Salta Hotel

Hotel Salta
Booking.com Tingo.com Priceline.com

• PrincessMonja's Profile Photo

Prime Location

We left our hostel to come and stay here for a few days for my birthday.

It was lovely - the room was great. I actually could have a bath (quite a novelty after months of only showers). The staff were very helpful and I had a super time.

Unique Quality: The Hotel Salta is right on the Plaza 9 de Julio. It has a nice secluded garden with a pool, two restaurants and lots of charm.

One of my family back in England had contacted the hotel and organised a bottle of champagne for my birthday, and the hotel (on finding out it was my birthday) sent me a special greeting and some flowers as well!

Directions: On the corner of the Plaza 9 de Julio.

More about Salta Hotel

On the Square

by Ekahau about Hotel Salta

The Hotel Salta, is right on the city square and I had a pleasant room overlooking it with a balcony. The Hotel is a very old traditional place of neocolonial architecture with its huge wood balconies and (get this word) arabesque carvings, period majolicas and a marvelous dining-room, ornamented with paintings of Ernesto Scotti.
The courtgard with its climbing bouganvilleas and pool, is a very peaceful place. With one exception the days I was there it was also the Miss Argentina contest. Fun yu bet Peaceful don't think so. Buenos Aires 1
Salta
Argentina
tel/fax: 54-387-4310740

Salta Hotel

by stevepreece about Munay Hotel

Arrived on bus from San Pedro De Atacama at 1:30 am. Hotel was open and very welcoming. I think it cost 45 pesos a night for a double room. Quiet even though right on busy street. Right next door to the market with cheap places to eat all around or a short walk into the plaza and nicer places.

Central Salta

by Ekahau

As I approached the city of Salta (pop. 270,000; alt. 3900 ft.), had had an excellent view of the surrounding countryside from the air. There were beautiful mountains on both the east and west, but the land between was as flat as a pancake.

The Hotel Salta is a really fine hotel which sits across the street from the southeast corner of the Plaza de 9 Julio, the city's main square. Built in 1942, the hotel is considered to be one of Salta's most attractive buildings.

Salta-tastic!

by PrincessMonja

Hi there!

My husband and I went to Salta a few years ago. We planned to stay a few days, but ended up staying two weeks! We spent most of our time staying at the Hostal Terra Occulta http://www.terraoculta.com/home.htm; but as it was my birthday while we were there we stayed a few days at the Hotel Salta http://www.hotelsalta.com/, which was lovely (and has a pool).

We went to Álvarez for lunch several times (cheap menu and lots of local colour! - it's close to the Terra Occulta). Each night we enjoyed sitting in the main square, drinking wine and eating empañadas, yum!

We also went on a fantastic riding trip with Enrique, the gaucho, check out the website at http://www.saltacabalgatas.com.ar/eng/index.html

I hope you have a fantastic time,

best wishes

Princess Monja

Hotel SaltaHotel Salta

Rental car agency in Salta

by norp65

We are a group of 5 adults who are flying into Salta for a week's stay. We'd like to rent a car big enough for 5 or a minivan (gulp). Has anyone found a local car rental company in the Salta area that they would recommend? What can we expect to pay? We like to do business with local agencies, but the car needs to be reliable.

RE: Rental car agency in Salta

by MacLnd

I rented 2 times a 4x4 truck at a local rental company situated right by the Hotel Salta (at Plaza 9 de Julio), and they always gave me a very good service. I cant remember the name of that company right now, but i can try to find it if i f you want.
Mac

RE: Rental car agency in Salta

by srcsalta

Well, we are a Travel Agency from Salta City, may be we can help you.
If you want to be sure about the car that you will rent the recommendation is:
Are many Rent-a-Car in our City, good ones: Noa Rentacar, Asis rentacar.You can contact us by E-Mail info@balance-evt.com.ar we also provide this services, with professional driver or not.
Best Regards from Salta City