Las Marias del Nahuel Cabins

Tags

Family Travel Eco-Tourism Budget Travel
See Amenities
CLillard's Profile Photo

Cozy cabin with an awesome view of the lake

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 3, 2006

Only downside about this place is that the owners only speak Spanish. But that shouldn't be too much of a problem because we really didn't need to ask them for anything.

My favorite thing about this place is the awesome views and the fact that it is a small family run business. It's not a hostel full of crazy college kids. I have nothing against crazy college kids, I was one not too long ago. But this is a place where I like to enjoy nature. Right from my bedroom window I had an awesome view of the lake. And they have stairs leading down to a rocky beach. I also like that this place has character AND it's very nice quality.

Continental breakfast is included in the nightly rate. Breakfast consisted of sliced ham, cheese, bread, jam, and orange juice.

We paid 440 Argentine pesos per night for 6 people. That is about $146 US dollars per night. If we have less people, the cost goes down. For 2 people it's $67 US dollars per night. For 4 people it's $133 US dollars per night. I tried to book directly with the hotel, but they wanted me to use Western Union, which was highly complicated for me. So I booked online using http://www.interhabit.com and the transaction went smoothly. Interhabit accepts Visa and Mastercard.

Unique Quality: We stayed in Cabana #6. It was two bedrooms and 6 of us could sleep. One bedroom had a king bed. The other bedroom had 2 twin beds. The sofa turned into 2 twin beds, because there was a trundle bed underneath.

They provide towels, soap, shampoo (not conditioner). The cabana has a minifridge, microwave, stove, oven, toaster, 2 TVs (one in living room, 1 in master bedroom), several telephones, Air Conditioner, heater, and a security alarm. They do not provide a clock. There was a kitchen table with chairs for 6 people.

Directions: It's just a 10 minute drive from the town center to the Cabanas Las Marias.
They have a map on their website http://www.lasmarias-bariloche.com/ubicacion_en.htm

We just called a taxi whenever we needed a ride somewhere.

Nearby Las Marias del Nahuel Cabins

• Kitchenette
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

San Carlos de Bariloche Travel Forum

Need advice about San Carlos de Bariloche, Argentina? Visit the Travel Forum for San Carlos de Bariloche and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest San Carlos de Bariloche hotel reviews