4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Booking.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

More about El Calafate

Perito Moreno GlacierPerito Moreno Glacier

JumpingDANIELSCHAMANN, El Chalten, ArgentinaJumpingDANIELSCHAMANN, El Chalten, Argentina

Beautiful Lago ArgentinoBeautiful Lago Argentino

Iceberg at 1 o'clockIceberg at 1 o'clock

Flights from BA to El Calafate

by odin777

Hello - My husband and I are traveling to BA in late November and we have been looking into flights from BA to El Calafate. We are seeing flights from $350USD and up for roundtrip tickets between the cities. I know it's early but does anyone know if we should expect these prices to go up, down or should we just wait to get in country and then arrange flights? Thank you all!

by patagoniapaul

by odin777

To PatagoniaPaul - Thank you for your response but I can't tell whether you are saying "yes" to the prices going up, down or whether we should wait until we are in-country to purchase tickets. Please be more specific to be helpful.

Thank you!

by hmoitta

to know the best prices enter in the Aerolineas Argentinas site and see the best days to travel; I've done that in my trip from BA to Ushuaia and got a good price; but perhaps it's a little early for November

by spidermiss

I flew from BA to El Calafate (For a round trip it cost me around 180 GBP) in January and I found it was cheaper booking my ticket in advance from home than in Argentina. November is the beginning of the high season and it's best booking in advance to be guaranteed a seat and Aerolineas Argentinas charges more to non residents (so it could be expensive if you left it until you arrive in Argentina to book the tickets). However, it's worth looking at the AA website for any special deals but I found that these tend to be catered towards Argentine residents but you never know.

Travel Tips for El Calafate

Information on the internet

by vtveen

To make it a little bit easier to find information on the internet about El Calafate some links:

Turismo El Calafate

Weather information about Patagonia:
weather

Serac

by elpariente

Serac : Son bloques de hielo agrietados , originados por cambios de velocidad o pendiente del curso del glaciar .
Serac : They are cracked ice blocks produced by difference of speed or slope in the course of the glacier

Safari N?utico

by sof76

La excursi?n consiste en una navegaci?n por el Brazo Rico que permite apreciar los t?mpanos que se desprenden de las paredes de hielo del Glaciar Perito Moreno. Llegando hasta el extremo sur del Canal de los T?mpanos.

Esta excursi?n dura aproximadamente una hora y brinda la posibilidad
de observar con una perspectiva totalmente diferente las impresionantes paredes y picos del Glaciar al nivel del agua (60 metros aprox.) y sus continuos derrumbes.

GREAT cheap food

by galy about Rick's Café

It was 16:00 (4:00 p.m.) and as we didn't have lunch yet, we were starved!!! Most restaurants we checked were already close, after lunch, and before dinner, and one or two that were open, didn't wet our apetize then we found Ricks Cafe. We didn't realy feel like a coffee, but we picked inside...Eat as much as you can (or want). The very efficient waiter will bring you more food as you ask. There is also a salad buffet. The pasta was finished, by the time we went in, so aur vegeterian freind, stuck to the salad buffet.
The food was excelent, but opening ours, won! Steaks, mutton and chorisos

Perito Moreno

by anabelsousa

This is the main spot in the city. Is a National Park, so whatever is the trip you choose, you have to know the entrance will be an extra charge.
I think the Travel Agency I took was Mundo Austral. Everyones are similar, but I prefered this one, because the guide was really good at, and he drove by a non traitional path, showed us the flora and fauna and the Estancias (outside).

Comments