Bartolome Mitre 669, Salta, Province of Salta, 4400, Argentina

Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Unfriendly and Charges over the room rate

A 16.5% deposit for the hotel was charged to my credit card. Upon checkout the hotel refused to honor the deposit (even w/ proof of my credit card receipt) and forced me to pay the amount of the entire stay. So, I paid almost 100.00 USD more for the stay as they would not credit me the deposit that was taken at the time of the reservation. The hotel even printed me out documents from their reservation system, stating to minus out the deposit from the final bill total. Then the hotel, told me to get the money back from my travel insurance. It was a horrible expericence being forced to overpay so I could get on a flight back to BA. Be very careful when booking with this hotel and be prepared to pay more then the rate they quote you, if you stay there.

Unique Quality: The pool area and breakfast in the morning is nice. The rooms are clean. However, that is over shadowed by being overcharged and then telling me to work it out with my travel insurance or my credit card company.

Directions: Five blocks from main square

• Inferior Service

Seeking to indulge myself I decided to stay at this allegedly four star hotel. The rooms were nice and spacious. The restaurant´s food and wait staff were good.
    The service at this hotel ranged from non-existent to inferior. Some of the employees can be described as incompetent and/or indifferent. During my stay there were the following problems:
    1. An employee of the housekeeping staff discarded two items I had left on the bathroom sink countertop. I manged to retreive one of them by chasing her down and rumaging through the garbage.
    2. The free internet access was not available for several days or was of extremely poor quality, even though this was brought to the attention of the staff on numerous occassions. The problem still has not been corrected, as I am writing this from a locutorio next to the hotel.
    3. When the mini refrigerator in my room broke down, it took several requests over a period of several hours to have it replaced.

The hotel attempts to scam guests into paying for an overpriced bottle of wine when they arrive. In the room, on a table is a small bottle of wine with two glasses, giving the appearance of a welcoming gift. Later the hotel charges the guest for the wine if they consume it. I discussed this matter with a local in the tourism industry. She stated that this was a "trick" to get guests to pay for the overpriced wine.

My stay at this establishment has been nothing but aggrevating. I look foward to departing tomorrow.

Comments