Hosteria Fazenda Carioca

Av. de Los Pioneros Km 2,300, San Carlos de Bariloche, 8400, Argentina
Hotelsclick.com Otel.com

More about San Carlos de Bariloche

View from Cerro Campanario (Lago Moreno)View from Cerro Campanario (Lago Moreno)

King and saintKing and saint

Lago Nahuel HuapiLago Nahuel Huapi

Lopez Bay at Nahuel Huapi LakeLopez Bay at Nahuel Huapi Lake

Travel Tips for San Carlos de Bariloche

Excursion to Isla Victoria

by si04530

This is an half day boat ride on Lago Nahuel Huapi. You visit 2 outstanding national parks. At Arrayanes you will see trees that only grow in this forrest and they are actually cold to the touch and very hard. It is an incredible walk through these woods. You must stay on the wooden pathways, no straying!!!
Isla Victoria has a forrest as well but with completely different trees ... Sequoias were brought here long ago from California and the pine trees are immense.
The boat ride is comfortable with food and drinks. Everyone is friendly and I met people from Germany, Bolivia, and Australia as well as wonderful Argentines.

Capilla de San Eduardo

by andal13

Capilla de San Eduardo (Saint Edward's chapel) is a beautiful work of Architect Alejandro Bustillo, made of wood. The chapel is charming, and from there you can enjoy a beautiful sight of Puerto Pañuelo and Nahel Huapi Lake.

El Capilla de San Eduardo es una hermosa obra del arquitecto Alejandro Bustillo, hecha en madera. La capilla es encantadora, y desde allí se puede disfrutar una vista espectacular de Puerto Pañuelo y del Lago Nahuel Huapi.

San Carlos de Bariloche

by lolitajane

"End of Term Trip"

I went to Bariloche in 1997, when I finished high school.
We make a trip by the end of the year with our class to celebrate the end of school! It's a seven-days winter trip and Bariloche is the top destination; students from all over the country go there. It's generally the first trip boys and girls make alone, imagine how they feel about that! No parents at all, it's like paradise.
The organization is like this:
-Visiting sightseen places
-Doing oudoors activities
-Dancing all nights
The result:
-Not having slept the night before, the only possibility to remember how the place is like is to take pics and pics! I'm serious, this is true!

"Some adventure!"

These are some pics I took while doing some outdoors activities, we really had fun!
Here I am on a fourtrax.

"Safari Time!"

In this place you can ride on horses, play a lot of games & competitions, do survival activities and have a lot of fun!

"Safari @ Cerro Lopez"

We climbed up the mountain on this nice van. It took us almost one hour to get to the top, but it was very exciting when we got!

"Survivor Experience!"

1This place is called Americana Apache. There are plenty of activities you can do here, like kayak, climbing, enjoying nature, swimming? I don't think so, after fighting in the mud I had the brightest idea of getting into the water to clean myself...but guess what! the water was icy cold, freezing and chilly! "Hey Loli!, this is thaw water, didn't you know that? Oh yes! I just forgot :("

"Limay River"

This picture was taken after the rafting adventure!

"Some years later..."

These are some of my friends, actually the ones whom I made this trip with. You can see a piece of the flag we took to Bariloche at the back, hanging on the wall.

"First contact with the snow (or is it ice?)"

By the time we got there it had rained a lot and all mountains, hills, mottes(?) were "washed", you'll be able to see it in the pictures. I was quite upset by this, as I was very excited with the snow "issue", but finally managed to have a great time with the snow/ice I found on Cerro Catedral.

"Our representative flag"

All the students painted a flag to be identified with during their stay in Bariloche. It usually has the names of them painted on it. Not only we painted our names but we draw us also. We chose different features of us and put them on the cloth. As a result we got a work of art! Now each member of my group of friends (we were 9) has the piece of cloth where here figure was painted.

"One stop at Cerro Lopez"

This is a picture we took while climbing up to Cerro Lopez's top

"Sailing to "Bosque de Arrayanes" (Myrtles Wood)"

I've heard that there are few Myrtles woods throughout the world, if this is not the only one. The wood is a part of the National Park and it is protected (you can't get twigs nor pick them up from the ground). It is said that Disney was inspirited by this wood when he filmed "Bambi" (actually the colour of Bambi's body resembles the colour of these trees trunk!; and there is a small wooden hut at the centre of the wood called "Bambi's hut").You can get there by ship, as we did. It's in a small island in Nahuel Huapi Lake

Comments