss connection and the dogs are lovely creatures and definitely more appealing than some of the interpretations of Alpine architecture to be seen along the way.

Fly Fishing Paradise

by jfathman

"Montana of the South"

On my travels through South America I tried to fish at as many location as I could. I actually relied on my fishing rod for food on a few occasions after I stayed out longer than I planned. By far the best fishing I had in South America was in Bariloche. I took a bus out to Limay Medio River and just walked down the river fishing for about four hours. A few fishing groups passed me on boats, and I have to say it felt pretty good to be paying $2 for a bus trip rather than $500 for a fishing guide. For anyone who is into fly-fishing and has a chance to go to South America, this is the place to be. I have rarely seen any place with this many big fish, the exception being Bob Marshal Wilderness in Montana. I caught around 15 fish in my four hours, the average being about 13 inches. I was fishing a big dry fly with a nymph dropper and actually pulled in three doubles!! It was amazing. The water is as clean and clear as I have ever seen. I took one of the smaller fish back me with for dinner (something I never do, but Bariloche is expensive and this was a free meal) and it was soooo good. I can’t wait to get another chance to fish this amazing area. There is a fish and wilderness office in downtown Bariloche where you can buy a license to fish. Its not too expensive and defiantly worth it!

One of the beautiful brown trout that make Bariloche fishing famous. Hairry Truman was quoted as say "The biggest Trout I ever caught was a Brown in Bariloche"

Comments