Hosteria Puerto San Julian

DaveG0906's Profile Photo

A Little Gem

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 15, 2008

I stayed at this hotel recently for a total of 4 nights.

The hotel is located in area which is about a 10 minute walk from the town centre. It is a small hotel with about 10 rooms.The staff are very friendly and efficient and can book you in on trips if you wish.

The rooms are spacious and clean with large windows looking over the mountains behind. A breakfast buffet is included in the price. Free WiFi is included.

sykora1975's Profile Photo

Not if you want to sleep...

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 21, 2006

Puerto San Julian in El Calafate is very nice from the outside. The rooms were clean. Close walk to the center of town.

BUT...

I have never stayed in a hotel or hostel with so much noise! Its a nice, new building built with hardwood floors and NO rugs, which means that you can hear EVERYTHING from your room.

When I stayed there last week, I got virtually no sleep because of the loud echos of voices of guests staying up late at night to talk.

I would not recommend this hosteria to anyone who is a light sleeper.

lkdahl's Profile Photo

VT member Carolina27's own Bed & Breakfast

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 28, 2005

This hosteria is a work in progress. It opened at the beginning of Feb., 2005. It has a cozy log cabin look on the outside. It is located about 500 meters from the main street, Libertador.

Because I am friends with Carolina27, the staff was extra, extra nice to me. But I'm sure they are very nice and helpul to all the guests. When I first arrived they had brochures and guide books ready for me. I just picked the excursions and tours I was interested in and they made all the arrangements for me.

The room I had was a nice room with a queen sized bed and a bath/jacuzzi. It had satallite TV. About the only time I really spent in the room was for sleeping, since most of the day from morning until night time was spent on excursions.

In the morning they had a breakfast of pastries, coffee, assorted teas, juice and yogurt.

Unique Quality: As I said, knowing Carolina27, she instructed the staff to be extra nice to me. Being in El Calafate is not about where your staying. Like I said the real draw and the real beauty is the glaciers, mountain lakes and the Patagonian forests.

Directions: Located about 500 meters from the main street, Libertador.

carolina27's Profile Photo

A good place to stay

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 13, 2005

Hosteria Puerto San Julian is a great place to stay. It's cozy and very confortable. Service is excelent. Breakfast is included.

Directions: Hosteria Puerto San Julian is located 500 meters from the main city shopping center and 15 min from the National Airport.

Nearby Hosteria Puerto San Julian

• Wheelchair Accessible
  • Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet

El Calafate Travel Forum

Need advice about El Calafate, Argentina? Visit the Travel Forum for El Calafate and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest El Calafate hotel reviews