Albergue Buenos Aires

iam1wthee's Profile Photo

Cheap stay

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 31, 2004

On first sight I was impressed with how clean it was and spacious the room and bathroom were. It was my first time at a hostel. I liked the location in that it was 2 blocks from the train station and 3 blocks from the main street.

At night the place was freezing cold especially the bathroom. For the beds they do have sheets and give you extra blankets but that is it. They have one little radiator they plug in the morning in the hallway of the hotel. You only feel it when you are next to it though.

The rooms were NOT soundproof. You could hear people talking and snoring. It was very difficult for me to get to sleep somenights.

The TV buttons were broken and the picture not clear.

The staff understood very little English. I had a hard time getting thru to them that breakfast was supposed to be included in my stay. I never had any there the whole time.

I did not meet too many people because most of the travelers at the time I was there did not know English either. I was bored whenever I got here.

Unique Quality: I stayed in a room by myself, I did not have to share not even the bathroom. However, this option is available to you.
You have to pay for laundry they do not let you do it yourself.
Breakfast is 5 pesos and it consists of coffee or tea and a muffin--thats it!
internet access is 6 pesos
There is a fully equipped kitchen and dining area. Soda is 5 pesos from the vending machine they have inside.

Please note that there is more than one Albergue hostel which I did not know and I think I was booked into the wrong one.

Maillekeul's Profile Photo

The least expensive - Le moins cher

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 23, 2003

We arrived in El Calafate at 1 in the morning and we have been to almost all the hostels of the town.. and this one is the less expensive one !

On est arrives a El Calafate a 1heure du mat' et on a fait tous les hotels de la ville avant celui-ci... et c'est le moins cher de tous !

Unique Quality: Rooms for 2 : 30 pesos (10 USD) and this is not a dorm like in Hotel El Calafate !
Kitchen, hot water, TV, dining room.
Miguel and Maria are very helpful.

Chambres pour 2 : 30 pesos (10 USD) et ce n'est pas un dortoir comme a l'Hotel El Calafate !
Cuisine, eau chaude, tele et salle commune.
Miguel et Maria sont vraiment sympas et donnent de bons conseils.

Directions: Behind the bus station (don't go down the stairs)

Derriere la station de bus (cote sans escalier a descendre)

El Calafate Travel Forum

Need advice about El Calafate, Argentina? Visit the Travel Forum for El Calafate and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest El Calafate hotel reviews