3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Costs 35% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• leostarico's Profile Photo

Good place to stay

Unique Quality: All rooms with a view to the lake. Very comfortable. Breakfast buffet included. Pool, Gymn. Located right in the shore of the lake.
    Very friendly staff.

Directions: 5 minutes driving from downtown Bariloche.

• wadekorzan's Profile Photo

A great place to stay on the lakeshore

The Hosteria del Lago is just 1 of many many accommodations in the Bariloche area. I would say the accommodation is "average". The hotel is situated 8 km out of the town of Bariloche, right on the shores of the lake on your way to the famous hotel Llao Llao. The best thing about the place is the pretty location. If you don't have a car and need to be right IN the city, I wouldn't stay here...but then again, I would not recommend to stay right in the city unless you don't have a car. The rooms are decent, all with a view of the lake. They are clean but simply, and the bathrooms are very good. There is a pool, but when we were there it seemed like it needed cleaning so we didn't use it. The manager of the hotel named Oscar is very helpful and will be more than willing to assist you in making your plans while staying in the region.

More about Hosteria del Lago

Bariloche - Buenos Aires - Mendoza - Patagonia

by lima.clco

"Bariloche"

Sincerelly, Bariloche is great. it has everything one could want at a snow area and it is also beauthifull in the summer.

My trip was an adult trip, I mean I was not with children nor teen agers, so.... my interests were food, confort and and skiing.

It is quite cheaper than other sky resorts, one may have personal classes for 5 days for about 700 dollars and learn how to ski. The place is of a beauty attonishing and do have plenty of things to do if you are interested on eating meet and driking wine.

I stayed at the Hosteria del lago, we rented a car and did everything by ourselves. So... read a little and don't worry on getting tours. These tours will make your trip a lot expensiver ( rssss - don't forget I am a brasilian speaking english)

Chocolates are a big thing tere and should be tried. They can be even better than swiss chocolate.

Go to dine or lunch at lao lao hotel = reservations needed and visit the shop of dolls and wall clocks relógios de parede . It is on the way os lao lao hotel, the circuito chico and the clocks are very cheap compared with others.

The Alberto`s place is good but there are orhers. it probably was great before the other opened but in our days I would say that for brasilians from Rio and Sao paulo it does not have much to say. Although it is good I went at boliche do Alberto and enjoyed it but it is not great as they say.

Chocolates mamuska, Rappa Nui.... and there must to be others as good. I am happy I did not try them or I would be fat. rssss

"By the way. Panamerican is also great and down Tow"

Do the refugèe Neumeyer, it is great. If you drive there it is just before the rustic road, when the asfalt ends be shure to have passed neumeyer condominiun. It is a private place that does not advertise it self, so.... be awake, aware that that big Gate was it. !!! rssss

Go dine at Torremolinos, or similar. The mest is better than at Boliche do Alberto and the price is similar. The place has style, it seems with the home of Flinstones. Do you remember them?

It is up hill over Civic place.

Lake Crossing Puerto Montt to Bariloche or viceversa around June 30

by butron

I am planning a trip with my wife for our 25th wedding anniversary. I am considering this route, but I admit that I am a bit nervous because of the winter season. Please advise:
* Is it too cold to take this tour around June 30? what is the average temperature in Bariloche and Puerto Montt? and how long it takes to go from one to the other at the end of June?
* I read that July is very crowded in Bariloche, but I imagine most people go to ski. Neither my wife or I ski, although we might be interested in a one-day instruction for the fun of it. Is it reasonable to expect hotel availability around this time of the year? Is it worth to visit in the winter if we are not skiing? By the way, I can pay up to $100 per night for hotel. Any recommendations?

Re: Lake Crossing Puerto Montt to Bariloche or viceversa around June 30

by Porteno

As for crossing the lake you should be able to find all your information at this website http://www.internationalms.com/cruce/ as for the weather yes it will be cold, the ski season can begin in June just depends on amount of snow fall. The area is fantastic, breathtaking so I am sure you will love the area. Hotels in your price range do book up quickly here are some, Hosteria Del Lago, you also might try this one Hostel Inn Patagonia/Lago Gutierrez. There are many hotels in the town of Bariloche, but some of them are very bad....in that they do not honor even prepaid reservations. For a good hotel rview site try http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g312848-San_Carlos_de_Bariloche_Province_of_Rio_Negro_Patagonia-Vacations.html

You will get some pretty decent information on why hotels that are good and the ones to avoid.

suerte